PDA

View Full Version : Racial Trait: Will-Defenese +1

Nephilim667
August 24th, 2010, 14:15
Hi Guys,

I'd like to play an Eladrin Ranger in our groups next campaign.
Eladrin have the Eladrin Will racial feature which gives you a +1 on Will Defense and +5 on Will Defense against Charm effects.

As the +5 against charm is a conditional effecs i'm aware that this cannot be applied automatically.
But how can I modify my charsheet, so the general +1 is allways applied to my will defense?
Do I have to build an effect for that, which is applied permanently?

Thanks and regards
Neph

PS: How can I apply weapon proficiencies to my attack roll?
(sorry ... question questions questions ...)

Zeus
August 24th, 2010, 14:44
On the main page of the PC's full charsheet, select the Will field Under AC, Fortitude and Reflex. Keep the mouse over the field and now use the scroll wheel of your mouse to increment the bonus modifier for the field (invisible when 0 and signified by a small graphical widget in top right corner of the field when non 0).

Note: You may need to hold down Cntrl when you scroll the scroll wheel of your mouse, depending upon the option you have Mouse: Wheel Editing set to in Options.

For the conditional effect i would create an Effect that the player can apply to themselves when the condition is met.

someoneinatree
August 24th, 2010, 14:44
EDIT: Simultaneous post!

I would normally just include racial bonuses to defenses as part of the permanent "misc" modifiers on the combat tab of my character sheet.

And yes, the +5 to saves vs. charm effects should be applied manually when appropriate.

Weapon proficiency bonuses should also be built into the combat tab. If you are dragging a weapon into your inventory from a parsed 4e PHB, it should automatically give you the appropriate proficiency bonus on the combat tab.

For example, a longsword would read:
Atk (d20) Base +3 vs. AC | Dmg (1d8) Base | +Crit (blank)

A Magic Longsword +1 would read:
Atk (d20) Base +4 vs. AC | Dmg (1d8) Base +1 | +Crit (1d6)

Multiple weapons in your inventory will each be allocated a number (1. 2. 3. 4. etc) here on the combat tab.

All you have to do is make sure at the top of your powers tab, you put the corresponding weapon number into the "Default Weapon" box.

Nephilim667
August 24th, 2010, 14:59
Thanks for the help.

Weapon proficiency bonuses should also be built into the combat tab. If you are dragging a weapon into your inventory from a parsed 4e PHB, it should automatically give you the appropriate proficiency bonus on the combat tab.
Had alook at it and you're completely right.
When I drag in a maul, i get:
Base + 2 vs. AC
With Str set to 14 a +4 is automatically applied to the attack roll.

In that case the character in not proficient with that weapon, so I guess I have to delete the proficiency bonus that the modified entry looks like:
Base + 0 vs. AC

Right?

someoneinatree
August 25th, 2010, 01:18
In that case the character in not proficient with that weapon, so I guess I have to delete the proficiency bonus that the modified entry looks like:
Base + 0 vs. AC

Right?

That's correct.

Note that the "base" represents the default ability modifier associated with the attack and damage rolls. So in the case of melee weapons, it is strength. Note that ability modifiers listed on the powers tab will override the "base" when using a weapon or implement with a power.