PDA

View Full Version : Tokens

Tony Rogers
August 24th, 2010, 01:17
Not sure I'm gettinting this Tokens thing. ..sorry I just got this program a couple days ago. ..I'm a newb. I made a token in Photoshop, went to the Start up menu/all programs/Fantasy Grounds II/Data Folder/ Tokens/shared, thrue the token in there and it didn't appear in my module I'm working on. ..just wondering if there is a trick or another step...
Please help this newb out, thank you.

Zeus
August 24th, 2010, 01:30
Placing the token in the tokens/shared folder makes them available from the token box (bottom right hand corner of the FGII desktop).

Open the token box and you should see token bags for each subfolder in the tokens/shared (everyone) and tokens/host (GM only). Opening these bags reveals the tokens which you can drag to PCs, NPCs, Encounter entries and Combat Tracker Entries as well as images/maps.

Once you have assigned your tokens, exporting campaign content to a module will include any associated tokens.

Tony Rogers
August 24th, 2010, 01:49
Very strange, I put the token in the shared folder, then I go to the Tokens button, click on it and I don't see the token anywhere. Frustrating:(

Moon Wizard
August 24th, 2010, 02:00
A couple questions:

* Make sure that the folder is "tokens/shared" within the FG2 application data folder. (Note the case)
* What kind of format is the token you made? (i.e. file extension)

Cheers,
JPG

Tony Rogers
August 24th, 2010, 02:23
Yep:C:\Documents and Settings\Tony\Application Data\Fantasy Grounds II\tokens\shared

I made the tokens 2"x2" just to try it.. .not sure how big to make them but wanted them square, then tried using jpg, and bmp.

Moon Wizard
August 24th, 2010, 02:35
Are there other folders in that directory? (campaigns, rulesets, ...)

The data folder on my machine is:
C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II

I think that the only difference is that you are running on a different version of Windows, but I want to be sure.

Thanks,
JPG

Tony Rogers
August 24th, 2010, 02:40
Nope nothing in the tokens shared file at all. ..I don't have any games though. .I just got this Sunday. I was just trying to make my own game using the Thunderspire module. ..be nice to have some sweet tokens though hahaha.. I just don't understand why it wont work.

Tony Rogers
August 24th, 2010, 02:48
Ooooook, I restarted the interface and the tokens I made showed up ...Thanks for all your help guys :)