PDA

View Full Version : I'm a newb that needs help

Tony Rogers
August 23rd, 2010, 15:39
Hey guys I just bought this program and it has the potential to be sweet!!!
I'm trying to use the 4E rules set. I downloaded the program but in the "Fantasy Grounds" folder it doesn't seem to have a "Data" folder. I opened the interface and updated it. ..still no Data file in the folder. Do I need to make one, or download it from a secret site somewhere, or does it come with a module of some kind? need help...

Question part 2
My friend has a downloaded free version of this and the Data folder is in the " Fantasy Grounds" folder ...has the champaign folder, made at folder in there of the game I was trying to make, put an image folder in that. ..but when I try to put an image in it, well it doesn't appear in the game interface. ...Help please

Zeus
August 23rd, 2010, 16:11
Fantasy Grounds II uses a couple of different directories to hold campaign information as well as the program itself.

The program is located in the usual Program Files subfolder in the root of the C: drive.

e.g. C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) on Windows 7

FGII also uses an application data folder to hold campaign and other information for each user, these are stored under the Users folder.

e.g. C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\

It is in this latter folder that you will locate and find the campaign subfolder. Under this subfolder is a folder for each campaign, you can place an images subfolder in these campaign folders to hold your JPG images.

You can also quickly locate the App Data folder for an FGII install by using the Windows Start Menu:

Start->All Programs->Fantasy Grounds II->Application Data Folder

Tony Rogers
August 23rd, 2010, 19:57
DrZeuss!!!! You are the man, thank you so much!!!

Zeus
August 23rd, 2010, 20:11
Hey no worries and welcome to the forums. :D

Make sure to check out the User Guides in the Library documentation section of the site (see the menu bar at the top of the page) for comprehensive guides on how to use FGII.

In addition you will find some fantastic community video guides from Xorn, make sure you take a look when you can.

You can find the videos here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12665).