PDA

View Full Version : Adding weapons etc.

Chris_Seal
August 22nd, 2010, 22:10
Hi there,

I'm in the process of "fine-tuning" this excellent ruleset for my home campaign and wish to add a selection of extra weapons. I have been poking into the Arms Law db.xml and have figured out the format but was wondering if there was a campaign specific file that I should edit, rather than making changes to the Arms Law one?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Chris

Veldehar
August 23rd, 2010, 19:02
Simplest solution is to just add stuff in, but the niftier and more complex solution is to create your own mod. My personal preference was to have my campaign with all custom creatures and treasures in their own "books" for the campaign and not bother to load the creatures and treasures from RMC. But if you are just looking to add a few basic weapons, dropping them into Arms Law should work just fine.

Veldehar

Chris_Seal
August 23rd, 2010, 22:05
Hi Veldehar,

Thanks for the help. I'm planning on adding in the spell law II stuff so I might try out making a module since I'm guessing thats the best way of handling things.

Cheers
Chris

Veldehar
August 24th, 2010, 21:17
Yeah, if you're going to the trouble to input Spell Law 2 you might as well do the heavier work. The end product will be more satisfying. I've got all the info from pre-Spell Law 2 added in, as well making everything drag and drop... so I went a tad crazy myself, LOL.

Veldehar

Chris_Seal
August 24th, 2010, 21:51
Heh, crazy is good :D.