PDA

View Full Version : Image Sharing Problems

Akempis
August 21st, 2010, 03:53
Hi gang,

I'm having problems sharing images with a player and we can't seem to get it worked out...looking for any suggestions.

Here's what's happening:

We connect to one another fine, all seems to work normally. When I share an image with him, map or otherwise, what he sees is a continual manila field that says "Loading...". He can see his character tokens on it, he can move them around - he can draw on it and I can see him drawing on it, but he cannot see what he draws. Just an indefinite 'loading...'.

Here's what we have tried so far:

1. One early suggestion we were given was to clear ownership of the characters and attempt to reassign them to the player with a slightly different name. This, unfortunately, did not work.

2. He was having trouble loading the update, we thought that might be an issue - so he completely deleted FG2 from his computer and redownloaded it from the website. When he started it up he had version 2.7.1 and there was an update available for him. When he tried to connect to me, still on 2.6.5, he was told the versions were not compatible. He went back out and clicked the update and when it restarted he was back to 2.6.5! (Not sure if this is relevant or not...)

He was able to connect to my campaign this time, but unfortunately the image sharing issue was still a problem.

So now we're at a total loss. I have no idea what to do or suggest to him. Anyone else having this issue or have any idea how to solve it?

Moon Wizard
August 21st, 2010, 06:46
How large is your image file? Perhaps the challenge is that it is taking a long time to transfer.

Regards,
JPG