PDA

View Full Version : I don't get it???

stmcallister40003
August 19th, 2010, 22:51
I don't understand where i get the ruleset for 4E. I've searched these posts end to end but all i find is modifications to other modules. Can someone point me in the right direction?

VenomousFiligree
August 19th, 2010, 23:12
The 4e ruleset now comes as standard with the FG download. When you select new campaign it will be in the ruleset "window".

jbear
August 20th, 2010, 12:20
Ruleset and modules are different.

I imagine what you are looking for are the PHB, DMG, MM etc. right?

I think you have to acquire them as you would a book.
If you have the physical books, then follow the tutorials and you can learn how to type in the relevant powers/information

GunnarGreybeard
August 20th, 2010, 14:02
The rulesets are basically the framework but do not include the actual content however there are some rulesets that have been populated with content that can be purchased such as the BRP ruleset.

Moon Wizard
August 20th, 2010, 22:27
Also, one of our amazing community members, Tenian, has built a 4E parser specifically to create FG-compatible book modules from your existing D&D Insider account. You can also use the tool to build book modules from your PDFs as well, but it takes quite a bit more time and effort.

Cheers,
JPG

stmcallister40003
August 21st, 2010, 11:14
Thanks for your help. I now have the parser and can scrape directly from dndinsider. but it only scrapes the powers. This is usefull but limited

Zeus
August 21st, 2010, 11:26
Thanks for your help. I now have the parser and can scrape directly from dndinsider. but it only scrapes the powers. This is usefull but limited

The Parser will scrape all functional data thats available under the Compendium for the Module you select. This includes powers, feats, features, npcs, traps, rituals, items and skills. When you select a module from the pull down list on the Scrape config form, note the content checkboxes below (they will auto select based upon whats available from the compendium).

As the compendium itself does not include all reference text as well as some data from the hardcopy rulebooks the Parser is unable to scrape such content. However if you own a copy of the books and/or PDFs you can manually copy and paste the content you require into text files using a pre-described format that the Parser can then parse. The reference guide for the required format is detailed in the Parser Document.txt which is available from the Parser's Program Files folder.

Using both the automated scrape features for functional data as well as the manual methods for parsing the non-functional reference text it is 100% possible to make a module for FGII that has the exact same content as the hardcopy.

My collection includes the majority of all the available books including, PHB, PHB2, PHB3, PSG, AV, AV2, DMG, DMG2, MM, MM2, MM3, TPA, TPB, OG, MotP, Underdark, both Draconimicons, Demonicon, all the Player Power splat books, FR and Eberron Campaign and Players Guides, Dragon/Dungeon Annuals and Magazines as well as H1-H3, Revenge of the Giants, Scales of War, Dungeon Delves and other smaller adventure modules.