PDA

View Full Version : [BRP] The Laundry

VenomousFiligree
August 19th, 2010, 20:00
As soon as The Laundry (https://shop.cubicle7store.com/epages/es113347.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es113347_shop/Products/CB71200) is released it will be getting the FG treatment. Work so far on the skin below. The Devs went to great pains to make FG not look like a software program!! :)

Stitched
August 19th, 2010, 20:03
Ooooh. I love that series. I'm in!

Arnuphis
August 19th, 2010, 21:12
Awesome. I'm sure my group will have a field day with this setting.

VenomousFiligree
August 19th, 2010, 21:18
Although I'll be converting the whole pdf, this will only be available if Cubicle 7 sign up with FG. I will however post the skin and BRP mod if Cubicle 7 don't sign up and Doug is OK with it.

StuartW
August 19th, 2010, 22:13
Great looking skin!

VenomousFiligree
August 20th, 2010, 10:09
Great looking skin!
Thanks! :)

VenomousFiligree
August 20th, 2010, 16:42
How do I go about changing text colour? The quickslots, story/encounter/etc frames and the modifier box all have white and I need black.

StuartW
August 20th, 2010, 17:06
fonts.xml links the font name to its colour - you can either define some new font names for the elements you want to change or redefine the existing fonts so they change colour everywhere.

Hope that helps

Stuart

VenomousFiligree
August 20th, 2010, 17:30
Thanks, was just coming back to say I found it! :)

VenomousFiligree
August 20th, 2010, 18:57
Some more work done.

Not sure if I need to reskin the story/encounter/etc title bars?

I'll probably to have to change the HM Government and Skype logs due to copyright.

VenomousFiligree
August 20th, 2010, 23:51
I'd like to change the position of the text in indexboxtitle (red frame), how would I do that?

Edit:
Ok, I've found it in utility.xml, can a windowclass be modified from an extension?

StuartW
August 21st, 2010, 06:52
A windowclass can be modified from an extension (I use that technique in WoD, I think, and it is definiately used for the image tools extension).

You need to be aware that if you override a chunk of code, any future changes/bugfixes in the underlying ruleset won't propogate to the extension, and that extensions may end up clashing with each other. As I mentioned, the image tools extension modifies the imagewindow class, so if you override that class in your extension, the two couldn't co-exist.

In the case of imagetools it isn't a problem (they are built into the BRP ruleset), but the principle applies to other extensions.

Stuart

VenomousFiligree
August 21st, 2010, 07:41
Thanks, sounds like I'll have a rethink on the skin for those frames.

VenomousFiligree
August 21st, 2010, 08:34
Reskined using default sizes and positions.

StuartW
August 21st, 2010, 08:38
It's a shame, I liked the previous skin!

VenomousFiligree
August 21st, 2010, 08:45
Me too, however as you mention there would be big chunks of code in the extension, that would not get updated on a ruleset update.

Also I want to be able to distribute the extension freely, not sure if I could do that with lots of code in it?

However... just had a flash of inspiration! Rather than try to change the position of indexboxtitle, change the size of indexbox with some white space at the top... *rushes back to PSP* :)

VenomousFiligree
August 21st, 2010, 09:01
A bit of fine tweaking required...

StuartW
August 21st, 2010, 10:09
Neat!

;)

Stuart

VenomousFiligree
August 25th, 2010, 21:17
New background image and combat tracker done. Still not sure what to do with the Library / Module Activation / Character List without including the windowclass :confused:

tdewitt274
August 26th, 2010, 04:36
Hmm, I'm surprised you didn't go with a Mac theme with the iPhone and all ;)

Maybe after you get everything sorted with the Windows, Linux and Mac will show up?

Just kidding :)

Looks good!

VenomousFiligree
August 26th, 2010, 08:57
The lead character in the series is an IT geek in a Government organisation, and so works with Windows. In each book however he has the latest handheld device.

If anything the windows look is probably far too modern, it should probably be Windows 3.1! :D

tdewitt274
August 26th, 2010, 13:43
If anything the windows look is probably far too modern, it should probably be Windows 3.1! :D

That would be priceless! The chat window would be some message board. Personalities would be a Roladex.

VenomousFiligree
September 24th, 2010, 13:50
Steady progress being made on the Laundry module.

Blue Haven
September 25th, 2010, 00:57
Great job with that mod ;) i only discovered this game a few days ago and i love it :) so CoC!! the work you made is only for the Basic roleplay right?

VenomousFiligree
September 25th, 2010, 01:24
Yes, however I'd like to see it converted for Savage Worlds as well.

VenomousFiligree
October 3rd, 2010, 23:40
I've decided to use the Powers Window for Occult Items and Spy Gear as well as Spells.

gordon_m
December 7th, 2010, 15:57
I'm playing in this game, it's truly awesome*

*in the British sense of awesome, i.e. expressing awe.

:)

VenomousFiligree
December 7th, 2010, 17:20
I'm playing in this game, it's truly awesome*

*in the British sense of awesome, i.e. expressing awe.

:)
Glad you're liking it :)

RosenMcStern
December 9th, 2010, 22:21
How long until this becomes playable?

VenomousFiligree
December 10th, 2010, 23:45
Depends what you mean by playable. The skin or the rules? I'll not be able to release the rules unless Doug gets the go ahead, and it's not a priority for me at the moment, as I'm running the campaign with Savage Worlds now.

Isembard
February 23rd, 2013, 17:40
I'm planning on running The Laundry in the near future. Was this skin ever made available it's awesome. I would love to get my hands on it.
I'm fine making the library modules it graphically that I struggle.
Thanks
Isembard

wbcreighton
February 24th, 2013, 02:07
I'm fairly sure it wasn't released. I don't think MurghBpurn got an ok from Smiteworks or he just didn't finish it. He hasn't been doing anything with FG for awhile now.

Isembard
February 24th, 2013, 06:32
Thanks for info. Gives me a bit of a project anyway.