PDA

View Full Version : transferring campaign to a new machine...

penlin
August 17th, 2010, 02:32
I recently bought a new computer with Windows 7. I had previously been running XP. I have downloaded and installed FGII on the new machine.

Now, I am transferring my old campaign to the new machine and experiencing some problems. First, I copied the data from the old folder to the following location:

C:\Users\*myusername*\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\campaigns

But, I am experiencing two (related?) problems:

1) I'm not sure that FGII is updating properly. I currently have version 2.7.1. However, it frequently (not always) says "Update Available". When I try to update, however, it doesn't change version numbers.

2) It does not always show my campaign when I go to the "Load Campaign" screen. Sometimes it is there, sometimes it is not. When it's there and I select it, I cannot load it because the "Start" button is grayed out and it tells me that an update is available.

Moon Wizard
August 17th, 2010, 02:49
It wounds like a file permissions issue.

A couple questions to help us:
* Did you install FG on your machine using the installer, or just copy files over?
* Did you install as admin or regular user? If installed as admin, uninstall then reinstall as your regular user. You will get prompted to allow the install.
* Try running FG as administrator. Right click on FG link, and select Run As Administrator.

Thanks,
JPG

penlin
August 17th, 2010, 04:11
When I installed on the new machine, I used the installer. The only stuff I copied over from the old machine was stuff from the application data folder.

I installed as a regular user (originally).

When I run as a regular user, I see the campaign I copied over and can now open it. But, when I update as a regular user, it never seems to "stick" (it always says there is a new update available)

However, when I run as administrator, I cannot see the campaign I copied over.

Is there a recommended way to run? as normal user? as administrator? This all seems pretty clunky.