PDA

View Full Version : Tokens and building adventures

Stitched
August 16th, 2010, 22:58
I wanted to build an adventure module and had placed all my NPCs on a map (pulling tokens from the Encounter list I had generated).

Is there any way to pre-set their position on the map, prior to combat, and add them to the combat tracker later or do you have to drop them from the combat tracker (to get the naming, visibility control, threat colour, etc.)?

It would be a bit annoying to have to refer to another set of maps all the time to find where I should be placing monsters for an encounter.

Forgot to add that this for 4E_JPG and I am using the 4e Letter Tokens for the maps.

Moon Wizard
August 16th, 2010, 23:22
Currently, there is no way to implement pre-positioned tokens on a map.

However, with the release of v2.7, you can now drag the faction boxes on the bottom of the combat tracker to a map, and all the tokens of that faction will be added to the map in a diagonal line going up and left starting from the drop point.

Regards,
JPG

Stitched
August 17th, 2010, 09:55
It feels like the Encounter entries and Combat tracker need to be combined so that you run Combat through the Encounters list.

I also realize that this would be a ton of work.

Currently, there is no way to implement pre-positioned tokens on a map.

However, with the release of v2.7, you can now drag the faction boxes on the bottom of the combat tracker to a map, and all the tokens of that faction will be added to the map in a diagonal line going up and left starting from the drop point.

Regards,
JPG