PDA

View Full Version : Bell-Ring Error on CT and GM handling PCs

Oberoten
August 16th, 2010, 20:30
Alas a new bug revealed.

We keep trying to get through the old lovely adventure of "Djupets Fasor" and we keep running into little bugs... some annoying, some PLANNED in the adventure (big NASTY evil bugs really) but this one I am sure is unintentional.

If the GM takes a PC on the combat tracker and the CT tries to ring the players bell, it throws an error, scaling and rotation of tokens from CT becomes impossible.

- Obe

Moon Wizard
August 16th, 2010, 20:41
Can you give me more detail on the issue?

I'm not following the "takes a PC on the combat tracker" statement. Does that mean anytime a PC's turn comes up, or have you done something to the PC before the error happens?

Thanks,
JPG

Oberoten
August 16th, 2010, 22:51
If the "Bell on Players Turn" is turned on in the BRP ruleset and I as a GM have control of one of the PC's on the combat tracker, it will throw an error when it is that PC's turn since there is in fact no "player" holding it.

- Obe

Moon Wizard
August 16th, 2010, 23:46
I get the same error when I use that option in v2.6.5. We'll have to ask the ruleset developer to take a look.

Regards,
JPG

StuartW
August 17th, 2010, 06:12
I'm on the case!

StuartW
August 17th, 2010, 06:36
OK, thanks to JPG I was able to locate and fix the script error on ringing the bell on an unowned PC's turn. The amended script is attached.

I'm not sure about the other problem you mentioned Obe, about scaling and rotating tokens - did that only happen following the first problem, or is it unrelated?

Stuart

To Use: Unzip the combattracker_entry.lua file and place it in the scripts subdirectory of the ruleset folder.

Oberoten
August 17th, 2010, 07:02
Kudos. :)

As for scaling and rotation this was only after the error fired and hence the CT went into "I am not here" mode. :)

- Obe

StuartW
August 17th, 2010, 07:32
Excellent! I'll wrap the last few fixes up into a new version once 2.7 has fully bedded in.

Stuart