PDA

View Full Version : Release v2.7

Moon Wizard
August 16th, 2010, 19:19
The Fantasy Grounds software v2.7 is now available via the FG updater for download. This is the biggest update to FG, since v2.0 was released.

The primary focus areas for this release are: modules, stability and programmability. Also, there are lots of cool features that I added in to the mix as well.

If for any reason you are unable to use v2.7, please immediately let me know via private message or the House of Healing forum. Then, use the Test Mode Manager tool on the downloads page to set your version to Test mode, and re-update to change back to v2.6.5.

A list of all the changes are visible in the FG launcher after updating, and also via these links:
Part 1 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12981)
Part 2 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12982)

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
August 16th, 2010, 20:14
Please post any issues to this thread.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12985

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
August 16th, 2010, 21:53
Quick update to v2.7.1

Fantasy Grounds - Bug Fixes

Tokens were being cloned instead of moved on images. Fixed.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
August 20th, 2010, 07:03
This release has been temporarily rolled back, pending issues identified in non-D&D rulesets.

If you use a non-D&D ruleset for your games, please drop by the Laboratory forum and help out.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
August 26th, 2010, 00:52
v2.7.2 has been released to testing via the Dev option in the Test Mode Manager.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13077

Please take it for a spin, especially if you play using a non-D&D ruleset.

Thanks,
JPG

unerwünscht
September 24th, 2010, 00:28
Any info on when this will be re-released as the active version?

Blue Haven
September 24th, 2010, 11:38
Lol bro you got the number of the beast!!! LOL 666

devinnight
September 24th, 2010, 16:43
I'll second the question, though brief the new version seemed to bring some really nice features and I'd like to get back to having it.

sinprime
September 30th, 2010, 05:46
Yes, I'm very anxious to see the 2.7 release as well. Any updates as of this week ?

Nouny
October 2nd, 2010, 13:05
I agree, I can't wait to use it!!!!!

unerwünscht
October 2nd, 2010, 13:13
Did everyone on the dev team get sucked into a bag of holding? Where is everyone? :)

GunnarGreybeard
October 2nd, 2010, 14:08
Those few days 2.7 was live really spoiled me with the ability to finally use my keypad. :D

Doswelk
October 2nd, 2010, 19:38
Yes!

I now switch to 2.7.x when I develop, and then switch back (when I remember) to game.

Of course when I forget to switch back no-one can game!

Sigurd
October 3rd, 2010, 06:13
Even just making local characters is best in 2.7.

You don't lose _everything_ if you mistakenly hit a function key!

VenomousFiligree
October 3rd, 2010, 08:52
Would be nice to get an update?

leozelig
October 3rd, 2010, 14:39
This (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11839)could be considered an update...

ddavison
October 4th, 2010, 05:36
Sorry guys, Moon_Wizard has pretty much taken ownership on the 2.7.x update and he is temporarily unavailable. I expect he will be available again in another week and I don't believe there are many more issues to work out prior to re-releasing it into our official build.

ddavison
October 4th, 2010, 05:37
Did everyone on the dev team get sucked into a bag of holding? Where is everyone? :)

The air IS starting to get a little thin.

unerwünscht
October 4th, 2010, 10:55
Well, if you guys need any help let me know. I am by no means a developer, but I am very good with resource management, project division, and goal resolution.

Sigurd
October 4th, 2010, 15:44
Well I for one think the man deserves a damn good vacation and some time with his family.

He's only cleared or potentially cleared most of the bugs in the program while working in a new language with someone elses code.

We're all chomping on the bit for some Moon Wizard wizardry but the LAST thing I want to see is him or his family resenting our little group of patch hopefulls.

You've heard the phrase 'more ants with honey'?

I'm certain he'll be back in the traces soon enough.

We'll put up the Moon Wizard signal and tell him we really really miss his help and I'm sure he'll be back as soon as he can.

Sigurd

Moon Wizard
October 4th, 2010, 17:05
I'm back, and absorbing all the feedback on v2.7. I'll be updating the individual threads as I catch up.

Please keep the feedback coming, so we can finalize the 2.7.x release.

Cheers,
JPG

unerwünscht
October 4th, 2010, 23:48
Well I for one think the man deserves a damn good vacation and some time with his family.

He's only cleared or potentially cleared most of the bugs in the program while working in a new language with someone elses code.

We're all chomping on the bit for some Moon Wizard wizardry but the LAST thing I want to see is him or his family resenting our little group of patch hopefulls.

You've heard the phrase 'more ants with honey'?

I'm certain he'll be back in the traces soon enough.

We'll put up the Moon Wizard signal and tell him we really really miss his help and I'm sure he'll be back as soon as he can.

Sigurd

That's why I am willing to volunteer some of my time to help out.

CAPryde
October 5th, 2010, 05:04
Thanks for all your work, MW.

Oneiros
October 7th, 2010, 01:43
I am anxious to get version 2.7.
However there ARE things more important than Online Role-Playing...
er...

*pindrop*

Not many things... We say "D&D IS life!"
But our families and children are coming first!
And sometime the wives or girlfriends want to watch "girly" movies with us... *sigh*

Anyway thanks to Fantasy Grounds and the ruleset of Moon_Wizard I am changing, twice a week, into a 40 years old kid who has ALOT of fun.

So thake your time M_W we appreciate your work!

now....
GET TO WORK I AM DYING TO GET VERSION 2.7... *drooling*

I AM just kidding...

hihihihihihi :p

Doswelk
October 7th, 2010, 08:45
However there ARE things more important than Online Role-Playing...
er...

*pindrop*

Not many things... We say "D&D IS life!"

D&D? I have not played that game since the death of 2nd Edition!

Savage Worlds all the way! :p

So thake your time M_W we appreciate your work!

Hear Hear!

That said given the pain that was playing a non 4e ruleset with 2.7 I am happy to wait until it's all "fixed". (I know most of the the problems were not FGII but "bad" rulesets - i.e. things that should not have worked but 2.6x allowed to work anywhay!)

Seriously though

Moon Wizard
October 7th, 2010, 09:42
Growing an existing code base is always exciting. You make new and interesting changes, and something you never touched breaks.

Please make sure to try out the latest v2.7.2 version that I pushed to the Dev mode today, especially for those playing "alternative" game systems. :)

JPG

Zeus
October 7th, 2010, 10:12
For ruleset developers - what would be useful is having the ability to generate a ruleset dependency map or something that allows you to easily visualise the dependencies within ruleset XML and LUA methods.

This would make it easier to determine the impact of change as well as helping those not familiar with the ruleset code to gain a faster understanding of its inner workings, more specifically where to look exactly.

Does anyone know of any dev tools that have this capability. I think Visual Studio does but don't know if it can be made to understand FGII's XML and LUA APIs?

Oberoten
October 7th, 2010, 10:24
I believe there was a project to this effect with a customized Visual Studio Express.

Someone remember/know what happened to it?

- Obe

drahkar
October 7th, 2010, 18:38
It got shelved because the people driving it didn't have the time to complete it.

RKBrumbelow
October 7th, 2010, 21:30
I am new to FGII but if I had my druthers I would see any aids for programming developed with eclipse. Of course I am prejudiced since I use eclipse for other work and it is cross platform with both Lua and XML support.

StuartW
October 7th, 2010, 21:54
It got shelved because the people driving it didn't have the time to complete it.

That must have been me :o(

Oberoten
October 8th, 2010, 09:46
Where is that Adobe-one Clone-tool from Photoshop when you need it, eh?

- Obe

RKBrumbelow
October 8th, 2010, 10:00
Where is that Adobe-one Clone-tool from Photoshop when you need it, eh?

- Obe
Vacationing in Redmond unfortunately https://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-Wireless/Microsoft-Adobe-Talk-Apple-Possible-Merger-Report-677130/