PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Sci-fi/Pulp Open table

Mask_of_winter
August 15th, 2010, 19:36
Building from the few dependable players I've found for my Daring Tales of the Space Lanes game I'm extending the invitation to everyone. No commitment needed. I'll run the game for whoever shows up.

Here are a few details:

Your mercenary team has been hired as security on a penal ship headed to an off-world penal colony. Psionics are part of the world. Since the trip is expected to take years and the ship is not outfitted with an hyperdrive a few security teams will take shifts while other teams are in cryo-sleep along with the passengers. Of course, something has gone terribly wrong during the trip. You awake from your cryo-sleep and must work as a team to face dangerous threat. Will the penal ship ever reach destination? Most importantly will you still be alive when it does?

I will be using Wiggy's Sci-Fi toolkits and Daring Tales of the Space Lane material as primary sources and Dark Heresy and Necropolis to a lesser extent.

I'm not going to lie to you. Yes it is a pulp game. I like to run cinematic battle scenes and encourage the players to be creative and use the environment around them. However, the mythos I use is largely inspired by gritty and dark movies like The Chronicles of Riddick, Pandorum and Alien. Games like Necropolis and Dark Heresy. The reason I picked the word "pulp" to further define the Sci-Fi genre is that this campaign will not be a hard sci-fi game. Leave your black hole theories and xenobiology thesis at the door because I'm no scientist and don't want to argue the veracity of the encounters I throw at you. I want it to be Fast, Furious and Fun. This is a campaign where you'll get to blow stuff up with big guns and chug down a sip of your favorite hard liquor before your buddy cauterize your wound with the red hot muzzle of his BFG. I expect the story to be filled with bad-@ss and barely sane mercs, suicidal heroics, gruesome fatal blows and nasty critters.

We play from 12pm/1pm until 4pm/5pm GMT -5 (US Eastern time).We will use Skype also. You are free to build your character. Standard creation 0xp, Tech Level 1 in the Sci-fi Gear Toolkit pending my approval, Psionics allowed (variants from the Sci-fi World Builder included). I plan on having pre-gens ready for pick up also. You are encouraged to do some portraits research so you don't have the lame portraits that come with FG2.

If you have any questions or would like to sign up use this thread or PM me.

Eric aka Manirick aka Mask_of_winter

Mask_of_winter
August 18th, 2010, 00:55
Added a calendar entry: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=508

CAPryde
August 29th, 2010, 04:19
Had a great time today! I'm looking forward to next week.

Mask_of_winter
August 29th, 2010, 14:31
I'm glad you enjoyed! It was nice to have such a great roleplayer. Overall a great show up too! hehe

See you next week!

Mask_of_winter
October 6th, 2010, 23:04
Due to a few drop outs in the recent weeks because of a busy schedule, I'm actively recruiting again.

Storm
October 10th, 2010, 19:10
Thanks Mask for a great gaming opportunity this past Saturday. Although I would like to game this Saturday. I have been invited to a wedding and will not be able to game in the morning. I hope you can understand. But atleast I got an advancement. Hmmm what to pick....

CAPryde
October 14th, 2010, 20:26
Will you be playing this weekend, Mask?

Mask_of_winter
October 14th, 2010, 21:46
Only if we got enough players. But I'm available to run it.