PDA

View Full Version : Earthdawn

Dershem
August 14th, 2010, 21:53
Would their be any interest in a Bi-Weekly Earthdawn game? Would be using the Current Edition Rules. Wouldn't be starting for about 3 weeks to give me time to prep.

Thanks and let me know!

Belizan
August 14th, 2010, 21:59
Bi-weekly as in every other week? Earthdawn is lots of fun, but I'm not hugely familiar with the new rules. I heard they gutted Windlings and Humans.

Dershem
August 30th, 2010, 03:40
Not Really Gutted, they reduced the Karma dies across the board to d6's and varied it to that the amount of Karma you get per race. I.E. Windling get 6 karma per rank of Karma ritual.

Belizan
August 30th, 2010, 04:16
So they reduced their karma die by 2 steps and doubled its cost. That sounds like a nerf to me.

Dershem
August 30th, 2010, 04:34
Sorry I was on Vacation for 2 weeks I was hoping to see some more responses. Ahh well.

I can run the current edition or the Redbrick Earthdawn Classic edition.

Here is the plan/Setting to see if anyone is interested. The game while set in the Earthdawn world will take place very little in the main are detailed in the book. It will start in a small costal city, further south then the main setting.

My plan is to run a game with the following themes, Airships/ Pirates / Dinosaurs / Exploration of lost kingdoms. These are not the only ones, but I think the big go getters.

My Schedule would allow the following two options. Every other Wednesday or Friday.

Times would be
6:30-10:30 CST on Wed
7-11 CST on Friday

I'm looking for 3 players.

I can also provide all the information a player would need for the system/Character Creation and Advancement.

Dershem
August 30th, 2010, 04:41
So they reduced their karma die by 2 steps and doubled its cost. That sounds like a nerf to me.

Meh I won't argue semantics on it, but they changed a lot of things, so was it a nerf I suppose, but a huge one I don't feel so as a player. I think it brought things more in line. with the huge advantages Flight Gives.

kirbol
August 30th, 2010, 04:49
I would love to play, though for me, the 7-11 on Friday would be when I am available. Have to see what other's schedules are like:)

-kirbol

Dershem
August 30th, 2010, 17:57
Friday is my ultimate prefrence as well.

Dershem
September 1st, 2010, 20:51
Well Kirbol, if you join that gives us 2 players, I have another lined up in the wings. I'd like to see four before starting. As I'm sure you probably know Earthdawn can be somewhat deadly.

Dershem
September 3rd, 2010, 14:12
Just looking for 1 more!

thoringard
September 3rd, 2010, 14:48
i havent played earthdawn in FOREVER (15 years) - but i may be interested. I would have a ton of work to do in order to understand the ruleset. would you be willing to aid a newb?

Dershem
September 3rd, 2010, 15:28
I gots no problem teaching!

Dershem
September 3rd, 2010, 15:34
https://arkanabar.tripod.com/pickdisc.html

To start off here is a great listing of the Races/Disciplines

Sarcasm1333
September 3rd, 2010, 16:36
I would be interested but have not played Earthdawn in a very very long time. I could pick up the core books and give them a read through again though.

thoringard
September 3rd, 2010, 16:53
quick question... you said a bi-weekly game with game times of:
Times would be
6:30-10:30 CST on Wed
7-11 CST on Friday

so you will be playing twice per week?

I want to clarify, because if that is the case, I cannot make that commitment. once a week on Wed or Fri would be great. Let me know. Thanks!

Dershem
September 3rd, 2010, 17:20
Those were the two days I was available to do it. It will be Every other Friday as that works better for the three other players I have confirmed.

Dershem
September 6th, 2010, 21:28
Bump looking for one more!

Dershem
September 9th, 2010, 04:17
I have 3 solid confirmations would like to find one more!
Time Every Other Friday Starting 9/17 7:30 PM CST-11:30 PM CST.

For more information on earthdawn. https://www.redbrick-limited.com/cms/index.php?categoryid=49&p2_articleid=134

Dershem
September 14th, 2010, 04:19
Bump, could still use one more, starting this friday!

Lee
September 14th, 2010, 06:38
Hi Talysian,

I've never played Earthdawn before, but if you don't mind a first-timer I'll join up.

Edit: Doing some research, are you running classic or the new version?

Dershem
September 14th, 2010, 13:22
Lee,

I'm running Redbricks Classic Edition, as the Rule set for FG was built for the original FASA Earthdawn and that is the closest thing to it.

Dershem
September 14th, 2010, 23:33
Not sure if I sent you a pm or not (brains kinda addled today with a cold) but pm me your email if your interested so I can send over background stuff.

Dershem
October 1st, 2010, 13:32
O.k. I had a player flake out on me looking for one more!

joshuha
October 2nd, 2010, 16:05
I am possibly interested.

Dershem
October 2nd, 2010, 23:52
If you are Josh Feel free to email/pm me. We had our first official session this week and it went very well I think! The players that I lucked into seem to be very Rp oriented which was great!
Our Current Party Consists of
T'skrang Swordmistress (Scarlet)
Human Wizard (Kirbol)
Windling Illusionist (Wen)
(Fourth Player Undetermined Possibly Obsidianman Weaponsmith.

TheOneBigOne
October 4th, 2010, 00:23
Any chance I could sit in on a session to see how you run the game? I always like to improve my own GM style and I find the best way to do that is to see how others do things.

Dershem
October 6th, 2010, 02:48
I'll ask the group if they don't mind a lurker.

joshuha
October 7th, 2010, 00:22
Yeah I am not going to be able to make it but glad to see an Earthdawn campaign going.