PDA

View Full Version : AD&D 2nd Edition?

silvereagle72
August 13th, 2010, 18:31
I realize this dates me, but I'm a die-hard player of the AD&D 2nd Edition (with Combat & Tactics) player. Is there support for this software for this old version of AD&D?

Stitched
August 13th, 2010, 18:41
You betcha!

https://boxofgeeks.net/~wikirpg/FG2Rulesets/ADnD.zip

silvereagle72
August 13th, 2010, 19:02
I've been contemplating this software, not so much for online play as to make the process easier in f2f. (With the help of a projector) :)

Stitched
August 13th, 2010, 21:48
It will be still a manual process. You would be better off getting a Full license if you are only using it as a Face to Face game table for tracking stats, initiative, character information, NPC information, etc.

silvereagle72
August 13th, 2010, 22:05
switched to new thread...

silvereagle72
August 18th, 2010, 23:34
I downloaded it as you said stitched... at https://boxofgeeks.net/~wikirpg/FG2Rulesets/ADnD.zip

It seems like there is a lot missing and non-functional, is there a newer version or something?

silvereagle72
August 18th, 2010, 23:38
Guess I should have been more specific...

Missing/Non-Functional Items...
No Non-Weapon Proficencies
No ability to add in spells
No ability to add in character images
Attempting to roll dice from weapon desc results in script error.
Attempting to mark a character in combat tracker as their turn results in script error.
Weapons for characters now showing up in combat tracker.

and this is just what I noticed in the first 30 seconds. :(

silvereagle72
August 19th, 2010, 00:00
As I keep trying Im hitting more problems... Please tell me there is another version somewhere!?

Character Sheet:
Unable to enter description for blank (5th Line) of Armor Class Information
Unable to enter Misc THACO modifier for either Melee or Ranged
Unable to enter Non-Profiency Penalty
Unable to enter New Proficency every: X

Combat Tracker:
Switching active characters in any way causes Script error
Next round Button in Combat causes script error and doesnt increment round doesnt show speed, weapons, armor class for characters

Stitched
August 19th, 2010, 10:11
First off, I should add that when you unzip the file, make the ruleset files are under only one folder and not buried two folders deep (like this file has: to be on the safe side, it should just be

ADD/(all the ruleset files)

AD&D/ADD/((all the ruleset files)

Second, I am running the latest version of Fantasy Grounds 2 (2.7.1 Test Release) but maybe it will work with 2.6.5 without issues (I didn't test because 2.7.1 seems stable for everything else).

I'm not getting the script errors but I can try to answer your questions with what little experience I have with the rule-set.

Things like Modifiers usually require you to use a combination of the CTRL key and the middle mouse wheel to change the number (+/-).

You should fill out the entire front page with all your stats, class, name, etc.

In order to add spells, you need to define your class as one of the magic using classes (wizard, sorcerer, cleric) and a spell book icon should appear. On the spells page, make sure the tick-box at the bottom named "Preparation Mode" is active. If it is, you should see # Spells/Level at the top of the sheet, where you can manually enter how many spells you have. When you add #'s of spells, a listing by level should appear (Level 0, Level 1). Right clicking on that text should allow you to add spells.

Speed/Weapons/AC on the Combat tracker are made visible by clicking on the sword/shield icons (right hand side).

A lot of these, of course, would be alleviated with documentation for the ruleset

As I keep trying Im hitting more problems... Please tell me there is another version somewhere!?

Character Sheet:
Unable to enter description for blank (5th Line) of Armor Class Information
Unable to enter Misc THACO modifier for either Melee or Ranged
Unable to enter Non-Profiency Penalty
Unable to enter New Proficency every: X

Combat Tracker:
Switching active characters in any way causes Script error
Next round Button in Combat causes script error and doesnt increment round doesnt show speed, weapons, armor class for characters

silvereagle72
August 19th, 2010, 17:40
Been in contact with Unerwünscht (You Are AWESOME!!) and he's working on getting the ruleset working with 2.7.

To all the XML programmers that take the time to write and modify these for old school players like me... a big THANK YOU!

morbop
August 21st, 2010, 13:47
I'm also 2nd Edition player, and this module is the just what I need.

Thank you!

silvereagle72
August 22nd, 2010, 17:59
Nice to know Im not the only one who still likes the old school :)

silvereagle72
August 29th, 2010, 19:00
Anyone else have 2E ruleset(s) that they would be willing to share?

Bakshara
August 31st, 2010, 21:58
Character Sheet:
When you enter Armour information it will automatically calculate your Armour Class, including an adjustment for your DEX.

THACO gets automatically adjusted based on best class and/or level. THACO also automatically adjusts when you level.

Saving Throws get automatically calculated based on level and race. The best for each Saving Throw is taken. Saving Throws also automatically adjust when you level.

I have areas to enter Weapon Prophecies, Non-Weapon Prophecies, and Languages. To the right of that you can enter the associated Attribute and number of slots.

Encumbrance, and movement rate, is automatically calculated based on your loot and STR.

I can fill you in on any more that you may like to know.

silvereagle72
September 1st, 2010, 01:48
Any chance I can con you out of a copy?

Bakshara
September 1st, 2010, 21:00
Any chance I can con you out of a copy?

Sure! We can do that two different ways:
1) You can connect to me some evening, or a Saturday, and it will automatically download it to you
2) You can PM me your email address and I can send a compressed copy to you.
I would have to warn that it is not small. FG’s core file is 160KB. Mine in 1.6Meg. I had to do a whole lot of XML coding to get it to do all that stuff. That’s just the core file, not the entire customized ruleset.

Blue Haven
September 1st, 2010, 21:49
I guess we were talking about FG2 and not FG1...but ok...oh Silvereagle be careful when you connect to this guy...he might try to accuse you of terrorism and other nasty stuffs...he has a problem with everyone that don´t believe in his church or something like that...
Peace out ;)

Larhalt
September 15th, 2010, 14:25
Hi all,
i got two problems with this ruleset:

1) With the combat tracker

2) With the damage dice of the weapon.

Could someone help me? :(

Blue Haven
September 15th, 2010, 17:49
That ruleset is still WIP...and there are some things that don´t work well :( guess you have to wait like everybody else...