PDA

View Full Version : New FG2 User, and available player.

Nim
August 13th, 2010, 07:10
First, a little about me.

I'm addicted to the game DDO:U(Dungeons and Dragons Online: Unlimited) and am a long time fan of the D&D 3.5 Rule Set. I have little experiance playing tabletop D&D, and am a really shy Roleplayer. I'm a huge fan of the Forgotten Realms setting, but I also like the Ebberon setting. I am also a huge fan of house rules, and being able to use any/all resources available.

I have any/all D&D 3.5 books in PDF form and am currently using FG2 Ver. 2.6.3.

Currently unemployed, moving, and soon to be in the navy.....I'm pretty much available at any time durring any day of the week. I am an compulsive gamer and have odd sleeping hours, so joining any game in any time zone, and playing for hours on end shouldn't be a problem for me.

As far as my gaming choices.

I favor the rogue and wizard classes, but am willing to play other classes. My favorite race is Kobold, but if the DM is not willing to let me play as a kobold I'll happily play as another race(but not confident I'll be able to roleplay the character well).

I'm available as either a player of as a DM's Helper. I don't have enough time to create/run my own campain. I am more interested in a campain that goes from lvl1-20 rather than multiple campains that start/stop quickly.

Let me know what you think and if there's any available games out there for me to join.

~Nim

Nim
August 15th, 2010, 00:43
Darn....I gues either there aren't too many prople using this forum that play 3.5 or there aren't that many 3.5 games currently running.

Oh Well.....

cpbs
August 16th, 2010, 00:01
Don't give up so soon. Most games are full or are in the middle of a campaign and which it is hard to enter with a person in the middle of it. Look around on the forums for games that are opening. As well, if you are interested in other games besides 3.5, it might be easier to get into other games. But welcome to the forums and the game and good luck :D.

Nim
August 16th, 2010, 07:47
Well....I'm not giving up quite yet, but I thought that this program had a much bigger following than it does.

Yeah I can understand jumping into a campain in the middle is rough, and I don't exspect to.

I have applied to a few games through the callendar which doesn't seem to be getting updated all that much. But I'm hopefull, to be accepted into at least one of the 5 or so that I applied to.

Unfortunatly, I don't have much experiance with any other pnp rpg's...and don't really have an intrest in learning them. I love the D&D 3.5 Rule Set and don't really want to go away from it. I'm also currently addected to DDO which is an MMO based off of D&D 3.5, and loving it. So with that I don't have much time to do other things(and I'd really like to get into a 3.5 game).

Last of all Thank You. I hope to enjoy FG2 and get into a group one of these days.....

~Nim

cpbs
August 16th, 2010, 08:43
I've been using the FGII for about 2 1/2 years and I've seen ups and downs in the amount of 3.5 games that are out there. Right now I am running one but the amount of people that play are at the max that I can handle in a game before it gets too bogged down. FGII isn't a DDO type of software where the encounters and the entertainment is right in front of you, well for the DM at least. They have to create most of the work from scratch and then give their own personal time not just to preparing the game but then to run it.

Because its an online version of pnp it is easier for the DM or player to just "disappear", for real life problems or just a break from doing all the DM work. Leaving the game in jeopardy in what is going to happen. This is a problem but I think it also gives opportunities for other people to step up and try to DMing.

Just a seasons change and are predictable, during the summer, from what I have noticed people are more out of the house and having time with the family and friends. I think in the fall and winter, you will see more games in general and people playing 3.5 then you see now.

If there is an opening in my game, I'll keep you in mind and send you a PM :). Again welcome to the forums and FGII, I know you will find a game to play in sooner or later.

cpbs

Nim
August 16th, 2010, 18:54
Thank you again.

I've tried to convert a few Pre-Constructed encounters to FGII. Although I've never personally DM'd an actual PnP game, I can deffinatly understand that it takes a little more time to setup a game with FGII while making it a little easier.

With that said, I would love to be a player but, I also wouldn't mind Helping a DM as a sort of "DM's Apprentice" if you will. Playing the role of monsters or something to that fashion.

Idealy I'd like to create my own "Homebrew" game and DM it, but I don't have the time to devote to that kind of project.

~Nim

Sid1120
August 21st, 2010, 03:15
I'd be interested in getting a game up if I have some players. Gathering people is the really hard part =|