PDA

View Full Version : Would love to Join a Pathfinder Game

Halma
August 12th, 2010, 00:55
Time zone: Central -6 (Chicago)

Play any day of the week except Sundays:

I have been playing RPG's since I was a wee little lad.. around 8 (and I am 39 now). I am currently in two 4e games one F2F and one on Maptools. I liked what FG2 had to offer so I purchased it but can't convince my Maptool friends to get it as well. I am now really starting to get nostalgic for 3.5 D&D and decided to get Pathfinder to look over and see the changes to the system. Boy am I happy with the changes they made.

I would really love a chance to give FG2 a real try and to join a PF campaign either midway or starting at 1st lvl (with a preference to starting at 1st). I think that most of the core mechanics of FG2 can be learned on the fly. I have looked over many of the boards and video tutorials for this so I should have a good grasp on FG2.

I enjoy playing any class really except Clerics, Bards or Paladins, not a big fan of Divinity or singing.

Please let me know if there are any openings that I could join.

Thanks guys,

Halma

Kilgrave
August 13th, 2010, 21:49
If you happen to find a PF game, please let me know as well. I have just purchased the PF core book and I am looking forward to giving it a try.

Halma
August 13th, 2010, 21:59
I hope I can get a game. I am really excited to give it a try. The book is on its way but in the mean time I am using the OGC (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/) website for all the PF goodness it has to offer.

I truely am excited about the Ranger, Druid or the Wizard class to play.

I know i know my tastes are varied, call me silly.

Anyway wish us luck in finding a FG2 game for pathfinder.

Nydhog
August 15th, 2010, 16:55
If you guys can find one more person and let me know what times work best for you, I could quite possibly run one.

Halma
August 15th, 2010, 19:57
I may have one or two more that would be interested in playing. How would you feel in helping a friends Wife learn how to play? Or would you rather have more experienced players?

Everyday but Sunday is good for me..To pin it down I would say Thursday evenings around 6:30 to around 10:00 Central time.

In order of preferance:
Thursday
Saturday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday

What type of Adventure would we be playing in, Homebrew, Forgotten Realms, Dark Sun, Ravenloft? Or pathfinder series?

Nydhog
August 16th, 2010, 03:38
I wouldn't mind. I'd prefer someone teach her the basics first, but I have NO issues helping someone learn. I was in that spot once back in the day where I needed to be shown the ropes. And so I taught multiple people. They taught people. And I taught my fiancé. And eventually, I'll teach my kids and their's theirs lol.

The BEST days for me: Any. However, Wednesday - Thursday I couldn't start till around 9:15pm or so. Friday and Saturday, not till 1015 or so. Mondays I could do it anytime. Tuesdays I'm busy.

Halma
August 16th, 2010, 22:04
Monday's sound really good right now.

I will have to check with my friends and see if they are truly interested.

After I find out if Monday's are good for them, what should be next .. Pick a time to meet (online of course), and discuss character creation?

I have a character in mind already but I want to make sure that the others aren't stuck playing something that is too complicated or undesirable.

Will we be playing in your own Homebrew campaign? Or some established one.. should I get a campaign book to familiarize myself with the campaign we will be playing in? I haven't received my PF core book yet but I should be getting this by tomorrow (Coming from Amazon).

I did buy the Hero Labs character creater so this helps a ton with character Ideas.

Could we also have a couple of sessions as learning lessons for my friends Wife? Just one probably will suffice, she is rather smart being a forensic scientist and all. This could be combat oriented and then we can teach her how to just have fun with the game.

Can I PM you my email and other information?

Thanks NydHog,

Halma

Kilgrave
August 19th, 2010, 19:33
Let me know (PM) what times you are playing on Mondays. I would love to jump into an active game.

Broven
August 25th, 2010, 20:29
I'd be interested in joining as well, if you all can use another player. It would depend on what time you were interested in playing. I'm EST (GMT-5). I haven't played a whole lot, but I used to play a lot back in the AD&D days. I do have the PF books though and would love to play some more.

Cheatle
August 26th, 2010, 02:50
Hello all.

I am actually running two Pathfinder games at the moment. I am -5 EST, and my two games are Sunday from 5pm-12am and Tuesday from 7:30/8pm-12am.

I have two openings in the Sunday game, and I have one opening in the Tuesday game. We play Kingmaker adventure path on Sundays and Council of Thieves on Tuesdays.

We used Skype for chat.

If any of you are interested let me know.

Halma
August 26th, 2010, 17:52
Hello all.

I am actually running two Pathfinder games at the moment. I am -5 EST, and my two games are Sunday from 5pm-12am and Tuesday from 7:30/8pm-12am.

I have two openings in the Sunday game, and I have one opening in the Tuesday game. We play Kingmaker adventure path on Sundays and Council of Thieves on Tuesdays.

We used Skype for chat.

If any of you are interested let me know.

I would like to join your Tuesday Game. When do you want to meet prior to the game so I can make up my character?

I have PM'd you with my Email and other questions.

Thanks a lot for having two games.. with 3 openings.

Halma

Green Spectre
September 25th, 2010, 16:58
I am going to buy Pathfinder to try it out and am interested in joining a group. I haven't bought fantasy grounds yet, but will do so if I can find a group to play online with.

Kilgrave
October 5th, 2010, 21:17
Is there still room for players on the Tue game?

Vishera
December 23rd, 2010, 10:16
I too am looking for a pathfinder game to join. I am new to PF so id be learning as I go. My availability is fri nights, sat nights and most afternoons (to about 9pm mtn)

PM me if you have something that I can slot into!