PDA

View Full Version : Tried everything

Nydhog
August 8th, 2010, 07:59
I have tried literally everything sans-buying a new router and i STILL cannot host a game. I am using a Belkin which apparently is notorious for the port 80 issues. Should I just go buy a new router?

xaotik1
August 8th, 2010, 08:25
It's all about the port forwarding. . .that's the only issue I have. If you have a wireless set up, it can change the host address if you switch locations. . .IE leave and come back into wireless range. Just cycle through x.x.x.1, x.x.x.2, x.x.x.3, etc until you find the proper private ip address under the private server section in your router settings. That's the biggest hassle I have had with it. Every time I took my laptop out of range and returned, it was reassigned to a different slot. . .had to reset it every time to get it to work consistently.

Nydhog
August 8th, 2010, 08:26
So just to clarify: change the LAST digit of the IP till it works under the PRIVATE SERVER setting?

Nydhog
August 8th, 2010, 08:47
Inbound and outbound ports should be 1802 correct?

Oberoten
August 8th, 2010, 10:07
1802 is correct.

** Editing to add a mnemonic **
Same as the year West Point Academy in USA was founded.

- Obe

Spyke
August 8th, 2010, 10:17
So just to clarify: change the LAST digit of the IP till it works under the PRIVATE SERVER setting?

Well that's one way to do it... ;)

Another is to start Fantasy Grounds, click Load Campaign and look at the internal IP address shown in the top right corner. That's the one you want to put in your router settings for port forwarding.

The way round having to change it every time your router hands out a new address is to set a "static ip address" on the PC you use to host Fantasy Grounds on. Search Google or this site for help on this.

Spyke