PDA

View Full Version : Target effect question

kalannar
August 4th, 2010, 04:20
I have a ranger beast master that can quarry a target, giving the target -2 to attack and -2 damage to both the ranger and beast. I first tried setting up the power with TRGT; DEF: 2; DMG: -2. I then have the ranger target the monster and hold shift to drag the power to him and the beast. The problem is it only allows the one on him, claiming there is a duplicate power on the beast already, but it works correctly.

So then I try to do TRGT: DEF: 2; RESIST: 2 and have the ranger target him and the beast, then hold shift and drag it on the creature. The DEF:2 works correctly but the resist does not. Anyone have any ideas how to replicate the power? Thank you.

Function
August 17th, 2010, 19:50
I am having the same issue. Hopefully someone can reply with a good solution.

/function

Moon Wizard
August 17th, 2010, 22:56
The third party targeting feature will only support creating an effect on a single creature, where the effect itself can have one or more targets.

Currently, the TRGT tag is simply an informational placeholder to remind people that the effect is limited to a specific target.

I'll think about this, and post how I would do it.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
August 18th, 2010, 02:48
You were doing everything correctly.

You can place the effects on the enemy using the same method you were doing before, just create 2 effects. (i.e. "Ranger; ATK: -2; DMG: -2" and "Beast; ATK: -2; DMG: -2) Then, apply appropriately. The duplicate effect check is very useful for almost all situations, but this is how to work around it.

For the other way around, it's not quite the same, since DMG: -2 is different than RESIST: 2. However, I would also look at it that way since it would work in most cases, and it was a good idea. However, you uncovered a bug in the RESIST effect handling where targeted resistance is not being triggered. I'll put it on the list to be addressed with the next patch.

Cheers,
JPG

jbear
August 20th, 2010, 09:42
That is interesting, because I was going to ask about a runepriest power with targeted resistence.

There is a runepriest encounter power (Anvil of Wrath???Lvl 1) that gives you resist 5 dmg til the EonT against the target. However, it is giving me resist 5 damage against everyone. Is that the same bug?

Function
August 20th, 2010, 18:16
As I understand it you would:

* Create an effect labeled "Charactername; DMG: -5" with expiration of Enc
* Make sure the creature is targeted
* Hold SHIFT key
* Drag the effect onto yourself

OR

* Create an effect labeled "Charactername; RESIST: 5" with expiration of Enc
* Make sure you are targeted (or hold ALT key for self-targeting override)
* Hold SHIFT key
* Drag effect onto the enemy

/function

Moon Wizard
August 20th, 2010, 22:29
Jbear,

You would need to "target" the effect, since it only applies against a specific creature. Function provided the examples of how you would do that.

Currently, the RESIST effect type is only working when untargeted. If the effect is targeted, then the RESIST component will be ignored. I will be looking at this as part of the upcoming 2.7.x updates.

Cheers,
JPG