PDA

View Full Version : Test Mode Tool

Czarisyn
July 28th, 2010, 22:50
I was trying to load the beta version of 2.7 on my wife's computer and the test mode app wouldn't let me select "Test", it kept going back to release.

She has a unregistered version installed, my plans were to have her connect to my computer which has an Unlimited License.

ddavison
July 29th, 2010, 03:04
Ahhh... yeah, that won't work with the current setup. It does a validation of your license key to determine if you can do the test or developer releases.

Czarisyn
July 29th, 2010, 03:23
okay, something to add to the wishlist. Those with ultimate can act as a client update server, that way we can test the beta's too =)

Zeus
July 29th, 2010, 10:25
Test or developer?

Do you mean Release or Test or is there also a Developer mode ? If so how do I access developer mode? :)

Czarisyn
July 29th, 2010, 10:49
Test or developer?

Do you mean Release or Test or is there also a Developer mode ? If so how do I access developer mode? :)

Test mode. I've not heard of a Developer mode for FG2

Moon Wizard
July 29th, 2010, 10:56
Developer mode is just another testing stage for internal testing, prior to pushing to Test mode.

Cheers,
JPG

Zeus
July 29th, 2010, 11:08
Developer mode is just another testing stage for internal testing, prior to pushing to Test mode.

Cheers,
JPG

OK. Thought for a minute I was using an older Test tool and therefore wasn't able to access Developer mode or something similar.

I now understand its wrapped into the Test releases. Thanks for the clarification.

Jundle
September 28th, 2010, 19:32
does anyone know if allowing the unregistered versions to update to the latest test version is on the road map?

EugeneZ
September 29th, 2010, 18:25
I hope it is. I feel a bit duped owning an Ultimate license. I'm often using the beta rulesets and when a rare opportunity arises to actually use the Ultimate license functionality (someone wants to watch a game, etc), it backfires on me. Sure, I can go back to the non-beta ruleset... but the fact remains that I can't take advantage of the license in the way I want.

Jundle
September 29th, 2010, 19:03
Ditto. I wanted to play with my friends with the newer 2.7.x and now it seems the only way to do that is by buying the full/lite set, and I don't want to spend the extra money, and also I don't want to deal with asking for a refund. Just a little disheartening =(. I do like the product though, and hope that unregistered clients can be allowed to update to the newer test version soon.

Moon Wizard
October 4th, 2010, 17:13
Hopefully, the v2.7 request will be a moot issue, once the release is finalized. Normally, the current release will be available to all users. The only reason that v2.7 is not generally available is that there have been issues identified, and are being worked through.

Cheers,
JPG