PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play twilight 2000?

Garignak
July 27th, 2010, 00:58
Played this game once a long time ago and thought it was alot of fun. I dont know if people still play it and if there is a FG mod for it, but I'd love to play if anyone is running a game.

GunnarGreybeard
July 27th, 2010, 08:27
Nope, no ruleset for it at the moment. Would be nice, but not sure there is enough overall interest and ruleset creation is current beyond my abilities. A few of us would like to see a ruleset for HarnMaster as well.

Wargamer777
July 27th, 2010, 15:07
I would love to play twilight 2000 as well. I've got almost all the books.

Garignak
July 27th, 2010, 18:56
yeah cant find a game anywhere!

Pusher
July 27th, 2010, 20:57
I'd love me some Twilight, as well. We don't need a ruleset to play the game. We have dice to roll. The rest is just window dressing.

I could run the game but first we'd have to figure out if its the rules you like or the setting. I've run the game many times with other rule systems and it worked just fine.

The newest version, Twilight:2013, brings things up to date but it can be a bit crunchy. Especially to play online. Version 2.2 is the one I have most experience with.

I'm in GMT -7

Thoughts?

Pusher

GunnarGreybeard
July 27th, 2010, 22:21
I think Version 2.0 is the stuff I have, I would have to dig it out to make sure though. It's been a long time, would probably almost be like starting over with that system for me.

Wargamer777
July 28th, 2010, 00:22
For me, it would have to be Version 2.2 of the rules.

Would you be considering to run the published mods?

Pusher
July 28th, 2010, 18:52
Mods? Adventure modules you mean? I guess that would depend on the type of game we want to play. Set in Europe, the classic 'Escape From Kalisz', for example? Or something else.

Garignak
July 29th, 2010, 15:02
I managed to find some of the rulebooks. version 2.2 i think. Im all for playing though I would need coaching.

Garignak
August 3rd, 2010, 04:02
Anyone up for trying to run a game?

Wargamer777
August 3rd, 2010, 05:38
If Pusher wants to run a game, i'm interested. I've got all the official modules in paperback and pdf formats. Would love to run through some of them.

Garignak
August 3rd, 2010, 05:55
Its all up to pusher then! I'm all down for it if Pusher is!

Pusher
August 4th, 2010, 01:07
Hey guys,

I'm glad to see that there's still some interest in T2K out there but I won't be running it, I'm afraid. In a choice between Twilight and Shadowrun, I had to go with the latter. Sorry to get your hopes up.

So, if any of you are interested in a game of Shadowrun then by all means let's get it going.

Garignak
August 5th, 2010, 00:44
Hey its all good pusher...One day I'll finally get to play it. What is Shadowrun?

Lord Sandwich
August 8th, 2010, 09:12
Im soooo in if you will host shadowrun. I love this setting and have been waiting for a chance to run again. Ill also go with Twilight if that gets thrown up instead though.

Belizan
August 11th, 2010, 01:49
Not to all hijack your thread or anything, but did someone say they were going to run a shadowrun game?

VonKyrin
August 19th, 2010, 15:08
I've been interested in playing in a TW2000 campaign for a long time. I can't hardly find anyone willing to play. So, yes, I would be interested.

I might even be willing to run a game, although I haven't bought Fantasy Grounds yet and would probably want to get a chance to use it as a player a couple of times before trying to run a game with it.

If I were to run a game it would probably be the original TW2000, since I own most of the modules (I've been wanting to use them and have never had a chance.) I've also given some thought to running a game in the new TW2013 along the lines of the TV series Jericho. I didn't like the TW2000 2.0 rules much, and would not use them if I were running the game but might be a player using that ruleset.

One of the things I liked about TW2000 was that it was largely a game of resource management; you constantly have to make the decision of whether to carry food and water or bullets because you never know which is going to be more important to keeping you alive.

Anyway, I'm definitely interested in playing Twilight 2000 or 2013 and might consider running a game in the not too distant future.

Garignak
August 19th, 2010, 19:01
If more people are interested maybe we can get a game going.

Wargamer777
August 22nd, 2010, 05:04
I'm still interested myself. Like I said, I've got pretty much all the modules and releases for TW2000. I just don't know if I could GM it and give it justice.

I could try, but currently I'm playing in a 4e game on Sundays and now running a Mutant Future (Retroclone of GammaWorld) on Tuesdays/Wednesdays.

Nydhog
August 25th, 2010, 01:51
Nope, no ruleset for it at the moment. Would be nice, but not sure there is enough overall interest and ruleset creation is current beyond my abilities. A few of us would like to see a ruleset for HarnMaster as well.

I'll second the Nomination for harnamster! lol

Oberoten
August 25th, 2010, 10:36
Twillight 2000.... Proof that not everything with Twillight in the title has to suck. ;)

VonKyrin
August 25th, 2010, 14:04
Oberoten: :-)

Wargammer777: My preference for a game, at this point would be on week nights, but I know everyone is spread out so far it's hard to coordinate the time zones on week nights. I can be patient for someone who is new to running the game. Heck, I haven't played or run TW2000 in years myself. I'm still considering setting up a game and running it, but that would probably be at least a few months from now before I could get prepared and get higher priority things out of the way.

Garignak
September 1st, 2010, 08:32
Take all the time you need. I would just love to play.

orien45
May 30th, 2011, 15:03
The odd thing is, the Twilight publisher (93 games) was talking in their forums that they were going to release it for FG and another VTT system (I don't remember which), but I have not seen anything happen on that. Does anyone know if they had an issue getting permission from FG or something like that? 93 Games seemed to be all for it (which is unlike alot of publishers, imo).

Donegal
June 1st, 2011, 15:32
I am interested in playing a Twilight2000 game. I have/had one of the original rulebooks (might have been a second edition? Yellow book, 3 guys on the cover, Soldier is named Harris and has 'Boom-Boom' written on his helmet).

Anyway, I'm in GMT -5 and available most weeknights except Tuesday. Could also do weekend nights after kids in bed sporadically but less likely with summer getting into full swing.

GunnarGreybeard
June 6th, 2011, 13:29
The odd thing is, the Twilight publisher (93 games) was talking in their forums that they were going to release it for FG and another VTT system (I don't remember which), but I have not seen anything happen on that. Does anyone know if they had an issue getting permission from FG or something like that? 93 Games seemed to be all for it (which is unlike alot of publishers, imo).I believe 93gamesstudio.com is now defunct for all intents and purposes. I saw talk of the forums being abandoned a while back. No real details just talk of everything going bye-bye just after the 1st of this year. The forums are still up but all other content is not.

Garignak
August 14th, 2011, 23:30
I wonder if someone is still working on a ruleset for FG. I hope so.

wbcreighton
August 15th, 2011, 07:39
IMHO they would be better off to work on converting the setting to an established ruleset such as SW, or BRP. The rule mechanics are already done if you use an established ruleset and there is already an established player base. :)

DrDeathly
August 21st, 2011, 08:33
I played the heck out of Twilight 2000 back in the late 80's. LOVED that game! I had a huge army of miniature tanks and whatnot. Post-apocalyptic genres are the best! Gamma World anyone!?

wbcreighton
August 21st, 2011, 16:04
Calls for Post Apoc ( Gamma World etc) usually gets a very enthusiastic response from people who want to play. Then you have to find a GM :(

Garignak
November 7th, 2011, 12:24
Keep the interest alive!