PDA

View Full Version : 4E Ruleset 2.6.5 Bug

Griogre
July 25th, 2010, 22:44
I noticed today that third party targeting didn't not actually give the bonus to hit even though it did get the effect in the chat text. Despite the effect text the attack mod did not really improve.

Here's the specific example - maybe someone can also try and see if they get the same problem: Using Furious Smash (Warlord At-Will) and third party targeting, a 16 charisma warlord gives a +3 to hit and damage only against that one enemy (TRGT;ATK: [+CHA]; DMG: [+CHA] power).

The to hit roll roll says there is a +3 effect but the actual roll does not have a +3 bonus to hit just has the normal to hit bonus. The damage bonus does work as you would expect also displaying the +3 effect.

I split the power effects up into two effects each into one effect thinking that could be the problem but while the attack effect +3 did display it still did not actually increase the paladins to hit by three vs. the monster only the damage roll.

Can anyone recreate this?

Moon Wizard
July 26th, 2010, 20:41
Because the effect is targeted, the modification to the roll result is not applied until after the roll is complete and the result is applied to the target. This means that you will not see the bonus added to the attack roll total, but you will see the modifier show up in the attack result line and will affect the hit/miss determination.

The challenge is that for some rolls, the roll is applied to all targets; and for others, a separate roll is made for each target.

I'll add a request to the wish list to potentially better handle targeted effects, if possible to determine at roll time.

Let me know if this is not what you are seeing.

Cheers,
JPG

Griogre
July 27th, 2010, 05:33
The problem was on the attack roll so shouldn't there be a different roll for each target for attack rolls? I can see the problem on the damage rolls, though - one roll with different mods.