PDA

View Full Version : Character Creation?

tdewitt274
July 24th, 2010, 21:58
I know that only certain systems allow for Character Creation.

So, I was just thinking, what would be the feasability of creating a "Character Creation PAK" that had basic information (stripped down) that allowed for a player to build the character offline and then connect to the GM.

This, of course, would not have any of the modules or stored information in the GM's campaign, but would cut down on the need to connect to a GM to create the character.

Thoughts?

Thanks

xaotik1
July 24th, 2010, 22:31
You can already do this by using the character manager. All you need to do is find out what ruleset the GM is using and load that set in the manager. Create your sheet, and when you next log in to his/her game it should be available as a local character upon entry.

tdewitt274
July 24th, 2010, 22:35
You can already do this by using the character manager. All you need to do is find out what ruleset the GM is using and load that set in the manager. Create your sheet, and when you next log in to his/her game it should be available as a local character upon entry.

Even with a Lite liscense?

xaotik1
July 25th, 2010, 04:04
Not sure there. I haven't had a Lite license in years.

Moon Wizard
July 26th, 2010, 20:17
A Lite license should still be able to use the Manage Characters option, if the ruleset supports it. An unregistered copy that is only used to connect to the Ultimate version will not be able to use that option.

What ruleset are you using where Lite does not allow you to create characters?

Regards,
JPG

tdewitt274
July 27th, 2010, 01:43
What ruleset are you using where Lite does not allow you to create characters?

Regards,
JPG
Not an issue with a ruleset, just wanting to know for developing my own. Even if not all the data can be done offline, then adding the additional information when connecting with the GM, that would be a step in the right direction.

Thanks