PDA

View Full Version : 3.5e homebrew

Sid1120
July 20th, 2010, 20:37
I'd be willing to create a homebrew 3.5e campaign if I have some serious players.

I am very busy so I wouldn't have time to prepare the adventures a lot at first (pointless to prepare if people start , but I am otherwise dedicated and would be ready for a weekly, week-end session.

I work in civil engineering and love it, so except a lot of steam-punk, sewers and puzzles. Magic would be kept to a minimum, where magic users are regarded in awe and taking the path of an arcane character might be quite a challenge.

I emphasize RP and puzzle solving over battles, as I find it unrealistic to defeat 1000x foes. On the other hand, making the most out of fights will be really important as I expect to prepare few, but challenging battles where characters should also try to tip the outcome of the battle in their favor in terms of politics.

I'll just retake the old campaign I tried to start ages ago, so if interesting try joining the Redemption of Doren campaign in the calendar.

Starting Character
Typical bio:
You live in a borderland town surrounded by mountains and forests. Having no common export, the hamlet lacks main roads, requiring any travelers to take hazardous mountain paths.

A common folk legend mentions how your parents (all of you) were slain in a fire started by the local monster Gherro. Although it hasn't been sighted since that fire, townspeople are still worry the boar-ogre might return to claim the children of it's initial victims when they reach adulthood, which is considered to be bestowed on your 23th birthday.

Collectively fearing this legend ever since you were born, you quickly bonded as a group in the small orphanage where you were raised. Perhaps in an attempt to prove yourselves, you joined the local militia along the famed Captain Black Sue and his son John Sue.

Since these past 2 years, John Sue has been fighting and arguing heavily with you, worried one of you might overtake the authority he felt his as the Captain's son. This division has since grown deeper since you suspect John Sue of witchcraft, which has been prohibited since Gherro's last visit.

- Human
- PHB/PHB2 classes. Any use of magic is prohibited by law. It's use will affect how citizens regard you as a group since you are part of the authority.
- Initial alignment: LG, NG, LN.
Various ways will enable you to switch classes and races on different occasions. Know I will throw these occasions in order to see how you interact to each other. It might also be used to divide your group.

One player may choose another race then human, but will have to supply a background as to how he came to this remote town only to serve in the militia. You have 3 different paths: merchant, exiled or refugee. You may also choose a different alignment.

PS: I prefer not to invest in details. They bore many and prevent you from imagining your own vision of it. Details will be constructed as the campaign goes so we all save time. You may consider these as guidelines.

Game calendar:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=445

Syneous
July 24th, 2010, 18:55
Sounds interesting.What day/time are you looking to run this?

Sid1120
July 24th, 2010, 23:36
Check out the game calendar.

I'd prefer on week-ends, between 11am and 11pm -5 GMT. Between, as in I don't expect the sessions to last throughout those 12hours.

Syneous
August 22nd, 2010, 17:29
Whatever happend to this?

Sid1120
August 22nd, 2010, 21:11
I thought I sent a message to the pending and accepted people in the Game Calendar and never got any news.

If interested, add me on MSN or send me an email:
[email protected]

I'd host a game on Saturdy or Sunday starting from noon in 2 weeks (I'm going up north next week-end).

Paris94
September 10th, 2010, 11:11
Hi i would like to play in your game!!!

Sid1120
September 10th, 2010, 21:56
Here is a bump

skybluerob
September 12th, 2010, 11:36
Hi

I'd like to play in this game. I live in the UK (GMT +0), so I could only play in a game that would last until 11pm GMT time (which would be an afternoon game in America if my calculations are correct, running until about 6pm)

I've played 3.5 before (in fact its the only rule system I've ever played), but I'm not mega-experienced. However, I'm a good roleplayer and will be commited to your campaign. I can make time for it any day of the week as I currently don't have any other regular commitments outside work.

Please let me know if you decide to run this campaign.

Thanks

Rob.

Jearld_Burns
September 13th, 2010, 23:26
I am a newbie who has never really played in a real campaign, but I am interested in playing. Just regard me as if I had no experience at all in these things.

I also have no experience with this kind of thing. So...yeah.

I'd prefer to play a gnome or half-orc, but I'll do whatever. I'm more submissive, so I'll take any role that the party leaves open lest I choose something gimmicky/quirky.

Killian
September 18th, 2010, 10:17
Hello everyone I would like to apply for your campaign have been following it for a little while now sounds like a great campaign to start from the ground up with some good roleplaying. I have struggled to find a game that can fit with my schedule but if I don't ask then I won't know :) And you have another UK player interested so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Most of my roleplaying has been with 3.5 and played both ends of high combat to high roleplaying, I don't believe the two are mutually exclusive but I would rather play a genuine character than a AC35 monster crusha. I enjoy playing humans although some of the races have fantastic opportunities, the prejudice against half-orcs for example. I havn't decided on a class yet but if there was a bit of information on the other characters and setting I could wirte up a bio. Last time I played my PC had a strong tie to another PC and it was great to play so if anyone is interested in having a brother/sister or is a nobleman with a bodyguard/vassal then I think it could be an awesome experience.

I am on GMT time and will PM my schedule but please note while there is some flexibility I have done my share of joining american games at midnight and believing I can regularly game till 5AM and be sleep deprived the next day, it's led to many problems I don't wish to repeat.

Look forward to a fun game and hope that there's room. :)