PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun

Stealthfox16
July 19th, 2010, 00:25
I'm interested in a Shadowrun game on either saturdays, sundays, or mondays. I cannot run, but I have 2 years experience with shadowrun. I'm in the -5 timezone.

orangedragon10
July 22nd, 2010, 05:04
I'm in -5 timezone as well and would be interested in participating as a player. I'm new to Shadowrun and tabletop RPGs, but I'm starting to study the core 20th anniversary and runner's companion books. I can play any day of the week except Saturdays and Mondays.

Belizan
July 22nd, 2010, 18:19
I would be interested in playing as well, depending on the times. My availability is similar to Orange's although I'd prefer not to play on Tuesday or Thursday as well (but I could), Saturdays and Mondays are no good for me.

KemeticCultus
September 11th, 2010, 15:48
I'm interested in being a game master for Shadowrun. I have plenty of experience as a game master but it is dated. The last time I was a GM was about a decade ago. I am just now reading the 4e rulebook. I sense that what is called for is a preliminary group to learn the 4e system. We can do this over a few phone calls where we make up situations on the fly and see if we can smoothly get through them. Once I have the system down, coming up with stories is no problem.

It will also be helpful to have members of the group contribute to maps, tokens (icons to place on maps such critters, NPCs, area affect spells, vehicles, obstacles, etc.), character portraits and other imagery that will breathe life into the game experience.

I'm willing to put my heart and soul into this. A TeamSpeak 3 server and website for our community is already on the list. I've also contacted the developer of the Shadowrun ruleset toward contributing to the creation of the version 2 ruleset (which looks absolutely awesome).

Understand that being a game master takes a lot of preparation and responsibility. If players can help lift some of the weight, we can speed up the process and start running the shadows.

If you're game to help get this off the ground, send me a PM or reply here.

Belizan
September 11th, 2010, 18:22
For best results in garnering players, I would cross post between here and Dumpshock (www.dumpshock.com) and possibly on the maptools forum (There's like.. 3? people looking for a shadowrun game there). https://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16016&sid=2bd5146246cc2ce89c006a4ef55a207d

There are other sites you could draw from as well.
Some folks like to use Obsidian Portal for gaming forum/wiki stuff. I'm not hugely familiar with it, myself, so I don't know the details.

zenile
September 11th, 2010, 20:49
If the game ever gets a little traction, I'd be up for playing as well. I've played ever edition, with the exception of 4th, though I do have the core rulebook. I'll offer my meager services for whatever that's worth.

madman
September 11th, 2010, 21:13
i would love to get in on this game if there is a chance.
new to shadowrun, but i learn quick.
wed thur fri sat nights work the best for me. I am mtn time and could play from 6:00 PM to 10-11:00.

Chris

ronnke
September 11th, 2010, 22:33
I would also be interested in this.

KemeticCultus
September 11th, 2010, 23:25
It looks like we have enough people interested to get some games going but we need to take advantage of what Fantasy Grounds affords us. That means imagery (maps, tokens, portraits, etc.). We should start building a database of images to be used for our campaigns. Whatever help that can be provided in this area will be greatly appreciated. I'll get to work on learning the 4th edition and crafting whatever house rules I feel are necessary for smooth gamely, as Shadowrun is notorious for an overly complicated system.

Also, it's worth mentioning that a graphic artist is needed for the completion of the Shadowrun 4e version 2 ruleset. If you have skills in graphic art, let me know.

madman
September 12th, 2010, 00:50
i have good photoshop skills and would be willing to pull art or maps, or whatever from the books i have or can get, let me know what kind of stuff you want and i'll get some together. Also i can make the file sizes smaller (making them quicker to share) that kind of stuff.

Feel free to pm me if you like or post here i will look for both.

Chris

Belizan
September 12th, 2010, 08:31
I think he was saying Fenloh needed the help of a graphic artist to finish the v2 of his Shadowrun ruleset. You might PM him here on these forums, madman and see if you can help him? I'm sure he'd appreciate it. In my experience, he's quite responsive.