PDA

View Full Version : 4E: Scales of War (FR); Sundays 7pm AEST

someoneinatree
July 18th, 2010, 14:55
UPDATE: We've got a vacancy in this campaign, details below... please post in this thread if interested or send me a PM.

Key information (updated 11 Nov):

Sundays at 8pm Australian EDT (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=14&month=11&year=2010&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=152) (click for World Clock); for 3 hours per week
Campaign website: https://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/sow_luruar
Calendar listing: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=512
Long-term campaign; Potential for levels 1-30; D&D 4E Ruleset, set in the Forgotten Realms (Luruar)
Players will require a FG2 Licence, and Skype will be used for voice
Looking for mature players who enjoy English language roleplay and prefer fun over pedantry
Players who have not played or read the Scales of War Adventure Path (or if they have, are interested in (re)playing it without metagaming) preferred

I'm looking to start up my first ever long term campaign as a DM (have experience as a DM on one-shots and Living Forgotten Realms modules), so I've decided to use the Scales of War Adventure Path published by Wizards so I don't have to do as much preparation and planning. I'm also going to be running it in the Forgotten Realms, so that I can make minor adjustments and perhaps run side treks in the Realms as I become more confident with running stuff on the fly.

The time has been set as it is the best time that suits me on an ongoing basis, and potential players (likely to be in Australia, Asia and Europe) will be expected to make a commitment to it. Occasional absences and weeks off are to be expected though.

I'm hoping to have a social pre-campaign session on Sunday 1 August at 7pm AEST with interested parties and we'll go from there.

If you're interested, please send a PM or post in this thread. Include briefly a bit about yourself as a player, what you enjoy/dislike in a campaign, and any questions or hesitations you have and hopefully we'll get this ball rolling. You can also let me know if you have any preferences with regard to party role, but stay out of the detail of character creation for now.

Cheers!

Scott

BlackAnvil
July 18th, 2010, 18:06
Sounds interesting, PM sent.

JonarKhree
July 19th, 2010, 14:17
Am new to FG and have a basic understanding of 4E (still reading the handbook) but am a fast learner. If those things are fine with you then i'm very interested in joining up with ya. The time suits me perfectly. :-) As a player I find I tend to lean heavily towards caster roles (wiz/sorc/cler etc) and enjoy pretty much any story so long as its got some substance to it.

Look forward to hearing from ya.

gschlosser
July 19th, 2010, 14:47
I'm interested, but what GMT time zone are you? I am GMT -5 hours. If it is not some craz) time here in the states, I may do it.

Greg Schlosser

someoneinatree
July 19th, 2010, 15:10
I'm interested, but what GMT time zone are you? I am GMT -5 hours. If it is not some craz) time here in the states, I may do it.

Greg Schlosser

@Greg: As you'll see in my signature, I'm UTC/GMT +10. There's also a hyperlink to a world clock near the start of my post which shows you 7pm AEST in a whole lot of other timezones. But yes, generally speaking US players won't find it a convenient time as it's 5am US EDT. Thanks for the interest though!

@JonarKhree: Thanks Jonar, and no I don't have a problem with players relatively new to software/4E as it's not hard to teach or learn. Let me know if you have a preference for any of the party roles specifically (defender, striker, leader, controller). From the sounds of it you're possibly happy to play anything but defender.

For others, please keep expressions of interest coming and I'll be in touch shortly!

JonarKhree
July 21st, 2010, 02:48
Definatly leaning towards a controller or a striker. Love the look of the Invoker and the Sorcerer (if able to use PHB2), still reading the FR book but that stuff looks good too. Can hammer that out as we get closer tho. :-) Looking forward to it whichever way. Havn't played Scales of War yet but it looks good from what little i've seen/read.

BlackAnvil
July 21st, 2010, 12:49
I'm getting quite keen myself. I've GM'd 4E but never played. I'm thinking striker or leader myself although i'm able to be flexible to make sure we've got all the roles covered.

It would certainly help to know what books will be avaiable for use. Plenty of planning to be done though I'm sure.

someoneinatree
July 21st, 2010, 16:48
Thanks for the continued interest guys. Have been hard at work pulling together the campaign website. PMs have been sent to all of the interested parties.

Room for one or two more players still at this stage. Let me know here on the thread or in a PM!

Artaron
July 21st, 2010, 21:36
Just thought I'd say hi on the thread as well, having already sent a PM earlier. I'm leaning towards a defender myself. if we get one or two extra people we'll have a versatile group, always a good thing. look forward to playing with you.

JonarKhree
July 22nd, 2010, 05:45
Well done so far on the web page. :-) Just browsing through it now. Looks like you've kept the character creation options nice and open so putting one together at the moment. Will try to make sure sure its not too outlandish ;-) Will post basic details within a day or so. Nice to see we've picked up a few other players too.

p.s. happy with the striker role.

someoneinatree
July 25th, 2010, 08:19
Thanks to the players who've sent in character concepts so far, looking good. I'm doing some further work on the wiki tonight... and will also send out my Skype info via PM.

Also - there is now a listing on the FG Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=512). Any more interested players, please send a PM with character concept and apply on the calendar.

someoneinatree
July 30th, 2010, 03:09
Hi all,

So we will definitely get the campaign started this Sunday once we've made sure all the characters are built and ready to go and done a bit of getting-to-know-you.

Currently our party consists of:
a fierce and noble dwarven paladin of Moradin;
a stormsoul genasi sorcerer with a burden to bear;
a tiefling bard who hails from Waterdeep, with a taste for the finer things in life;
and an Oghmanyte deva wizard facing his most troubled incarnation yet.

I'd love to have at least a fifth player as it makes it easier when one person is away, and happy to have people join up after the adventure is already started.

Drop me a line!

https://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/sow_luruar

growls
August 8th, 2010, 05:53
hi, im an aussie that may be interested. I plan to roll a human shaman named Growls Stormwolf. Problem is im a complete noob, anlthough im learning fast.
its 3pm on sunday the 8th aug. please post or PM me before 7. If possible I can roll a character between now and 7 then should be ready to go?
I have applied on the FG calendar as well.
I used D&D character generator to build my shaman, here is the copied summary (I can reroll stats if you want):
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Growls Stormwolf, level 1
Human, Shaman
Build: Bear Shaman
Companion Spirit: Protector Spirit

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 11, Wis 20, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 11, Wis 18, Cha 8.

AC: 10 Fort: 14 Reflex: 11 Will: 17
HP: 26 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +5, Nature +10, Endurance +7, Perception +10, Heal +10

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics, Arcana, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, Dungeoneering +5, History, Insight +5, Intimidate -1, Religion, Stealth, Streetwise -1, Thievery

FEATS
Human: Vigorous Spirit
Level 1: Shared Healing Spirit

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Defending Strike
Shaman at-will 1: Wrath of Winter
Shaman encounter 1: Call to the Ancestral Warrior
Shaman daily 1: Spirit of the Healing Flood

====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

someoneinatree
August 8th, 2010, 14:14
Great! With Growls, we now have six players, so I'm no longer taking new player applications. Feel free to follow our adventures on Obsidian Portal: https://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/sow_luruar

I'll update this thread if we need to fill a spot later during the campaign.

Cheers

Triage
August 19th, 2010, 02:18
I may as well express my interest now incase the games situation changes.

Sending you a PM also to give you an idea of my play prefs.

Not just trying to push for a position, i don't mind being on the bench at the moment.

someoneinatree
August 22nd, 2010, 15:06
We are actually again looking for one more player... so I've sent a PM to you Triage. Hope to hear from you soon.

someoneinatree
November 11th, 2010, 12:03
Back again with another vacancy in this campaign. Current details all in the first post of this thread.

Players are level 4 and I'm happy for a new PC with any role except leader. Roleplayers in an Australian/Asian/European timezone are likely candidates; 4e/FG experience not essential as I'm happy to teach.

Please reply here or send a PM if interested.

zroaster
November 17th, 2010, 04:00
I'm new , but keen to learn , I have the 4e Handbooks already.

Im from Hamilton NZ , So playtime would be Sun 22:00, which is ok , I can drink lots of coffee. if theres still a spot.

someoneinatree
November 20th, 2010, 22:57
Hey zroaster, thanks for the response... at this stage though unfortunately I've already filled the spot. I'll definitely send you a PM if another place comes available later on in case you're still free on Sunday nights.

So yes... position is filled for now, thanks all!