PDA

View Full Version : Scales of War in JP

thiha
July 18th, 2010, 01:48
Hi, I'm planning to run a 4e Scales of War campaign in Japanese at bi-weekly bases.

The starting scenario will be the second one in the Adventure Path, i.e. the "Siege of the Bordrin's Watch," starting at 3rd Level.

Basically, most of the materials listed in the character builder will be available, save the setting-specific ones such as dragonmarks from Eberron, spellscarred from Forgotten Realms, etc.

Sesssion schedule will be flexible, depending on each participants' available day and time. We'll adjust the session schedule in due course.

As mentioned earlier, this session will be held in Japanese, but the all the original (English) official rulebooks and supplements are allowed to use, as well as Japanese editions.

If you're learning Japanese at school and have already learned her grammer and vocabulary to a certain extent, this would be a great chance to improve your advanced colloquial Japanese skill through playing D&D.

If you're interested, please contact me by posting here or by PM either in Japanese or in English.

Thanks.

P.S. The session schedule will be based on Japan Standard Time.

thiha
July 18th, 2010, 01:54
P.S.2

This will be held through voice chat, using Skype. And you needn't any license of FG, as I have an "ultimate" license.

Crossfireue
July 18th, 2010, 15:15
While I'm not going to be joining you, I just wanted to let you know that I am running Scales of War as well in the same manner - using FG2 and Skype. I ran my first session of Rescue at Rivenroar last week and it went very well for us being a bunch of FG2 newbs.

Have a good time - take screen shots and post them here so we can see how it goes!

C.

thiha
July 19th, 2010, 12:41
Hi, Crossfireue

Thanks for posting. I DMed the first one "Rescue at Rivenroar" with 5 players last year using FGII and Skype, and that was a great gaming experience. We played through 8 sessions (3 to 4 hours per session) to successfully accomplish the quests of the scenaio.

Too bad, the playing group dissolved after the scenario due to changes in real life, when the new fiscal year began here in Japan last April.

Good Gaming ;-)