PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a cyberpunk style game!?

ronnke
July 16th, 2010, 11:03
I'm hoping to join a weekly or biweekly game of the cyberpunk variety, Shadowrun would be the ideal setting. I would prefer to join a game that uses voice (skype/ts/vent), as I really don't want to have to type. I do enough of that at work. Is there any such games needing players, or perhaps a game starting soon.

I can usually be flexible with time, however I have a current commitment to an existing game which takes priority.

If I can't find a game to join as a player then I will start one. So this thread is both a request to join a game and/or seeking possible interested players for a game I start.

Azathoth
July 17th, 2010, 00:51
It's been years since I have played Shadowrun, but I would love to do so again. Played 3e, but I did purchase the 4e book when it came out and read it so whichever edition would not be foreign to me.

East coast America, most every evening after 5-6pm would be open, except Tuesday and Thursday.

Sid1120
July 22nd, 2010, 01:51
If Steam-punk fits with you, I'm thinking about creating a game with heavy influence of steam-punk in upcoming adventures. The game intends to start as your standard low-fantasy medieval game before events build up as the steam-punk infrastructure/settings follow.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12822

ronnke
July 22nd, 2010, 03:14
I'm really looking for the classic high tech, low life cyberpunk genre.

However, your steampunk game looks interesting. If nothing comes of this expression of interest for a cyberpunk game, then you can count me as definitely interested. I will be following your thread.

Stealthfox16
July 22nd, 2010, 08:25
I'm also looking for a Cyberpunk game, preferably shadowrun or the equivalent. All we need now is someone willing to GM.

Blahness98
July 22nd, 2010, 18:31
I've been looking for a cyberpunk style game for a while... I have been toying around with hosting a game, but I still haven't found a good CP2020 rule set that doesn't require lots of modification. If someone decides to host a game, look me up, as I have Wednesday's free..

ronnke
July 22nd, 2010, 23:16
As a player, I will play any ruleset, but if I was to host my own game then I will be using GURPS within the Shadowrun setting. The GURPS ruleset on FG is good and free. :)

Stealthfox16
July 23rd, 2010, 07:03
I've never used GURPS, but if you're willing to run, I'm willing to play.