PDA

View Full Version : Interested In Buying FG2

pipex
July 16th, 2010, 05:02
Okay, i want to start saying that my english sucks :p

now to the topic, like i said im Interested in buying FG2 because im very Interested in roleplaying, the problem, is that i have never played a match in a real table, or with real people (i dont have friends Interested in RP), now, is FG2 a good program to start to RP or i should look for real tables to start. i have played a lot of rpg on computer games Tough, so i know the basic of rpg

Hope you understand me, im from CHILE (southamerica). also, off topic, how is the community in here ? it seems very friendly

templarghost
July 16th, 2010, 08:38
Hello and welcome to the forums!

That was exactly my case a while back...quite a few computer games but no table-top whatsoever. Luckily, the transition was smooth and I got to playing and building modules very fast.

As to whether you should look for real tabletop sessions...those are harder to find (trust me I know it all to well...the nearest group of players is some 300 km from where I live), require a lot more money (ironically, that's true) and take up a lot more time.

On the other hand, in FG you can join an online group, get help an free, web-based resources to build a character and learn how to play it...there's VoIP, the chatbox, alll sorts of methods to improve on the atmosphere of the game, that you wont even notice it isn't a real tabletop game, just a virtual replica.

Anyway, that's my opinion on the matter. If you can afford the program and the time to get into a group here, do it...you wont have anything to regret.

As to how the community around here is, all I can say is absolutely great! I'm sure you'll feel the same after a while.

pipex
July 16th, 2010, 22:30
Thanks for the fast reply templarghost, after thinking it, i buyed FG2 :D, now the only thing i have to do is find a group, thanks for the reply. now is there somebody here that want to teach how to play this to a noob ;P or i should go to the forum "Guild House" and search for a group there ???

Thanks a lot :D

Moon Wizard
July 17th, 2010, 06:09
You can check out Xorne's tutorials in the Downloads section to get some ideas. Also, try a search for "tutorials" in the forums, in case he has others floating about.

Cheers,
JPG

Xorn
July 18th, 2010, 03:50
The tutorials in my signature are the revised ones, which are slightly 4E centric but I think more closely reflect an out of the box install of FG2 these days. Maybe the download links can be updated once my revised videos are finalized. I think the Example Encounter tutorial I just finished is going to be a fantastic resource.

The best advice I ever see for new users is, "Ask to observe another person's game."

The Example Encounter tutorial is like observing 5 players and a DM all at once, with them explaining everything they are doing along the way. (With voices for each!) :D

dertywhiteboy
August 2nd, 2010, 20:39
Got a question... what do i have to purchase to be able and play 4E games, and how easy is it to just set down and play a game??? Or do I have to adjust schedule and make time to play... I am pretty busy with job and family, so I get a few hours here and there. watched th videos... LIKED them alot, thanks XORN for putting them up. Just not for sure if this would be for me... ofcourse I dont know yet either, how does it normaly work. Hey XORN, do you think you could make a video for us people who cant figure this out. Lke a Idiots Guide to FG2, from what to buy , downloading and first game????

Stitched
August 2nd, 2010, 21:23
To play a 4e game, a Lite license if the GM has Full or Ultimate.
A demo license if the GM has Ultimate.

dertywhiteboy
August 3rd, 2010, 01:29
Thank you... got confused when I went to the Store Tab.... wasnt for certian on what I needed.

Griogre
August 5th, 2010, 06:55
I just wanted to mention most games are with a regular group like in a face to face game. So you would have to find a group that plays when you are available if you wanted to play regularly.

There are some exceptions like the RPGA group that uses FG though.

dertywhiteboy
August 5th, 2010, 22:12
Thanks for th info....