PDA

View Full Version : Test Release 2.7 (cont.)

Moon Wizard
July 16th, 2010, 03:49
2010-07-15 = Test Release 10

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved.

As always, please make a backup of your campaign before opening with a test release.

I will update this thread as I release new iterations of the test version.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
July 16th, 2010, 04:01
[Response to kirbol from end of first test release thread]

Windowlist drop
I didn't see that behavior with the acceptdrop tag using the 4E ruleset and the NPC campaign windowlist. I get one item for each valid shortcut I drop, though I didn't test an invalid shortcut. I think you'll need to get me more information (and maybe some code) to figure out what is happening.

SetValue/onValueChanged
The change that you are recommending is actually not something that I think is a good option. In some cases, you want to be able to re-set the value of a field in an onValueChanged call. The correct behavior is to set a flag when using setValue in an onValueChanged field in order to prevent an endless loop condition, which is what you were seeing.

Cheers,
JPG

Vudo
July 16th, 2010, 04:12
moon_wizard, did you see the two errors I posted in the other 2.7 thread? They were BRP rule set related.

kirbol
July 16th, 2010, 04:34
Thanks for the quick response.

Not sure exactly how much code to drop off here, so I'll keep it short for now.

The code I was using the in the windowlist for dropping skills into the list.

<acceptdrop>

<class>refskillfull</class>
<field>name</field>
<field>attribname</field>
<field>action</field>
<field>generalskill</field>
<field>knowledge</field>
<field>strain</field>
<field>description</field>
</acceptdrop>

Honestly, I noticed this behavior after updating to 2.7, then went back and found it also in 2.6.5 (unless some lib didn't downgrade, I was suspecting it was the same).. I got the idea to change everything over to onDrop by looking at the 4E ruleset, since that's how the lists I was looking at seemed to achieve the desired results:)

I could not replicate this issue in the npc or item lists from the desktop, only within the lists in the character sheet when dropping off the item lists, or from the library modules I created.

setValue/onValueChanged:
The main section of code I modified was in template_linkednumber.lua, which I think is almost identical in the 4E ruleset, though this came from the Earthdawn ruleset from Joshua.

local updating = false;
function onSourceUpdate(source)

if not updating then

updating = true;
local value = calculateSources();
if value ~= getValue() then

--print("linkednumber update " .. getName());
setValue(value);
else

--print("linkednumber doesn't need update " .. getName());
end
updating = false;
end
end

((I sort of mis-spoke, this was in the linked numbers, though with the source values updating, it caused the linkednumber fields to fire their onValueChanged events))

Obviously I was trying a few things in the above, not sure that the "updating" code is even worthwhile right now, as it didn't resolve this issue. But all issues cleared up when I put in the value check. I had a lot of debug code in most of my derived fields, and I only saw this when more than one had the charsheet open.

I am in no way attempting to be argumentative, I just can't think of a time when setting a value to the same value would offer much benefit, except when updating one field grabs info from a second to complete a third, and only field one has the onValueChanged event.... but you'd always be forced to update both fields if field 2 needed a change.... (sorry just kinda thinking through this and trying/hoping to understand )

I'm still pretty new with working with rulesets, etc, only been at it for a couple months. :)

Moon Wizard
July 16th, 2010, 08:52
kirbol,

Thanks for the notes on the windowlist drop issue. It seems to happen in a particular situation, and hopefully I can recreate here using your info. I'll let you know if I need more.

On the value field, I see what you are saying. If setValue is called, but the value is the same, should onValueChanged be called? However, it's still a tough call, since I can see arguments on both sides. There might be rulesets depending on an onValueChanged event to fire, even if the value has not technically changed. One of things I'm trying to avoid is breaking rulesets.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
July 16th, 2010, 09:09
Vudo,

Going to try and get my hands on the latest BRP ruleset, and see what is happening.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
July 17th, 2010, 08:31
Vudo,

I was able to take a look at the items you mentioned.

* The script errors are caused by an issue with the ruleset. In 2.6.5, the issue does not generate errors, ironically due to a memory leak in the FG client. When I plugged the memory leak, script errors are now generated. I found a similar situation in the 4E ruleset during development.

* The scrolling in the module data actually was already happening. The difference is that 2.7 calculates the height of the text differently, thus adding some white space at the bottom allowing more scrolling. In 2.6.5, the scrolling was only about 2 lines of text, whereas in 2.7 the scrolling is about 12-15 lines of text. I'll take a look at this.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
July 17th, 2010, 08:35
kirbol,

Do you have an onDrop handler in your code for that list control or for the list entry class or controls? It may be causing the double add.

Thanks,
JPG

Foen
July 17th, 2010, 09:53
The script errors are caused by an issue with the ruleset. In 2.6.5, the issue does not generate errors, ironically due to a memory leak in the FG client. When I plugged the memory leak, script errors are now generated. I found a similar situation in the 4E ruleset during development.

Hi JPG

I'm happy to fix the BRP ruleset, but am a bit bemused about the issue. The documentation says that windowcontrols have a destroy() method, which is being called in this code, so I'm not sure what the problem is. How did you resolve it in 4E?

Stuart

kirbol
July 17th, 2010, 09:53
At one time, I saw this on 2 different lists. one did have a seperate ondrop, since I had two classes I wanted to drop, refskillfull and reftalentfull into the skills list.

On the talent list, I only had the reftalentfull acceptdrop (virtually identical to the above) they both had the issue.

The only list that didn't have the issue was my item list, which only used onDrop.

They have all been recoded for only onDrop now, which seems to have resolved the issue.

If you'd like, I could roll back my changes and send you a copy of the ruleset (i use svn so it's fairly trivial, though I'm not sure what other bugs my creep out of the woodwork:D )

Foen
July 17th, 2010, 09:59
Apologies: fixed the issue, and will post a patch on the BRP forum.

Stuart

Moon Wizard
July 18th, 2010, 02:26
Stuart,

Thanks for the fast work. I was going to send you a note when I got a chance.

The issue is that even though you are destroying the object, there is still a pointer to the control object stored in your LUA controls table. The items in the controls table are never removed as long as the preferences window is open. When you are swapping between tabs and you select a tab that has less items than the previous tab, then the new items do not completely overwrite the old items in the controls table. Then, when you switch again, the clear function generates script errors, because it ends up calling the destroy function on a non-existent control.

It also happens in the template_viewerlist.lua code for 4E, d20, d20_JPG and other rulesets based on those.

The solution is to simply add "controls = {};" at the end of the function that destroys the old controls, so that the destroyed object pointers are no longer accessible.

Cheers,
JPG

Foen
July 18th, 2010, 06:19
Thanks JPG, I spotted the problem and fixed it by setting pref.label = nil and pref.control = nil after destroying them, although your way would have been neater.

Stuart

kirbol
July 19th, 2010, 04:47
Ran into an oddity while testing things under 2.7.0

While working with a library module I'm creating, I noticed that referenceindex pages with a <description text="formattedtext"> which included a table, a number of spaces below the description to the actual index and links came from nowhere.

Below are two pics showing the exact same module opened to the same page (though I did resize vertically only to show the length of the spacing. (I've blurred out the text.. just in case :) )

https://zahn.darktraveler.com/fg/fg_2.6.5_desc_formattedtext_table.jpg

https://zahn.darktraveler.com/fg/fg_2.7.0_desc_formattedtext_table.jpg

(I attempt to resize these, but I am unsure if it worked properly, apologies if they are to large)

-kirbol

Mortani
July 19th, 2010, 14:08
Is there anyway to toggle seeing the new shortcut icons for images? They are great for maps, but they detract from Handouts etc.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/695574/Handout.JPG

Moon Wizard
July 19th, 2010, 22:58
kirbol, I noticed the same thing when looking at a separate issue. I think it has something to do with the height calculations for formattedtext fields. Also, I'd still like to get the Earthdawn files to reproduce the acceptdrop issue.

Mortani, I was thinking the same thing when I was sharing creature images the other day. Let me think about it and see what I come up with.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
July 19th, 2010, 23:15
Test Release 11 has been released.

I was finally able to track down the Mac drawing issue that DrZ was seeing. It was related to the redraw flag being ignored in some situations.

I think that the test version is ready for a few game sessions. If your group is up for it, give it a go. I'm going to try and run my game this Wed with it as well.

Here is the list of items I have reported that are outstanding:
Moderate

Extra space at the end of formattedtext fields

Low

Class and level information not visible on client (4E)
FG only works for user who installs (2.6.5)
Target application of roll results not displayable to clients once hidden (4E, 2.6.5)
acceptdrop tag not working for some windowlists (Earthdawn, 2.6.5?)
Display of number fields show exponential notation for large numbers (2.6.5)
Image toolbars always visible, even on non-map images (4E)

Low priority items may or may not get fixed before finalizing the release, especially items that already existed in v2.6.5

Thanks,
JPG

kirbol
July 20th, 2010, 00:47
On the windowlists:
I found a couple of errors on my part. I had a return false in the onDrop, which I suspect helped the duplicated entries issue *Fixed*. In the library I had mis-configured skills as talents *fixed*.

I can no longer replicate the issue in 2.7.

The issue persists in 2.6.5. The empty entry happens on talents, skills, and spells. These are using acceptdrop, inventory uses a script. I will PM you the URL to the 121 version of my ruleset which has this configuration. Pretty much anything you drop into those lists, a note, personality, item, etc, will create a blank entry on 2.6.5.

Sorry for the confusion on this
kirbol

Moon Wizard
July 20th, 2010, 21:03
kirbol,

Thanks for the update. I'll remove that one from my list.

JPG

kirbol
July 21st, 2010, 03:51
I think I've run into an issue with scrolling a multiline stringfield.

It seems when using the mouse wheel to scroll a stringfield as configured below:

<stringfield name="notes">
<anchored>
<top>
<parent>frame</parent>
<anchor>top</anchor>
<offset>7</offset>
</top>
<bottom>
<parent>frame</parent>
<anchor>bottom</anchor>
<offset>-5</offset>
</bottom>
<left>
<parent>frame</parent>
<anchor>left</anchor>
<offset>15</offset>
</left>
<right>
<parent>frame</parent>
<anchor>right</anchor>
<offset>-15</offset>
</right>
</anchored>
<multilinespacing>20</multilinespacing>
<font>sheettext</font>
<frame>
<name>textline</name>
<offset>2,0,2,0</offset>
</frame>
</stringfield>

Only every other mousewheel notch, does the text line up with the lines on the textline frame.

Initial:
https://zahn.darktraveler.com/fg/screenshot0005.jpg

Single notch:
https://zahn.darktraveler.com/fg/screenshot0006.jpg

On the following notch, the text lines up again..

I also noted that using the arrow keys to scroll down the list caused an odd offset once you reached the bottom of the page and began scrolling:

https://zahn.darktraveler.com/fg/screenshot0007.jpg

I apologize for the number and size of these images, but I thought it might be best to be able to illustrate the issue... Did I miss something in the stringfield configuration?

**I've reduced the size of the images, trying to keep them large enough to make out the issue displayed**

Also, are there any plans for the mouse wheel to be enabled on a second monitor? As long as FG is on my primary monitor, the mousewheel function properly, whenever I move it to the second monitor, the mousewheel is non-operational *I think this is a known issue*

Thanks,
-kirbol

adminwheel3
July 21st, 2010, 16:23
I didn't notice in your post - this is a new issue in 2.7 right? It worked fine in 2.6.5? I only ask since I think MW is using this thread to focus on stamping out issues that the current test release might introduce, not looking for new bug fixes to include in it.

kirbol
July 21st, 2010, 23:35
The text only scrolled in a multiline stringfield with the arrow keys in 2.6.5, and stayed aligned properly. 2.7 added the ability to use the mousewheel for scrolling these types of controls.

As far as I can tell this is a 2.7 specific issue.

-kirbol

Moon Wizard
July 26th, 2010, 20:33
No reports while I was out of town this weekend, and a successful session with my group last Wednesday is a good sign.

I'm going to hold off on releasing 2.7 until after Gencon. I want to be available after the new version release in order to address any issues quickly, which I can't do on the road.

Please keep me updated on any items you see, especially issues that you are not seeing in 2.6.5.

Thanks,
JPG

Satan
July 26th, 2010, 23:00
Hi,
If I put a bugbear as a pesonality in d20_jpg with v2.7 loaded FG doesn't close down right, and a backup db will be created. This happens with some other monsters as well (i cant remember which), I have tried both the 3.5 build in monsters and the CSRD monsters.

Is this something others can replicate?

Best regards
Jacob

Moon Wizard
July 29th, 2010, 01:12
S,

I reproduced the bugbear issue. Thanks for reporting it.

JPG

Moon Wizard
July 29th, 2010, 01:22
Test Release 11 has been pushed to testing. I have no outstanding items at this point, so please put this one through the paces.

FG Client Updates

Database corruption when saving stringfields containing '%' characters. Fixed. (Bugbear issue)
Numbercontrols will now longer display in exponential notation. (NOTE: numbercontrols only support 7 digits of precision.)
Layout of stacked formattedtextcontrols improved.
Console messages can be copied to the clipboard.
Scrolling stringcontrols with mouse wheel will increment text by line spacing height instead of fixed value.
The cursor within an active stringcontrol will no longer be drawn when it is outside the viewing area. (i.e. scrolling with mouse wheel)
User.getRemoteIdentities updated to allow multiple fields to be requested for labels (numerical or string only).
Icons within buttoncontrols not scaling correctly. Fixed.

4E Updates

By default, toolbars are not displayed on images. Host can toggle toolbars on/off, and the setting will be remembered.
Tokens can now be moved by clients, if marked friendly.
Script error when dropping dice on power names. Fixed.
Class and level are now visible in client character selection window.
Recharge not working in CT for basic attacks. Fixed.

Thanks,
JPG

Vudo
July 29th, 2010, 01:50
Hi, just a quick one: some tables in the BRP rules set are no longer displayed correctly. I am speaking of the text tables in the rules Library.
I did not notice that earlier but today after the update.

ronnke
July 29th, 2010, 01:56
Test Release 11 has been pushed to testing. I have no outstanding items at this point, so please put this one through the paces.

Since you have nothing outstanding, is it possible for you to have a look at this. I work almost exclusively in hex's, while not a deal breaker, it is annoying. :)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12255

adminwheel3
July 29th, 2010, 03:12
Patch notes seem to be missing after you update.

Moon Wizard
July 29th, 2010, 04:07
Vudo,
Can you be more specific on which module and tables?

Adminwheel3,
Got it. I missed a closing tag in the patchnotes.xml.

Ronnke,
I did change the OnMeasurePointer function to OnMeasurePointerEx with v2.7. I didn't dig into your thread to understand exactly what is needed, but is this change already enough to do your calculations? If so, help me write the LUA code for the calc to put in 4E as an example.

Old: OnMeasurePointer (length)
where length = pixel length of pointer.

New: OnMeasurePointerEx (x1, y1, x2, y2, length, type)
where x1/y1 and x2/y2 are the start/end pixel coordinates for pointer
and length is the pixel length of the pointer
and type is the pointer type (arrow, circle, cone, rectangle)

Thanks,
JPG

ronnke
July 29th, 2010, 04:47
New: OnMeasurePointerEx (x1, y1, x2, y2, length, type)
where x1/y1 and x2/y2 are the start/end pixel coordinates for pointer
and length is the pixel length of the pointer
and type is the pointer type (arrow, circle, cone, rectangle)

In calculating a length on a hex grid you need a vector in order to get an accurate result. So the new OnMeasurePointerEx should work just fine. Thx

Moon Wizard
July 29th, 2010, 04:53
Vudo,

I found the table issue. I think it was part of the latest update. I added some code to catch division by zero crash errors, and the table calculations were affected. It will be fixed in next test release, which should be in the next day or so.

JPG

Vudo
July 29th, 2010, 05:02
Vudo,

I found the table issue. I think it was part of the latest update. I added some code to catch division by zero crash errors, and the table calculations were affected. It will be fixed in next test release, which should be in the next day or so.

JPG

cool, thanks for your fast work. :bandit:

ronnke
July 29th, 2010, 05:31
In calculating a length on a hex grid you need a vector in order to get an accurate result. So the new OnMeasurePointerEx should work just fine. Thx

You will notice that if you switch to hex's in the 4E ruleset (not that 4E uses hexs) it has an issue properly calculating the length of a pointer in the diagonal. You need to apply a different formula to get a length calculation with respect to hexs. This will be possible now that your new function has the start and end points of the pointer. I'll send you the lua code once I have it working.

The snap to grid when using hexs, is also not consistent.

Oberoten
July 29th, 2010, 09:04
This new treatment of pointers ... it would finally let me get that "measuring tape" to them? IE, can it somehow be defined that a certain length is the base of say one meter or one inch?

... if so it is time to start working on a Warhammer 40 k ruleset.

- Obe

Moon Wizard
July 29th, 2010, 11:40
What is preventing you from creating your measuring tape capability?

Currently, a grid is required to generate distance text on a pointer. The distance text is handled by the ruleset by responding to onMeasurePointer/onMeasurePointerEx callbacks.

I'm sure there is a thread on it somewhere, but it's late. ;)

JPG

Oberoten
July 29th, 2010, 11:50
Mostly? My lack of coding capability really. :-/

What I'd like doing is making it so I can put in a basic measure somewhere like 1 meter, then define it on screen to just use a measuring tape anywhere and any direction later on and get an exact measure.

Say I put 1" as the base (very warhammery) and then go on to put the defining measure between two known objects that I *DO* know to be 1" apart on the map. Then if I later have troops with a move of 4" I'd use the pointer and get distance on the map in any angle I'd care to use hence making sure I no longer even need a grid.

Heck grids etc was made because one wouldn't need to bring more than dice, if we have a computer able to do exact measures that'd be more than just epic to use instead.

- Obe

Zeus
July 29th, 2010, 12:47
Under the latest TR11, I'm getting client errors on connection to 4E campaigns: 'Possible Character Database Corruption'. If I click OK and the client finally loads, the character selection window appears with no campaign characters (I guess because of the corrupted db). Whats odd is, Story, Maps & Images and Items Adventure Book Icons appear in the right-hand icon dock on the client?

I have tested the following so far, all exhibit the same behaviour:

Full License (Windows 7 PC host) -> Full License (Windows 7 PC localhost connection)
Ultimate Licence (OS X host) -> Full License (Windows 7 PC LAN client connection)

I haven't had a chance to go back and test the previous 4E test updates but can do if you need me to.

Satan
July 29th, 2010, 14:45
Hi,
I have a problem closing FG down if I assign tokens to monsters in the "Complete SRD Monsters" inside a campaign.

When newly assigned, FG closes ok, but when i open the campaign and closes it again, the error comes.

It seems if the "Complete SRD Monsters.xml" is loaded with the token definitions inside FG wil not close properly. But the tokens work for the monsters :)

P.S. Thx for the fast "bugbear" fix

Best regard
Jacob

Moon Wizard
July 29th, 2010, 20:53
DrZ,
The character database corruption message is related to the local copy of the campaign characters. The character selection request for campaign database characters is completely separate. I was able to reproduce the database message, but the campaign characters still loaded in my character selection screen.

Satan,
I just tried to assign a token to a Complete SRD monster in a new d20_JPG campaign, then exited and loaded a couple times without errors.
* Where are you sourcing your tokens from? (shared, host, ruleset, module?)
* Are you doing anything else other than opening the monster sheet, assigning the token, and exiting?

Thanks,
JPG

Zeus
July 29th, 2010, 22:21
DrZ,
The character database corruption message is related to the local copy of the campaign characters. The character selection request for campaign database characters is completely separate. I was able to reproduce the database message, but the campaign characters still loaded in my character selection screen.

Huh! that's weird, I still get the character database corruption message upon connection but now the server characters are displaying OK. Not sure what I've done differently but I can't seem to reproduce the earlier problem.

I still get the Story, Maps and Items book icons on the client though.

Moon Wizard
July 29th, 2010, 23:49
Test Release 12 pushed.

FG Changes

Fixed table display in formattedtextcontrols.
Remove erroneous backup creation and check when joining a game. (If you've been affected, local mode will throw the error once, and then clear up.)

Cheers,
JPG

Satan
July 30th, 2010, 00:09
Hi,

I just tried to open the "aboleth" and assign the "skull" from the "misc" token bag, into a new D20_JPG campaign.

When closing FG, it creates the following file "Complete SRD Monsters.xml" i the "moduledb" folder.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<root version="2.7" release="7" integrity="c7d2adfe964cc4a7a8061ae28f1b73ec4c651a8b">
<reference>
<monsters>
<aboleth>
<token type="token">ruleset/tokens/Miscellaneous/skull.png</token>
</aboleth>
</monsters>
</reference>
</root>

It then closes fine, but next time I enter and exit FG, I will get an error (I believe it is when FG tries to update/close the xml file.
If i delete the file the tokens will not be associaded to the monsters but FG will close fine again.

HTH
Jacob

kirbol
July 30th, 2010, 02:28
Ran into two odd issues with the new number controls. I saw the note about 7 digits of precision, so I'm not sure if this first one is already known or not.

First, just messing around with them, i just typed in 123456789, which is displayed back to me as 123456792, if I continue adding more numbers, it seems it just makes up what it likes. If I stop at 12345678, it seems to hold alright (granted these numbers are a bit larger than would be expected to be used much) ... Along the same lines: type in seven 9's and everything is fine, try to add that eighth 9, and instaly it shows "100000000", if you continue pressing 9's, it will keep adding 0's until the 11th, then it displays 99999997952..

Decimals: When entering any decimal, 0.5 for instance, it is displayed on the character sheet as 0.5000, which makes the inventory tab appear a bit "busy" :)

Scrolling multiline strings: The mousewheel is working perfectly, though I'm now noticing when scrolling down with the arrow keys it appears that the text still shifts a few pixels lower than it should. This shift happens on the first line scrolled down, it appears to correct itself when you scroll the first line up... I can provide a screen grab or two if required.

-kirbol

Moon Wizard
July 30th, 2010, 05:48
Jacob,
Thanks for the example. I'll look into it.

Kirbol,
1. This is expected given 7 digits of precision. This means that the number can only be 7 digits long. After that, it will be seemingly random. This has been the behavior for FG all along, it was just masked by the exponential notation. Changing it to more precision will have to be saved for another version due to the depth of the changes needed.
2. The decimals should only display as many as needed. I'll look into it.
3. Scrolling should only be by line spacing, but it's somewhat manually enforced in the code. I'll look into it.

Cheers,
JPG

ddavison
July 31st, 2010, 00:52
I just added some 3.5E updates into the 2.7.0 Test release as well. These were tested for backward compatibility with existing modules, but please make a backup of any campaign prior to testing it just to be safe. More updates for this are scheduled to bring it in line with 4E ruleset functionality.

Release notes are visible here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12497

Satan
July 31st, 2010, 01:29
I can't really figure out the changes from the link, but updates to 3.5 sounds great, will it affect the d20_jpg ruleset?

Best regards
Jacob

ddavison
July 31st, 2010, 04:53
We have a longer term project in the works that will be to merge the two rulesets into a new system that will allow you to convert from either 3.5E or d20_jpg. Since this will require more time to complete, we wanted to patch some annoying bugs and missing functionality within the 3.5E ruleset since it is the one included with the product by default.

Satan
July 31st, 2010, 12:00
Hi Moon,

It seems it is not isolated to the token, but in fact whenever I change stats etc. in a module NPC, both homebrew and official. I will get the error while closing.
If a manually delete the NPC part of the xml file it all works again.

I am using d20_JPG

HTH
Jacob

Moon Wizard
July 31st, 2010, 20:29
Jacob,

I tried your example with no problems here. It sounds like some sort of file issue.

* Can you give me more detail on the error message? (dialog box vs. script error, text of message, ...)
* What OS are you running?
* When you get the error, can you look in the Task Manager and see if there is more than one instance of FG running?

Thanks,
JPG

EugeneZ
July 31st, 2010, 21:54
When testing an earlier release about two weeks ago, my players reported an annoying issue that I had forgotten to mention until now. I don't see any posts about it so far in this thread though so I'm going to assume it hasn't been addressed.

My players are reporting that at regular intervals they are getting a "Saving Character" message that they didn't get before -- most annoyingly, however, immediately before this occurs is a period of several seconds during which the client becomes unresponsive.

I don't really get what it needs to save considering any changes to the character are instantly sent to the host and saved. But I had assumed that whatever it was doing, it was doing it before, too, since I don't see any of your release notes referring to anything of this sort. But my players insisted that the message is new and the lag before it is new and annoying.

Can you please shed some more light on this?

Satan
July 31st, 2010, 23:02
Hi again,

I am using Win 7, with lowest user control level (Using a danish version, but translated it would be named something like that)

The error is an windows error which says:

FantasyGraound.exe stopped working.
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Close the program.
(again translated from danish)

I have opened the console and no errors is shown there
I have been able to reproduce this on a danish XP version inside WMvare.
Maybe i could mail You some files offline?

best regards
Jacob

Moon Wizard
August 1st, 2010, 00:00
EugeneZ,
The character save is to save a local copy of any active characters, and it saves on the same frequency as the campaign database on the host. My players have mentioned as well, but only as a half second hesitation. I may go back to only saving characters when exiting; however, there were issues where the owned characters were not saved every time which this also solved.

Jacob,
I'm thinking that perhaps it's a user permissions issue on the FG2 data folder, but I wasn't able to reproduce a crash when playing with the user permission settings.
* Can you run FG as administrator? Does it have the same issue?
* Can you check the FG2 data folder to make sure that the permissions have the Modify option set?
* Also, have you made any modifications to your d20_JPG ruleset?

Thanks,
JPG

DMdomination
August 1st, 2010, 00:57
My group is playing tonight, one person was able to update to 2.7.0 the rest of us tried and it didn't show any updates available, now the one who was able to cannot connect. How can either the rest of us update or how can he "rollback" his version to 2.6.5? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Zeus
August 1st, 2010, 01:02
DMdomination - to update to 2.7.0 you need to switch FGII into Test mode using the Test tool as explained in the sticky at the top of the Laboratory Board here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9966).

Have you switched to Test Mode and run the updater?

As for your player rolling hs version back, ask him to switch back to Release mode using the test tool and then re-run the FGII Updater. That should roll him back to 2.6.5.

DMdomination
August 1st, 2010, 01:04
he says he hasn't. The other 5 people are still at 2.6.5 he says he doesn't have the test software on this computer and it updated anyway, is there a way to roll it back to 2.6.5 so he can play with us?

Zeus
August 1st, 2010, 01:15
I can't see how your player has updated to 2.7.0 without the test tool however if he is not sure if he has downloaded it, then ask him to download it (see the sticky thread for the link) and run it. If his system is already set to Test mode, the test button will be depressed (selected), to switch back to Release mode he just has to click on the Release button, close the app and then re-run the FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe to downgrade FGII back to 2.6.5.

DMdomination
August 1st, 2010, 01:15
We fixed, although we aren't sure how. Sorry i can't give better info and I hope no one else has this issue.

Satan
August 1st, 2010, 01:58
Hi Moon,
I tested the same module "CSRD Monsters" as described before, but this time in version 2.65 and it goes like this.

1. Create new campaign, add monsters, add skull token to aboleth, close FG
2. Open campaign, check token on aboleth, it is ok, close FG
3. Open campaign, check token on aboleth, its gone!, close FG
No errors given at any time. XML file approx. 303 kb

Version 2.70
1. Create new campaign, add monsters, add skull token to aboleth, close FG
2. Open campaign, check token on aboleth, it is ok, close FG
3. Open campaign, check token on aboleth, it is still ok, close FG
Close errors given if "Return to Launcher" in step 2 and 3. XML file approx. 1 kb

I can see a difference in the xml file though, it seems version 2.65 copies the whole xml to the moduledb from the module, where version 2.7 only copies the changes.

The close error will only occur if you "Return to launcher" NOT if You exit to desktop (could be significant ;), sry about that, but only just realised)

HTH
Jacob

Moon Wizard
August 1st, 2010, 02:10
Very important. I was able to reproduce the issue.

In fact, it helped me track down a small, related issue I've been chasing for weeks.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
August 1st, 2010, 11:11
v2.7 Test Release 13 pushed to testing.

Release notes have been reorganized and consolidated.

FG Updates

Number display improved for floating point edge conditions.
Multi-line string scrolling fine-tuned.
Client character auto-save disabled. Character data still saved on exit.
Ruleset script errors could sometimes cause application to crash. Fixed.
Module number fields incorrectly being marked dirty when they lose focus, regardless of whether they had been edited. Fixed.
When editing tokens in host module data, application could crash when reloading or returning to launcher. Fixed.

4E Updates

Client identity selection window will always center on initial load.
Hex pointer distance calculation improved.

3.5E Updates

Added option to auto add name to rolls
Added option to CTRL+click on numbers to add to modifier stack
Added option to enable double-click rolling (only for NPCs currently)
Fixed bug where Combats dragged to group Initiative window didn't retain values.
Dragging and dropping NPCs now creates a copy of the original node, complete with formatted textcontrol
Combat tracker now has token and link

Regards,
JPG

Satan
August 1st, 2010, 11:44
Hi Moon,

Glad I could help. And thank you for the fast fixes :)

Best regards
Jacob

EugeneZ
August 1st, 2010, 20:24
FG Updates

Client character auto-save disabled. Character data still saved on exit.

Thanks. I was going to post a follow-up to your original reply after discussing with my players. Besides confirming that it's longer than half a second (maybe because we're using level 25 characters?), one of the players got weird graphical issues whenever it saved. His entire FG screen would turn black when saving, then go back to normal when it was done. So in other words we're really glad this behavior has been removed.

Jonny Tenebrous
August 2nd, 2010, 00:47
Comment for latest test version:

I'm *very* pleased with the new 4E collapsable map tools/grid adjustments/targetting panel. Useful tools, but much less clutter now. If given a choice, I'd have the collapsed icon even smaller, or perhaps scalable in the DM options. Essentially, if the icon *must* be visible, even on items displayed purely as visual aids to players, the less noticeable the better.

WISHLIST Request for Upcoming Versions: (Token Options)

I would LOVE an option that allows me to designate the order of tokens placed on a map using the old standard graphics program options: "Send Forward" "Send Backward" "Bring to Front" and "Send to Back"... or a better system if you can think of one. This would be useful on so many levels, as I prefer depicting things to my players visually as often as possible (in addition to using effects and so on in the combat tracker). As such, my campaigns are visuals-heavy and I'd prefer using more tokens were it simpler to choose between tokens I've purposely overlaid. For example, I've been making/using loads of visual 4E-related status tokens in Photohop of late, (which I'll share soon for anybody who wants them)... clean, uniform, minimalist color-coded tokens denotating "marked", "dying", "immobilized", etc, etc. I drag and drop them on PCs and NPCs as appropriate and would like them to stay under the PC/NPC tokens. In a perfect world, it'd be nice to be able to attach ("Group"/"Ungroup" in Photoshop speak?) these status tokens to PC/NPC tokens so they can move around together until detached. Please let me know if I could clarify better. Thanks.

Jonny Tenebrous
August 2nd, 2010, 01:05
One, roundabout but possibly more simple, way to implement my request for token ordering options above would be to (simply?) make or allow the creation of 1 or (preferably) 2 or more "Utility Layers".

Right now, as far as I can see, there's the "background" layer comprised of e.g. MyDungeon.jpg, the "tokens layers" (self explanatory), the grid layer, and, on top, the "masking layer". Given two all-purpose "utility" token layers directly above the background layer, one could use "Utility Layer 1" to lay down e.g. deformed terrain mask tokens, scorch mark tokens, etc. from PC/NPC spells, explosions, and whatnot. On "utility layer 2" above that, one could place status tokens as I've described in the post above. Then, above that layer, it's just business as usual with the token, grid, and mask layers. Just a thought.

Moon Wizard
August 2nd, 2010, 01:51
Jonny,

On the image toolbar, the toolbar hide/show button is only visible on the host, so the players will not see anything on any images unless you enable toolbars.

For token improvements, there is further nothing slated for v2.7 at this point. The feature set is done at this point, just making sure I squash any more bugs before release.

For future versions, there are a lot of image and token wish list requests that I am tracking, and I believe that may be one of the next areas of attack. This release is primarily for programming improvements and stability.

Cheers,
JPG

Mevith
August 2nd, 2010, 09:15
I got this error yesterday, a marked enemy was about to attack another character (not the one that marked him) and this jumped up

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_node.lua"]:84: attempt to index local 'nodeSource' (a userdata value)

EDIT: I was able to make it stop, the apply was set to single and the traker did not like it, changed it to all and resolved :) sry about the fuss.

Jonny Tenebrous
August 2nd, 2010, 10:55
Moon Wizard,

Thanks for your reply. Great to know about the host-visible-only toolbar. 2.7.0 is coming along great, and I've been fortunate enough to experience no stability issues with my 6 player + DM 4E campaign, unless using extensions that I already knew to be unstable in 2.7.0. Keep up the good work!

~Jonny

adminwheel3
August 2nd, 2010, 12:16
Appears that direct whispers are not working in 4e with the test patch, however I haven't had the time to test without my add-ins yet.

I could not whisper to players via using /w to players - it looks like /whisper may work.

Dragging text from the chat bar to the player icon also worked.

And I'm not sure this is related, but since there was work on how FG interacts with the Windows environment I thought I would check - one of my players this time around could not get his Vent to work with FG running in the foreground. He would have to make Vent the focused window so he could speak - if FG was the focus it would not pick up his voice.

None of the other players had this issue and I only mention it in case someone else experiences some strangeness with FG impacting the functionality of programs in the background.

Zeus
August 2nd, 2010, 15:04
Moon Wizard,

Thanks for your reply. Great to know about the host-visible-only toolbar. 2.7.0 is coming along great, and I've been fortunate enough to experience no stability issues with my 6 player + DM 4E campaign, unless using extensions that I already knew to be unstable in 2.7.0. Keep up the good work!

~Jonny

Jonny, if the extensions you refer to are my 4E Personalities and 4E Items extensions and you don't mind a spot of testing for me, PM me your email address and I'll set you up with access to the test release area of my Resource Site. The latest test builds for 4E Personalities and 4E Items, that are compatible with 2.7.0 and the latest 4E, are now available.

adminwheel3
August 2nd, 2010, 17:32
This is a small niggle - but it looks like you can no longer export using special characters?

I attemped to export a module titled Nocht Leabráhn and it came out Nocht Leabrhn - without the á

This had worked previous to the patch.

Actually just tested and it's not limited to exporting. Pasting Nocht Leabráhn into the chat buffer drops the á as well.

Moon Wizard
August 4th, 2010, 02:59
Mevith,
Found it. The Marked effect was being removed before all the calculations were done. Setting the application flag to "All" avoids the issue. Was an issue in 2.6.5 also. Fixed in next release.

adminwheel3,
* The /w hadn't changed, but the way LUA ran some of the code changed. I updated the slash commands to follow this procedure: 1) exact match, or 2) if no exact match, then partial unique match, or 3) if no exact and no partial unique match, then do nothing.
* On the accent characters, I found an issue in the stringcontrol paste code that I will address; but not sure about the export. Sent you a PM to get more info.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
August 4th, 2010, 05:42
Test Release 14 pushed to testing.

FG Updates

Pasting text was dropping some special characters (i.e. accented characters). Fixed.

4E Updates

The whisper shortcut stopped working. (/w) Fixed.
Script error when using Marked effects with single/once application flag. Fixed.

Cheers,
JPG

adminwheel3
August 4th, 2010, 16:33
Not sure how big of a deal it is, but when the update got to checking package 3.5 for updates it generated an 'error checking package manifest' message.

I restarted and it seemed to complete without issue.

Raheal
August 5th, 2010, 19:00
And I'm not sure this is related, but since there was work on how FG interacts with the Windows environment I thought I would check - one of my players this time around could not get his Vent to work with FG running in the foreground. He would have to make Vent the focused window so he could speak - if FG was the focus it would not pick up his voice.

None of the other players had this issue and I only mention it in case someone else experiences some strangeness with FG impacting the functionality of programs in the background.

One of the players in my group (using Team Speak 3) also ran into this issue. He ended up needing to reboot his computer to resolve it. This was using 2.6.5, not the latest test version. Just wanted to point out that someone else has run into this issue.

Griogre
August 6th, 2010, 09:15
I've had a player with the same problem where if the audio program did not have focus it did not work. This has happen in games where we used Vent and also games with TeamSpeak. These weren't the same groups of people and in both cases it only happened to one guy so it seems to be something about how that person's computer is configured.

With the player in my game using TS rebooting did not help but it seemed like he had some audio apps that did not play nice and release the sound device the way they should have. Updating the audio drivers may help fix the problem as well as making sure there is not another audio app running at the same time as the voice app you are using for FG.

bradbdavis
August 8th, 2010, 14:36
Hello, I switched to test mode and did an update.

I ran the server and client both on my machine. I loaded an existing campaign (campaign created with 2.6.x version) and joined the game with the client.

I opened an image on the server and shared it.

On the client, I clicked the red 'x' to close the image.

On the server, I clicked "update shared image", and the client got a script error window pop up saying, "Script Error: [string "scripts/template_viewerlist.lua"]:10: attempt to index local 'v' [a userdata value]." (note it would NOT let me copy /paste from the console error window, I had to retype the error message here. I clicked "copy to clipboard", but it didn't work)

I was able to reproduce more than once.

Brad

Moon Wizard
August 9th, 2010, 19:21
Brad,

That sounds like an issue from a previous build of the test version. I just tried it on my machine following the same steps with no script errors. Also, the script error shouldn't cause any issues, other than the character portraits not displaying along bottom of image.

Can you check for updates again, and make sure that you don't see any issues during the update?

Thanks,
JPG

bradbdavis
August 9th, 2010, 23:44
Hi, i was updated to 2.7.0 and no errors in the updater that I could see (I did run as admin too).

Note that I'm using "d20_jpg" AND the "pathfinder skills.ext ". I was able to cause it after doing another update. I can essentially do it everytime if I follow those steps; however, you said it is harmless, so I'm not worried about it then.

If when you try it, it doesn't happen, please repeat the steps a couple of times. I noticed that once.

unerwünscht
August 10th, 2010, 00:19
Hey brad, could I get you to try it with the default ruleset and no extensions?

Moon When using 'd20_jpg' or for that matter any of my older rulesets I can confirm this error is happening for me as well, when using the default ruleset that ships with Fantasy Grounds and no extensions it doesn't happen.

I am interested in hunting down what is causing it so I can fix my code, but I think its an error in something we have done in the past and not actually an error with the new version of Fantasy Grounds.

Hope that helps.

bradbdavis
August 10th, 2010, 01:42
Hmm. Now maybe I see what's going on--none of the other rulsesets allow the client to close a map; there are no window close options on the client side.

I checked Cthulhu, Foundation, 3.5e, etc, and they all lack the close option on the client.

d20_jpg, on the other hand DOES. So it may be as simple as removing the client's window close options to prevent this minor issue.

Wouldn't you concur?

Moon Wizard
August 10th, 2010, 01:51
The error is actually in the viewerlist template provided with the original d20 ruleset. Since almost every ruleset has used this particular template, then it happens in most rulesets. It only happens when you "re-share" a window, and the number of viewers during the re-share is less than the original number of viewers. Thus, the "close" button I added essentially revealed the issue in the script code.

You can grab the template_viewerlist.lua script file in the 4E.pak file, and replace your current one to fix the issue. I've already updated in the 4E ruleset, and plan to update the 3.5E/d20_JPG one as the next version.

Cheers,
JPG

unerwünscht
August 10th, 2010, 03:11
Nice to know.. Mind if I 'borrow' that code for fixing my rulesets for their next versions?

Spyke
August 10th, 2010, 18:25
JPG, would it be a lot of work to produce a list of the things that older rulesets based on d20 or Foundation+3.5E need to update to handle changes in 2.7 or fix issues revealed here?

I'm realising that I probably need to find time to dig through this long thread carefully and get my head round all the various developments to make sure that the GURPS ruleset is optimised for 2.7. Are there changes that will introduce or reveal problems in these older rulesets that we need to fix?

Spyke (short of time!)

Moon Wizard
August 10th, 2010, 18:33
Unerwunscht, the change is really just one line of code to empty the table which holds the small player portrait widgets. The widgets get destroyed, but invalid object references get left in the table unless it is emptied. Feel free to use the code.

Spyke, the viewerlist issue that was just brought up is the only visible issue that I am aware of for older rulesets. One other one I just thought of has to do with onMeasurePointer which has been removed and replaced with onMeasurePointerEx. Otherwise, I focused on maintaining backward compatibility, and not breaking things for old rulesets.

Cheers,
JPG

Spyke
August 10th, 2010, 18:45
Thanks, JPG. I'll take a look at those two specifically, then I can work through the rest as time permits.

Actually the onMeasurePointer one arose from ronnke's work on the grid pointers for the GURPS ruleset, so he'll probably help me out with an update there. :-)

Cheers,
Spyke

Moon Wizard
August 10th, 2010, 23:07
Test Release 15 uploaded.

FG Changes

Improve backward compatibility of updates to User.getRemoteIdentities
Improve backward compatibility of updates to imagecontrol.onMeasurePointer. (i.e. removed onMeasurePointerEx and reorganized parameters to match original event function.)

Cheers,
JPG

Spyke
August 11th, 2010, 07:54
Test Release 15 uploaded.

FG Changes

Improve backward compatibility of updates to User.getRemoteIdentities
Improve backward compatibility of updates to imagecontrol.onMeasurePointer. (i.e. removed onMeasurePointerEx and reorganized parameters to match original event function.)

Cheers,
JPG

Spyke

Moon Wizard
August 11th, 2010, 21:53
Test Release 16 uploaded. Fixed something I noticed during demos at Gencon.

Everything is looking great. Only very minor items for the last few weeks. I'm running my game with the test version tonight. If everything goes well, I plan on releasing tomorrow. More to come.

FG Changes

When middle clicking hidden chat rolls, resulting chat entry no longer uses "chat" mode for the revealed roll. (i.e. was using "chat" mode frame)

Cheers,
JPG

takhomasac
August 13th, 2010, 19:04
Everything is looking great. Only very minor items for the last few weeks. I'm running my game with the test version tonight. If everything goes well, I plan on releasing tomorrow. More to come.

Update?

I'm really looking forward to release!

Moon Wizard
August 13th, 2010, 22:21
Yes, the update is that I am still working. ;)

I found a couple items in my last game. In fact, they were ones I had seen sporadically, but hadn't been able to consistently recreate before last night. I plan to release another minor update in the next day or so, with a target release of early next week.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
August 14th, 2010, 00:55
Test Release update 17 available for testing.

FG Changes

Dragging tokens across maps caused unexpected token swapping and targeting issues. Fixed.
tokeninstance.onContainerChanged event split into 2 events: onContainerChanging (pre-change) and onContainerChanged (post-change)
Race condition could cause client crash, when requesting multiple image masks for previously shared images on startup.

4E Changes

Effects would not update on client combat tracker in some cases. Fixed.

Cheers,
JPG

TheShadow
August 14th, 2010, 22:50
This is a very minor thing that I have noticed when deleting text. If the text has bullet points and part of it is bolded I get a weird effect when I delete it.

The line that the text was on now cannot be typed on. Trying to back text up to the line causes it to jump to the end of the text above it.

This actually has been happening as far as I can remember and is not related to this particular release.

bradbdavis
August 14th, 2010, 23:06
Well, I ran a game today with the newest test release 2.7.0 update (updated it this morning) and ran into a few issues.

FYI, I'm running:

d20_jpg ruleset
pathfinder_skills.ext

I had a couple of PLAYERS attempt to drag tokens from one map to another; this caused Fantasy Grounds to crash on all our machines.

We had several script errors pop up (seemed to be benign) while updating shared images and drawings.

Finally, I also ran into issues where textboxes on the combat tracker would not let me type (focus issues--was trying to add wounds to character in tracker) on 3 different ocassions. The only solution seemed to be to task out and then back in. After that it was working again.

If I revert back to the Release version, will my campaign that has been updated / saved in version 2.7.0 still work in 2.6.5?

vodokar
August 15th, 2010, 10:19
Hi. Just wanted to add my feedback on test version 2.7. After testing it for a week, overall, I was very impressed with what I saw.

I did notice this problem, however, and it was serious enough for me that I reverted my play group back to 2.65.

Targeting seems to be broken in 2.7.

With 2.65, the active character can target an npc token or (npc token target a character token) and when the attack roll is made, it automatically does the attack vs appropriate defense lookup and reports the hit or miss result, then damage and effect results rolled also automatically get applied to the appropriate targets.

This, in my mind, in order to keep a 4E game running at a respectable pace, is an absolute necessity.

It doesn't function in 2.7. No matter what we tried, we could not get the combat tracker to report hit or miss results -- had to do the comparison manually to determine -- and damage results were only being deducted automatically some of the time and others not and had to be deducted manually -- causing much confusion as to whether damage had been applied already for a hit or not. Our first thought was maybe the character making the attack wasn't active, but that wasn't the cause.

When we reverted back to 2.65, all our problems went away. Our game session this evening went smoothly with all attack lookups working and all damage and effects being auto-applied as it is supposed to do.

As additional information, I am running all of Dr_zeuses extensions. I know he hasn't updated them for 2.7. They work well under 2.65. Not sure if that is related to the problems with this, however.

At any rate, wanted to let you know so you can check this problem out prior to taking 2.7 live, because it's a serious issue with trying to run a 4E game smoothly.

Stitched
August 15th, 2010, 10:55
Hmmm. Seems to work fine on my system, with the latest test build version (2.7.0) - see attachment.

I am using most 4E extensions; except the Image Tools.

Moon Wizard
August 15th, 2010, 19:28
TheShadow,
Thanks for the note on the formattedtext issue. I might wait on that one for another release, since it's minor and I want to get this release out. Plus, it sounds like it's already in v2.6.5.

Bradbdavis,
* I'll fire up a d20_JPG campaign and see if I can recreate the crash. You will not be able to drag tokens between maps and maintain connection to the CT until the ruleset is updated since there is extra code to support this option on the ruleset side. However, it shouldn't crash.
* There is a known issue related to focus and FG in maximized mode. It has something to do with Windows and DirectX applications, but I haven't been able to figure out why Windows doesn't send info to the application. It seems to occur when you click on the window to reactivate it without using Alt-Tab or the task bar. You can either Alt-Tab out and back in to the application, or run FG in non-maximized state (just drag to fill the visible space).
* You should not have any issues with reverting. The database format is primarily determined by the ruleset, not the application.

Vodokar,
* That is bizarre, since I have been running my 4E group for the last month with the beta version. That feature has been working fine, as Stitched noted. Can you try it again?

Thanks,
JPG

Zeus
August 15th, 2010, 20:03
moon_wizard may feel this is uncessary however here's some best practice I follow whenever a new Ruleset update that includes changes to the CT/Targeting is released:

- Clear the CT of any existing entries and re-drag/drop (N)PC entries to re-populate - this absolutely ensures any ruleset updates to CT code are applicable to entries in the CT.

Moon Wizard
August 15th, 2010, 22:26
Good advice, DrZ. I may not see issues spanning updated, because of the iterative nature of the development work.

Cheers,
JPG

primarch
August 15th, 2010, 23:46
Hi!

I have been using 2.7.0 since its been released and I have no issues with targeting.

Is the option for PC dragging and viewing effects on?

Primarch

Moon Wizard
August 16th, 2010, 00:02
Vodokar,

You can try disabling the image tools extension, since I added faction group drop to map as part of the base 4E ruleset.

Also, as primarch mentioned, check out the options to make sure Player action drops are on.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
August 16th, 2010, 00:09
Bradbdavis,

On dragging between maps,
I found the issue. I'm going to lock down dragging tokens between maps to the host for now. A client solution would take more work and testing, and I don't want to delay this version that much.

On the focus item,
Someone on the forums previously mentioned on the forums that FG will sometimes not receive wheel/focus events on one monitor, when FG stretched across multiple monitors. Not sure if if applies, but is still in the Windows odd behavior bucket for addressing.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
August 16th, 2010, 00:37
Test Release 18 available.

I'm still on track for releasing on Monday. My plan is to push the release to 2.7, and make test revert to 2.6.5 in case of major issues for a gaming group.

FG Changes

The ability to move tokens between maps is now limited to the host to prevent client crashes.
Middle clicking on chat window when not on a hidden dice roll will instead reset scrolling to the most recent chat message.

Regards,
JPG

cpbs
August 16th, 2010, 00:58
Monday as in August 15, tomorrow? :)

bradbdavis
August 16th, 2010, 01:07
Well, I had a player connect and test the newest release. The player / client was still able to drag his token from one map to another, but it did not crash.

Instead, after the player subsequently moved his token around on the map, it kept making duplicates of the token at each move. Before it was over, there were 10-15 duplicate tokens.

We both did an update a few minutes ago and tried it. So, we didn't see the client-token-drag-across-map-feature disabled.

Zeus
August 16th, 2010, 14:18
moon - Have you updated the Reference Library with the new LUA updates you are introducing in 2.7.0 or is there somewhere I can access the specifications for them in the interim?

I'm building in an Adventure Log Journal feature with Calendar support into my Partysheet extension for 4E an would like to make use of the new windowlist function scrollToWindow(). I need to understand what parameters to pass it but can't find a reference at the moment.

TVM DrZ.

EDIT: OK I have scrollToWindow working if I pass it an instance of a window from within the windowlist, however the scrolling stops with the windowinstance I require at the bottom of the visible list, how can I get the scrolling to scroll the list such that the window instance I require is the first entry thats visible in the list?

Moon Wizard
August 16th, 2010, 19:06
Bradbdavis,
The drag across maps is disabled for the client. Instead, I reverted the behavior to how v2.6.5 works, in which a copy of the token is created whenever a token is dragged off of the map. I figured this was the best way to do it for backward compatibility, as well as allowing players to show you a copy of their token on other maps without losing the linkage to the CT.

DrZ,
Currently, the scrollToWindow only supports scrolling the window into the visible area of the list. The current format to make the call is windowlist.scrollToWindow(windowinstance, windowcontrol), where windowinstance is a child window of the list, and windowcontrol is a control within the child window.

Cheers,
JPG

bradbdavis
August 16th, 2010, 19:57
OK, understood.

But, I think there is still an issue here, correct me if I am mistaken...

1.) client drags token from map A to map B
2.) copy of token is made on map B, old token is still on A. great!
3.) player then drags token on map B around the map--each move that is made results in more copies. If you move the token around on map B, you end up with a copy for each drag of the token.

see attached screenshot.

Is this the intended behavior?

Moon Wizard
August 16th, 2010, 20:10
No, it's not. I didn't see that in my testing, but I was primarily looking for issues between maps.

I guess that's the first official bug of the new release. ;)

JPG

KlCrash
August 18th, 2010, 05:03
I have been running the test release 2.7.0.

I launched and updated and now I am at 2.6.5

Looks like the updater put an older version back on.

I tried the faction drag to map, that had been in 2.7 and its gone.

"With every release there is a little drama"

Hye Roler
August 18th, 2010, 06:17
Sounds like you need to re-run the TestModeManager.exe utility again and set it to 'Release' instead of 'Test'. I had the same issue until I realized I needed to make the switch after 2.7 went official.

KlCrash
August 18th, 2010, 15:57
Thanks for the hint, I'll give it a try.

KlCrash
August 18th, 2010, 16:07
That was the issue. Thanks again.

demadog
August 20th, 2010, 17:11
Hi All,

Our group had several crashes last night while running 2.7 and the 4E_jpg with a few of Dr. Zuess's great extentions; Fonts, Items, and Personalities. We had a host and 6 clients running, with 2 clients also logged into their "pet" characters. It seemed to me that the crashes happened when applying or erasing effects to/from multiple targets. Are there any log files I can gather? Or any other info that might help?

Thanks,

Al

Moon Wizard
August 20th, 2010, 22:33
Demadog,

If you can help me by providing more detail on the situation that caused the crash, that would help a lot. Step-by-step instructions on how to create in a new campaign are the most useful, since I can recreate at will.

Also, is there a reason you are running 4E_JPG instead of 4E, or are you actually running the latest 4E ruleset shipped with 2.7? I'm wondering if the crashes might be related to older 4E code, or the newer code.

Thanks for your help,
JPG

demadog
August 20th, 2010, 23:11
Sorry, it was indeed the 4E ruleset included in 2.7. I'd gotten used to calling it 4e_jpg.

The first crash seemed to happen after one of the characters used the new target all allies button and then tried to apply and effect from their mini-sheet. The second crash seemed to occur a little differently. I had used the target all enemies button for one of the monsters, rolled a attack, and then applied damage and a dazed until end of next turn effect. That part went ok, but then after the round had gone full circle and I moved the turn counter to the next person in the CT after the monster that applied the affect it seemed to lock up and crash there, perhaps trying to remove the effect from all the players. After that event there was ironically an update available, which we all took.

Thats my best guess anyhow.

Al

cpbs
August 21st, 2010, 23:36
Script Error: [string "scripts/charsheet_fullattack.lua"]:12: attempt to index local 'v' (a userdata value)

Ruleset: d20_jpg

Got this error trying to modify the second attack in the weapons section. The second attack gets a "-2" and when I used the mouse wheel to input the minus it threw up that error. Although when trying recreate it, nothing happened.

Moon Wizard
August 22nd, 2010, 09:19
Thanks for the info.

Cpbs, The d20_JPG is another widgets ruleset issue, that I'm working on backward compatibility patches for.

Demadog, You should try redragging the tokens from the CT to the map, just to eliminate any token linking issues, but nothing my group hasn't done. It would be great if you could play around with the test version further if you have a chance, so you can help me recreate.

Thanks,
JPG

cpbs
August 23rd, 2010, 02:57
Thanks for the info.

Cpbs, The d20_JPG is another widgets ruleset issue, that I'm working on backward compatibility patches for.

Thanks,
JPG

On further testing, I found out that the error happened whenever two people were editing the same character sheet in the same stat block at the same time.

VenomousFiligree
August 23rd, 2010, 09:30
I often get problems with sheets being opening by two people, what is actually meant to happen when two people are editing the same sheet/note?

Moon Wizard
August 23rd, 2010, 17:47
It depends on whether the underlying data is owned by the client or not. In the case of character sheets, the client usually owns the data. In that case, the data will get synchronized between the host and client as it is changed by each side. The host always maintains the "master" copy of the data.

Even though the issue occurred when 2 people were editing, I looked at the script generating the error and it was a widgets issue. Essentially, the little dice that appear in the #attacks field.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
August 26th, 2010, 00:51
v2.7.2 has been released to testing via the Dev option in the Test Mode Manager.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13077

Please take it for a spin, especially if you play using a non-D&D ruleset.

Thanks,
JPG

Sigurd
September 27th, 2010, 18:40
Running the developer release I can't get a list of slash commands. An empty slash brings up the Vote routine.

Griogre
October 4th, 2010, 09:15
Sometimes, the DM is unable to make any NPC rolls and when he tries a console error is generated. This one has been driving me nuts. I finally found a way to always reproduce it though I believe there are other ways to get it. This happens in both 2.7.1 and 2.7.2 and not in 2.6.5.

To reproduce open an image/map and drag and drop a token from the token box onto the map. You don't want the token linked to the combat tracker. Then drag the token from the map to the FG Desktop. Drag the token from the desktop back onto the map and try to rotate it. You will get the following Console error message: Script Error: [string "scripts/imagewindow_image.lua"]:227: attempt to index global 'Input' (a userdata value) Alternatively, if you have an unlinked token on a map you can just drag the token to the desktop and then back onto the map and rotate it to get the same console error.

Once you have triggered the above error, then try to drag any die (ie attack, damage) off an NPC anywhere, IE from Combat Tracker, an open NPC in List Personality, or an NPC opened from the Library List. It won't work and you will get this error repeated a dozen or so times: Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_rules.lua"]:913: attempt to index global 'Input' (a userdata value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_rules.lua"]:913: attempt to index global 'Input' (a userdata value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_rules.lua"]:913: attempt to index global 'Input' (a userdata value)

It's this error (the 913 one) where I can't drag or double click an attack that I have been getting occasionally while running combats, usually ones where I add a new monster like black pudding spawns during the middle of a fight or in a rolling combat where unlinked guard tokens are linked up to the tracker as they take damage but I could not get the error to reproduce consistently until I moved a token off and back on a map.

Once you are in this state you have to shut down the server to get out of it. The PC's don't seem affected at all.

Moon Wizard
October 5th, 2010, 01:32
Thanks for the details, Griogre.

I can recreate immediately anytime that a token is dragged from an image to the FG desktop. Dragging from token box to desktop is fine.

I've been reviewing for a bit now, and whatever the issue is, it's not straightforward to identify or address. I'll continue looking into it.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
October 5th, 2010, 21:41
Got it. Another case of v2.6.5 not deleting LUA objects correctly, which in turn allowed bad code to survive. Since v2.7 is much better about memory management, it surfaced the issue.

Let me check a bit more on the forums for any other items, and I'll push an update to the server.

Cheers,
JPG

Griogre
October 6th, 2010, 04:24
Thanks JPG, that one was really getting to me.