PDA

View Full Version : [ERROR] Sharing Adventure Module Images

Xorn
July 15th, 2010, 00:28
With the latest update for 2.7.0 in the test mode, I'm getting the error sharing Maps & Images from an adventure module (exported campaign module). I tried sharing an image from a module in both 2.7.0 and 2.6.5 and I get the error every time in 2.7.0, but it shares just fine in 2.6.5. It doesn't matter if the campaign/export is created in Release or Test, just which version I'm trying to share it in. Could some people do this as well and see if they get the same error:

Create a new campaign (call it "Testing")
Add an image to the campaign (mine was "a1.jpg")
Do /export (name "Testing", file "testing.mod", check all sections, radial Export)

Now open another campaign (in 2.6.5) and connect to it with a player client ("localhost"). Open the module, open the image, and share it. It should share just fine.

Now open the same campaign (in 2.7.0) and connect with a player client, open the module and share it. You probably started getting errors after opening the map, and then sharing it. The error should look like:

Could not complete file transfer of file campaign/a1.jpg (HTTP/1.1 404 NOT FOUND). Check your network configuration.

I had the same results when I had someone connect to my host game remotely. If I shared an image in the active campaign there was no issue, and if I switched back to 2.6.5 it worked fine as well. It's only when I try to share an exported campaign image in the latest 2.7.0 that I had this issue arise. I've had it happen before, but re-exporting fixed it (I've used 2.7.0 for all the tutorial videos including the module creation and example of play).

Since this last update I flat out can't get an exported campaign image to share over 2.7.0!

Xorn
July 15th, 2010, 00:47
Incidentally, this happened for Tenian when we tried to use 2.7.0 tonight (we used it fine last Wed); going back to 2.6.5 allowed him to share images again. Hopefully it's easy to figure out what changed in the last update. :P

(Note: Tenian's module was created by parsing, not /export, so this looks to be a module image issue, not /export.)

Moon Wizard
July 15th, 2010, 02:03
Actually, it was a combination of modules creation and module sharing issues in 2.7. It's all related to a bunch of changes to the way module data is accessed internally in order to prevent crashes. I think I have it addressed in my current dev version, and should be in the next test release.

Now, if I can just figure out what is causing the Mac flickering, and we'll be in good shape again.

Cheers,
JPG

Xorn
July 15th, 2010, 03:24
Good to hear JPG, thanks for the quick response.