PDA

View Full Version : Cannot find d20 modules.

jcdf
July 14th, 2010, 18:50
On the demo videos it said that the d20 essential modules, d20 Spells, d20 Monsters, d20 Magic items and d20 Basic Rules come preloaded. I am unable to find any modules or anything at all in the library.

I know they are not essential for playing a game, but it is helpful to have some stuff to start off with.

Spyke
July 14th, 2010, 20:50
Daft question but we need to get it out the way, have you created and loaded a d20 campaign? The modules are ruleset specific, so would only appear if you were in a d20 game.

Note the latest version of FG2 comes with a ruleset for 3.5E. If you create a 3.5E campaign you should see a set of 3.5E modules (rather than the old ones badged d20).

Spyke

jcdf
July 14th, 2010, 22:32
Yes I have created a 3.5E campaign and a 4E campaign and a foundation campaign and it is exactly the same with all of them, there is nothing in the Module Activation box.

The only exception is with the Savage Worlds ruleset. When I create a Savage Worlds campaign there is SWEX GM GUIDE and the SWEX PLAYER GUIDE modules in the Module Activation box.

Phystus
July 15th, 2010, 00:31
There aren't any for 4e as Wizards won't let anyone "reprint" that stuff. So no surprise there.

But the 3.5E ones should be there. Even a Lite license can see those. Even while not connected to a game.

From your start menu go to Start>Run>All Programs>Fantasy Grounds II>Application Data Folder. Open up the Modules directory. You should see them there. If they aren't, try downloading the d20 ruleset from the downloads page, and see if the d20 ones show up.

~P

jcdf
July 15th, 2010, 01:08
There aren't any for 4e as Wizards won't let anyone "reprint" that stuff. So no surprise there.

But the 3.5E ones should be there. Even a Lite license can see those. Even while not connected to a game.

From your start menu go to Start>Run>All Programs>Fantasy Grounds II>Application Data Folder. Open up the Modules directory. You should see them there. If they aren't, try downloading the d20 ruleset from the downloads page, and see if the d20 ones show up.

~P
I downloaded the d20-Ruleset-Setup.exe and ran it. No new modules appeared in the Modules directory. All that there is in the Modules directory is swex_gm_final.mod and swex_pg_final.mod.

I am running Windows Vista, could that be a problem?

Phystus
July 15th, 2010, 03:16
I downloaded the d20-Ruleset-Setup.exe and ran it. No new modules appeared in the Modules directory. All that there is in the Modules directory is swex_gm_final.mod and swex_pg_final.mod.

I am running Windows Vista, could that be a problem?

I think possibly. I seem to recall some people having an issue if they installed it as administrator or some such thing. I didn't pay a lot of attention since I don't have Vista. Run a search on 'Vista administrator' and see what you come up with.

~P

jcdf
July 15th, 2010, 12:26
I think possibly. I seem to recall some people having an issue if they installed it as administrator or some such thing. I didn't pay a lot of attention since I don't have Vista. Run a search on 'Vista administrator' and see what you come up with.

~P
I solved it!

It is a Windows Vista problem. It was installing the modules to:

C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\modules

When Fantasy Grounds was accessing files from:

C:\Users\James\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\modules

I just copy and pasted them from one to the other.

Thanks for all the help Phystus. :)

Phystus
July 16th, 2010, 01:32
You're welcome. I'm glad I could help.

~P