PDA

View Full Version : Bored 3.5 player

Darkalloy
July 14th, 2010, 12:59
Yep I'm a bored 3.5 player. Anyway I've been looking for a game for a while now. To no avail, I'm sure the two months my computer spent dead didn't help it any either. Well lets see I'm pretty experienced with both 3.5 and FGII, I forget things and after a few monthes of no games I may seem slow untill I get back in to the swing of things.

For the most part I enjoy the RP aspect of the games over combat and other things. Backstories, orginizations and such stuff for me add a big part to the game. Combat however does play a role for me aswell, if I am not having fun while in combat it kinda removes some of the fun from RP for me aswell.

Now I guess I had better tell you about how I like to play. I prefer not to play any race from the PHB, don't ask me why I just seem to kill them off. Hmm... could have to do with the fact the first PHB race I played was killed by the DM 40 seconds after the introduction of it, Who knows. Anyway I prefer to play classes and/or styles of combat that msot I have played with question. For instance a Kenku bard who uses a whip or a Neraphim master thrower who is afraid of melee combat. There is more to that but I would rather not rant about it. So as for how I play. Generally I like to BS with the group before the game acctually starts and after it ends. It seems to make the game more enjoyable. During the game I usally stay in character you know unless I need to ask something. Anyway I think I have begun to rant... Yay! Insomnia.

Welp anyway I'd love to get into a game, even if I do have to play a PHB race. However 4th is not an edition I would like to play. I'd list some reasons, but I'm begining to rant again.:D

Edit reason: aixelsyd eeew ((Backward translation Weee Dyslexia.))

Nydhog
July 18th, 2010, 03:41
I am thinking of purchasing the UL to make it so my fiance might play a game on here as well. She loves 3.5/Pathfinder. I'd be willing to run.

Kaloth
July 19th, 2010, 23:52
I also would like to toss my hat into this ring, if people are still looking for more players. I have only the vaguest of ideas what my schedule is going to wind up looking like next year, but I've been forced to drop my campaign. I'd like to hop in on another campaign (hopefully a little more RP intensive than my other campaigns) since I don't think I'll be able to host.

(On a side and completely irrelevant note, I've always wanted to find a game that will let me play as a binder from the tome of magic, but as I said that is irrelevant.)

Right I think that is semi-coherent. Anyways, I'd love to be included in another campaign regardless.

Sid1120
July 20th, 2010, 20:00
I'd be willing to create a homebrew 3.5e campaign if I have some serious players.

I am very busy so I wouldn't have time to prepare the adventures a lot at first (pointless to prepare if people start , but I am otherwise dedicated and would be ready for a weekly, week-end session.

I work in civil engineering and love it, so except a lot of steam-punk, sewers and puzzles. Magic would be kept to a minimum, where magic users are regarded in awe and taking the path of an arcane character might be quite a challenge.

I emphasize RP and puzzle solving over battles, as I find it unrealistic to defeat 1000x foes. On the other hand, making the most out of fights will be really important as I expect to prepare few, but challenging battles where characters should also try to tip the outcome of the battle in their favor in terms of politics.

I'll just retake the old campaign I tried to start ages ago, so if interesting try joining the Redemption of Doren campaign in the calendar.

Nydhog
August 7th, 2010, 05:17
what day and time?