PDA

View Full Version : Sunday night Savage Worlds game needs players

mac40k
July 12th, 2010, 02:33
We have a Sunday evening game at 7pm EST (GMT -5) with alternating GM's. We just wrapped up a Deadlands:Reloaded game and had planned to start War of the Dead (zombie apocalypse), but we've lost a few players and would like to recruit a few more before kicking it off. We play for 3 hours, but occasionally might run over a bit. I'm also open to the possibility of starting a half hour earlier as well. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Mask_of_winter
July 12th, 2010, 03:23
We're a good group of guys and GM's. Come and join us for some good fun. We use Skype. If you don't know the Savage Worlds rules or setting its fine. You'll pick it up pretty easily and quickly.

mac40k
July 12th, 2010, 18:24
Thanks for catching the bit about Skype. In my haste I forgot to mention it myself. Mask is the other GM, which I should have also mentioned.

Here's some additional clarification. Mask and I trade off GM duties periodically, but each run separate settings, it's not a shared world and we don't alternate every other week. Currently, I'm looking to start WotD once we get enough players and will run that for approx. 6 weeks. After that, I'll turn over the reins to Mask, who'll either run another adventure in DL:R or maybe something else.

While I can't speak for Mask, one of the things that makes WotD good for an online game is that the PCs are traveling with a larger cast of NPCs, so when real life interferes, as it inevitably does, it's easier than some other settings to rationalize away a particular PC being less active that particular episode. They just fade into the background. It's also equally easy to explain their being more active once again when the player returns the following week. So while I'm looking for dedicated gamers that can generally commit to a weekly game (and being on time since we only play for 3 hours), we won't have to cancel whenever one person doesn't show up.

Also note that you can sign up for WotD even if you aren't interested in DL:R or whatever else Mask cooking up. :D Although it sounds as if I'm being purely selfish, I know he won't be offended as we've already discussed this.

Astinus
July 13th, 2010, 21:51
Hi guys

I'm interested in a Sunday evening game.

I've been GMing my own Castles & Crusades game in FG for a few years now (with old high school buddies scattered around the world). But I recently got the Savage Worlds books and ruleset and would love to relax as a player and check it out.

It'd also be nice to play with people in my timezone for a change. 4am gaming starts are harsh :o

I'll wait to hear from you here, or by PM.

Cheers

Astinus

Robbo
October 5th, 2010, 13:51
Thanks for catching the bit about Skype. In my haste I forgot to mention it myself. Mask is the other GM, which I should have also mentioned.

Here's some additional clarification. Mask and I trade off GM duties periodically, but each run separate settings, it's not a shared world and we don't alternate every other week. Currently, I'm looking to start WotD once we get enough players and will run that for approx. 6 weeks. After that, I'll turn over the reins to Mask, who'll either run another adventure in DL:R or maybe something else.

While I can't speak for Mask, one of the things that makes WotD good for an online game is that the PCs are traveling with a larger cast of NPCs, so when real life interferes, as it inevitably does, it's easier than some other settings to rationalize away a particular PC being less active that particular episode. They just fade into the background. It's also equally easy to explain their being more active once again when the player returns the following week. So while I'm looking for dedicated gamers that can generally commit to a weekly game (and being on time since we only play for 3 hours), we won't have to cancel whenever one person doesn't show up.

Also note that you can sign up for WotD even if you aren't interested in DL:R or whatever else Mask cooking up. :D Although it sounds as if I'm being purely selfish, I know he won't be offended as we've already discussed this.

May I ask how your WotD campaign turned out? I am considering running it, but I have never played Savage Worlds before, nor have my players. Is WotD a good place to start?

I am a veteran at running a 4E campaign on Fantasy Grounds, and I am hopeful this will give me an edge in figuring out the FG Savage World ruleset.

Was it difficult to turn the WotD PDF into a FG campaign? I would expect that I would only import NPCs, maps, items, and images.