PDA

View Full Version : L5r

Kane8404
July 11th, 2010, 21:27
Any interest in implementing an L5R rule set? I think this would compliment that system very well...

lordmalachdrim
August 15th, 2010, 01:35
I'd love to see one but sadly I don't have the time it'd take to put one together. Not that I'd really know where to start even if I had the time.

ddavison
August 15th, 2010, 02:37
We have a license which allows the conversion of L5R. We are presently waiting for AEG to send us some of the files to work from. I don't believe we have any developers tapped for this project yet though.

lordmalachdrim
August 15th, 2010, 02:44
Now that's what I call good news.

Belizan
September 17th, 2010, 14:03
Very good news!!

darkivel
October 3rd, 2010, 16:43
Any updates on this?

Valarian
October 3rd, 2010, 17:48
I'd love to see a ruleset developed, and would be willing to contribute - though free time to do development is still scarce currently. I think the die mechanic would be difficult to code for. It's a roll and keep system, with exploding dice and a cap on ten dice (adding more to the results kept for dice over 10). I've just bought 4th edition and I'm impressed.

darkivel
October 5th, 2010, 20:53
My husband whipped up a little python script for die rolling in our current game, so I can't imagine it would be too complicated. Even to take into account emphases and the occasional exploding 9.

andersoncds
January 20th, 2011, 19:13
I'm tempted to try. I just got the book and I am preparing a L5R campaign to play on FG so if any of you are still interested in make a ruleset I can help (mainly on graphic stuff, but with some code too).

solidsamurai
February 6th, 2011, 22:45
We have a license which allows the conversion of L5R. We are presently waiting for AEG to send us some of the files to work from. I don't believe we have any developers tapped for this project yet though.

How'd you go about obtaining the license in the first place?

drahkar
February 7th, 2011, 00:34
Smiteworks, or sometimes people in the community, make contact with the publishers behind the game. The Publishers then speak with Smiteworks and negotiate a deal. Then a developer or developers sign on to create the ruleset. Content makers sign on to make the modules and other content. Its a fantastic relationship because the users get access to materials in a finished form that allow them to play online, quick and easy.

dsakura
May 19th, 2011, 20:45
We can make the ruleset without profit i guess. I can help too to make the ruleset of L5R 4e.

Lets unite n create!

DS

lordmalachdrim
June 12th, 2011, 18:20
I'd help but my time is limited and my coding skills more so. Mostly these days I find myself being asked by friends/players to organize listings of stuff in games. (Palladium Fantasy = all skills, OCCs, etc / Warhammer FRP 2nd Ed = all careers / and so on)

dsakura
June 12th, 2011, 19:51
Nice lordmalachdrim! I create the post about this, check there ur help and what u can do.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14695

These days I'm havent time too, but already started the sheet.

Thx!

DS