PDA

View Full Version : Ruleset .pak not showing up within application.

WinterNightz
July 11th, 2010, 06:33
I'm pretty sure this is just a case of me being completely inept, but I don't know where else to look for help.

I'm using the most recent version/patch (just downloaded for the first time onto the computer today. Last time I used FG2 was about 2 years ago and I have since upgraded to Win7.

ANYWAYS, IMPORTANT STUFF:

I'm running the lite version (considering upgrading in the near future), and I recently got the installer from

https://sites.google.com/site/fgexalted/Downloads

to try and play around with making some exalted characters. After running the installer, there's the nice looking exalted2e.pak file in the program directory, but when I open the program and go to manage characters, there's still just the 3.5e, 4e, and foundation that it came with.

I'm pretty sure there's something incredibly obvious that I'm missing, but I can't figure it out for the life of me. Sorry for the trouble!

Valarian
July 11th, 2010, 06:57
Where did you put the pak file? In order for the file to be picked up, the file needs to be put in to the program files folder for FGII. This is unlike unpacked rulesets, which go in the application data rulesets folder.

Edit: just re-read the post. This is what comes of posting before completely awake. If the pak file is in the programs folder, it should show up. There used to be a registry requirement, but I think this was removed a few versions ago.

WinterNightz
July 11th, 2010, 07:01
It's in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds II"
right next to 3.5E.pak, 4E.pak, foundation.pak, launcher.pak, and FantasyGrounds.exe. I'm hoping this isn't something as ridiculous as me just needing to restart my computer. I'll be trying that right now.

update: yeah, that didn't do anything. still the same deal.

Moon Wizard
July 12th, 2010, 02:02
Looking at the code, the only three reasons that the ruleset would not show up are:

* PAK file not in the working directory for the application
* Invalid PAK file
* Missing base.xml in the PAK file

You should see if you can contact the creator of the Exalted ruleset for help.

Cheers,
JPG

Phystus
July 12th, 2010, 02:39
I'm not sure about the Exalted ruleset in particular, but most rulesets are intended to be used only with the Full or Ultimate license. The players download the information from the GM when they sign on.

Also, not many rulesets fully support creating local characters. I'm not sure about Exalted, as I haven't used it, that might be the problem.

~P