PDA

View Full Version : 4E: Keep on the Shadowfell

zenile
July 10th, 2010, 04:40
So, I'm still trying to teach myself the software and I figure the best way to learn is to dive right in.

I'm looking at running H1: Keep on the Shadowfell. I'll be running a Forgotten Realms conversion, but obviously if you've been through the Keep once or twice, this game might not be for you (unless you can play your PC appropriately). I would like for this game to be aimed at people who are new to FG2 and 4th Edition, who don't mind going through the few bumps and bruises that will come along with a new DM to the software. If the group runs well enough, then I will eventually expand the adventure accordingly (H2 through H3 perhaps).

I'm planning on a Wednesday or Thursday evening game starting at 8:00 pm CST (-5 GMT I believe) and gaming till about 11pm cst (3 hours or so).

If your interested, reply here or send me a pm with your availability and class you'd like to play.

rogueserpent
July 10th, 2010, 20:25
Played the the very beginning of that and the group fell apart. I have to figure out the time zone thing but I am interested.

rogueserpent
July 10th, 2010, 20:27
Oh your on my time, thats perfect. Im running a game with people today and tomorrow so Ill be ready to go. Just let me know the time and I will be there Im free every night. Will you use a headset?

gschlosser
July 11th, 2010, 00:38
I am new to FG (experienced player) and would love to play if you have any openings. I am happy to play any role.

Greg Schlosser
[email protected]
810-423-3274

rogueserpent
July 11th, 2010, 03:00
I used the software today to game and it was great. I cant wait to play again, very simple for the PC's. I have no clue about DM complexities... but Im sure its not so tough.

zenile
July 11th, 2010, 04:09
Great to see there's some interest. Can you guys send me a pm or post in this thread with your skype contact info and what classes you plan on playing. Maybe we can try to get together sometime next week and work on characters?

gschlosser
July 12th, 2010, 21:28
Don't have a Skype yet, but plan on getting one after gaming with FG for the first time last night. I could hear everyone, but couldn't talk and I slowed them down. Talking would make it almost exactly like a live game.

Jakadasnake
July 13th, 2010, 03:39
I haven't purchased the software yet but will if I can find a good group to run with. I'm available most of the time and prefer playing leader. Definitely starting new at level one, but I play tabletop all the time. Let me know if there's a spot open!

zenile
July 13th, 2010, 05:13
So how does next Wednesday night, July 21st, at 8pm central standard time work for everyone for a character creation session?

So far, we have:

1) Greg Schlosser - No decision on role
2) rogueserpent - No decision on role
3) templarghost - Dragonborn Paladin
4) Jakadasnake - Leader (no class selected yet)

I'd like to get at least 6 players so we can be prepared for attrition, people not being able to make it or what not. So if anyone's still interested, let me know :D

templarghost
July 14th, 2010, 00:12
Sorry for the lateness of my response! I finally decided what character I would like to play (though not really knowing what type of characters the other players want to play didn't really help either...).

Anyway, hope you guys like adventuring alongside a Dragonborn Paladin of Bahamut.
Also, I had no idea what sort of stat build system the DM wants to use, so I went with the 22 point-buy system integrated in the DDI CharBuilder (a nifty little tool I heartily recommend to everyone in the group...if they would like to use it, of course).
I'll refrain myself from posting detailed info on the build, since this sort of things should be discussed in-game, most likely during the first session, but impressions are nonetheless welcome...albeit ones made in a cordial manner:P!

One other (and for now last thing) I'd like to ask/suggest regards the role of the cleric aka field medic (apologies if anyone at all is upset by this crude analogy): who should/would take upon himself such role and somewhat forgo the glory of combat in favour of supporting (valiantly no less!!!) the efforts of his allies. If no one wants to, then I'd be more than willing to do it, although if this is not the case I'd much rather resume my initial position as paladin/defender in the group.

As a final note, sincerely hope I haven't been too much of a nuisance and see you at the first game!

AcreKnight
July 14th, 2010, 04:46
Hi, I would love to join this game. I hope there is room. My first choice is to play a Human Wizard, but I will happily fill any role needed. My Skype id is acreknight & my email address is [email protected].

zenile
July 14th, 2010, 04:49
Great Acre...welcome aboard. I'm trying to set-up a character generation for next Wednesday, 8pm Central Standard Time so we can all get together and introduce ourselves. Let me know if you can make it next week.

To recap, so far we have:

1) Greg Schlosser - No decision on role
2) rogueserpent - No decision on role
3) templarghost - Dragonborn Paladin
4) Jakadasnake - Leader (no class selected yet)
5) Acreknight - Human Wizard
6) AgentMike - Avenger of Sune

Oh, and guess I should let everyone know my skype id is zenile13 and my email address is [email protected]

gschlosser
July 14th, 2010, 22:28
I got your Skype request and have added you to my contact Paul.

Jakadasnake: you want to play the field medic mentioned earlier this thread? If so, I think I will just be a meatshield of some kind. If someone else wants that (I am easy and like to play different characters) I can play a striker, probably a rogue, but I need to look at the Character Creator first.

Greg (Skype greglschlosser)
[email protected]
810-423-3274 (call or text, i truly don't mind)

zenile
July 16th, 2010, 03:06
I'm still looking for a couple of players for this game if anyone thought they might be interested. A couple of players haven't confirmed if they can make it or not, so if you've been itching to try out FG2 and are looking for a new group, this might be the game for you :D

zenile
July 17th, 2010, 15:48
So far, we have the following 4 players confirmed for Wednesday night.

1) Acreknight - Human Wizard
2) Templar Ghost - Dragonborn Paladin
3) gschlosser - no decision on race/class yet
4) rogueserpent - no decision on race/class yet
5) Gordon1981 - Dragonborn Wizard

I haven't heard back from Jakadasnake yet. Ideally, I'd like to have 5 or 6 players in case someone can't make it one week, so if anyone is still interested, we have room :D

Also, someone will probably need to take on a leader type role (doesn't have to be a cleric, Warlords can be fun too), but you will definitely need one I would think.

Dracenfels
July 17th, 2010, 19:53
Still got room?

zenile
July 17th, 2010, 22:21
Sure, do. I'll add you to the list if you want in...any idea what class you plan on playing?

We plan on gathering this Wednesday night, 8 pm CST for character generation. I"ll need your Skype ID to add you to the group as well.

Czarisyn
July 18th, 2010, 02:38
Too bad its Wednesday for your game day...I'd love to play for a change

Dracenfels
July 18th, 2010, 03:37
I'll make a leader if you need one but I must have read wrong I was under the impression it was a Thursday game...I cannot commit to Wednesdays cause I have meetings on that day after the summer ends but if it's just for character creation and we will play thursday then I could commit to that...let me know and sorry for the confusion.

Dracenfels
July 18th, 2010, 03:45
I'll make a leader if you need one but I must have read wrong I was under the impression it was a Thursday game...I cannot commit to Wednesdays cause I have meetings on that day after the summer ends but if it's just for character creation and we will play thursday then I could commit to that...let me know and sorry for the confusion.

gordon1981
July 18th, 2010, 19:37
I will join. I will need more info on skype (never used). My Character will be a Dragonborn wizard named Dorinn. If thats ok? I have been tinkering with the FG PC creator and think I have everything set right (after watching the tutorial). This will be my first time on FG, so please keep that in mind.:)

gordon1981
July 18th, 2010, 20:10
Alright skype is setup...I have add'd those contacts mentioned. My skype name is gordon.1981 :)

zenile
July 22nd, 2010, 02:13
Guys I'm having pc issues...will be on as spoon as possible..posting from my phone