PDA

View Full Version : HeroQuest

cjl1138
July 9th, 2010, 16:43
Is anyone working on a HeroQuest ruleset? The narrative style of this game should fit in perfectly with FG.

Blue Haven
July 9th, 2010, 21:47
You´re talking about the Warhammer Hero Quest...or the other one...?

Invain63
July 13th, 2010, 22:59
Is anyone working on a HeroQuest ruleset? The narrative style of this game should fit in perfectly with FG.
I was playing around with it a bit but didn't get very far. I am still trying to teach myself XML and Lua programming.

In the short run, I just made a desktop graphic and used one of the generic character sheet extensions.

-Kevin McD

Invain63
July 13th, 2010, 23:05
BTW, making a ruleset that automates HQ (the Moon Design game) rules would not be simple since it involves comparing the dice rolls of different actors - GM vs PC, PC vs PC, etc. That is why I defaulted to a generic sheet and did the actual game mechanics offline.

-Kevin McD

Karazax
August 7th, 2010, 18:26
On a similar note I imagine the upcoming Castle Ravenloft board game would be a really straight forward conversion considering it's 4e D&D roots. There is a nice unboxing video from gencon here:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/551240/found-an-unboxing-video-on-youtube

Stordyr
September 18th, 2011, 09:35
I'm looking at least for a character sheet for heroquest RPG..
does anyone have one?

regards

Stordyr

Invain63
September 27th, 2011, 22:25
I'm looking at least for a character sheet for heroquest RPG..
does anyone have one?Stordyr
IIRC I used the Base ruleset with the Generic Rules Extension (see the FG wiki). You also might be able to use the Any System Extension.

None of the above are in active development, though.

-KevinMcD

rule of three
July 2nd, 2012, 23:14
I've done this ruleset (based on 2.9 d3.5). It's still an alpha version but it's fonctionnal : character sheet, "combat tracker" for extended conflict, and "battle" for conflict creation.
Some bugs to delete, some functions to add and it will be there soon.

Stordyr
July 3rd, 2012, 06:56
Sounds awesome... :)

Invain63
July 6th, 2012, 16:58
I've done this ruleset (based on 2.9 d3.5). It's still an alpha version but it's fonctionnal : character sheet, "combat tracker" for extended conflict, and "battle" for conflict creation.
Some bugs to delete, some functions to add and it will be there soon.
Great! Thanks for working on this.

Stordyr
July 6th, 2012, 22:34
I'm totally looking forward to this. When I told my wife, someone is going to work on a ruleset she immediately asked me to prepare a story...

rule of three
July 7th, 2012, 08:33
The character sheet, the "roll dice engine", the pnj sheet and the conflict creation table are done. I've already create a umbrella key-word management but I've to integrate the possibility of a keyword without the umbrella option.

I'm working on :
* a non-automatized combat tracker (too many subcases of conflicts to create a simple interface) with options to give players permission to view it all or a part of it.
* a second interface for a community tracker.

I've send a email to Moon Design for graphisms or more complex automatized fonctions but I've no response yet. So, the ruleset will have the same graphics than dd3.5. You will have to customize at your taste.

Stordyr
July 7th, 2012, 10:46
Again.. sounds just awesome... can't wait to try this ;)

rule of three
August 2nd, 2012, 12:53
It's nearly done. The combat tracker is semi-automatized but it was long : it's not really easy to modify the global Combat tracker DB for a client :)

Stordyr
August 2nd, 2012, 16:28
maybe you want to post some teaser screenshots? :)

rule of three
September 16th, 2012, 11:18
Ok, it's done. :)
There are still some minor bugs but I will upload alpha version soon.

Stordyr
September 16th, 2012, 14:17
yay.... All hail the bandit king :)

rule of three
October 1st, 2012, 22:22
Ok. I'm trying to understand how to upload it to FGII wiki, and fail. My login is ok, I can do it with my OSRIC ruleset but don't know how to create a new entry for HQ2.
I will upload it somewhere tonight, to late for me now... :)

Moon Design gives no response to my two or three emails. So, the skin is so very basic (the dd35 one) and there is no reference to Glorantha.

The charsheet can be use :
- to create keyword,
- to roll augment roll (CTLR+ drag and roll or double-click)
- to chance CT entry (player has to select that option on is charsheet)

The Combat Tracker can be use :
- to drag-and-drop result from chat
- to roll dices
- to give standard results of a conflict
- to set basic or augment difficulty

There is a communauty tracker based on CT.

NPN abilities can be set as "[ 5M2 ]" or "[ very high ]"

This is an alpha version and I don't delete yet all the dd35 ruleset parts that are not used. I will be easier to change or add something later.

Invain63
October 1st, 2012, 22:44
Moon Design gives no response to my two or three emails

I just sent Jeff an email to see if my vast and potent influence (kidding) with Moon Design can get things moving. Otherwise, I am looking forward to seeing your work!

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

-Kevin McD

Stordyr
October 2nd, 2012, 08:14
Yay. y. Group will love this nrws. I can't wait to try this....

rule of three
October 2nd, 2012, 21:41
Temporary link before the upload on Wiki :

HEROQUEST2 (https://pagesperso-orange.fr/moonpiesminiatures/hq2/Heroquest%202.zip)

Feel free to comment.