PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions

Grain
July 7th, 2010, 16:14
Hey guys,

Had my first real gameplay session this past monday and a few questions were raised that I'm trying to find answers for, but am having trouble:

1. Is it possible for players to view other character sheets?
2. Is there any way to remove the player's maps always snapping back to the DM's position?
3. Is it possible for players to zoom on the map?
4. How do you apply magical inventory to your character sheet?
5. How can you change the DM's portrait?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EugeneZ
July 8th, 2010, 00:01
Hey guys,

Had my first real gameplay session this past monday and a few questions were raised that I'm trying to find answers for, but am having trouble:

1. Is it possible for players to view other character sheets?

Sort of. When a player selects a character from the character selection screen, no one except the host/DM can view it. However, the DM can right click on the character in the selection screen and click "Clear Owner." This makes the character sheet selectable by anyone... however, as soon as someone else has selected it, they are the only ones that can view it. In other words, the DM can look at it any time, but only a single player at a time can view any particular character sheet.

2. Is there any way to remove the player's maps always snapping back to the DM's position?

Sort of, again. There's a "bug" that allows a player to prevent the snap-back, but it's kind of tough to use and not very elegant, since it is, after all, a bug. To trigger the bug, use the scroller to position the viewport, then right click. It freezes the position there. But then if you start dragging again, it starts from the DM's position.

This is a requested feature, I believe.

3. Is it possible for players to zoom on the map?

No, it's not.

4. How do you apply magical inventory to your character sheet?

You can drag magic items into your inventory from a Library module.

5. How can you change the DM's portrait?

You need to create an extension. Sorry, I don't have time to outline the exact details at this moment... maybe someone else can link you to a relevant post on extensions or explain the process. Basically you need to create an extension that overrides the graphic in the ruleset that's used for the GM portrait.