PDA

View Full Version : Rolemaster Updates

Arion
July 5th, 2010, 19:44
Are there any plans to upgrade the RM ruleset to include the classes/spells etc from the Combat Companion and/or Spell Law II?

Veldehar
July 12th, 2010, 14:31
I will just slip in an opinion here... Even if the answer is yes, don't expect that yes quickly. I've offered to do several things for ICE expansion, right down to a drag and drop system and a pre-Spell Law 2 with all info from their "writing for ICE" info, which is now basically Spell Law 2 plus some. Perhaps now with Spell Law 2 out, they will be faster to allow it into FG2. Hard to say.

From my little experience with ICE, and discussions with people who've been more involved with that company, I've come to the conclusion that if I ever want to do my own commercial releases, I might as well develop my own RPG rather than pass from old age before hearing anything from ICE, LOL.

Veldehar

Arion
July 12th, 2010, 15:14
I have had some dealings with ICE ( I wrote Rolemaster Rome, and am writing companions for that) and they are not necessarily the quickest company out there!

I did cross post this question on the ICE forums, but there has been no response there. I might email them to see if they have any answers.....

Elvedui
July 13th, 2010, 01:39
They are a bit slow responding. There are alot of things that can be done to streamline the FGII RMC product which would open the game to others who haven't been interested in the recordkeeping part of the game. I hope they authorize the additions of Spell Law 2 before we all die. I have an entire gaming group waiting for a product that I can use to make the gaming easier to manage. Even their character creation spreadsheets are not officially supported so you can wait months if not years for them to be updated.

Veldehar
July 18th, 2010, 14:16
Excellent work on Rome. I doubt I will ever play it but I had to buy it! LOL. I actually started converting Rome into FG2 as an exercise to get a feel for what its like to convert a pdf into a ruleset add-on. Some very cool gaming ideas in there, and the info on Rome was impressive.

Veldehar

Arion
July 18th, 2010, 22:30
Excellent work on Rome. I doubt I will ever play it but I had to buy it! LOL. I actually started converting Rome into FG2 as an exercise to get a feel for what its like to convert a pdf into a ruleset add-on. Some very cool gaming ideas in there, and the info on Rome was impressive.

Veldehar

Thanks! Did you get far with the conversion? I would be very interested in seeing that

Veldehar
July 21st, 2010, 13:13
I got a little ways, mostly just pulling in text and structuring things, a couple of tables here and there. I know I had the provinces pulled in... Been long enough I don't really remember! LOL. Drop me a line at [email protected] and I will email you a copy of the .mod.

Thanks! Did you get far with the conversion? I would be very interested in seeing that