PDA

View Full Version : Healing Surge Value Adjustments / PC Movable NPC Tokens

KidSnide
July 4th, 2010, 07:15
I was wondering if there was any way to adjust the value of a healing surge to something other than 1/2 the bloodied value? Dragonborn have a fixed bonus to this number, plus there are some magic items with a similar effect.

Also, is there any way for a GM to give the players permission to move NPC tokens around? It seems like forced movement powers would be a lot faster to adjudicate if the PCs didn't have to verbally describe where they want to put the bad guys.

-KS

EugeneZ
July 4th, 2010, 07:22
1) Feel free to roll the surge value up. A balloon will appear with the amount of adjustments you're adding to the surge.

2) If the tokens are locked, no, the PCs have no control over NPCs. If they are unlocked, all tokens can be moved by anyone, I believe, but don't quote me on that -- I don't ever keep tokens unlocked. In my games, PCs use pointers to show NPC forced movement. But it would be nice if PCs could draw paths on NPCs...

someoneinatree
July 4th, 2010, 12:32
Yeah... under the default settings you should be able to hold ctrl, hover over the field, and use your mouse wheel to add a permanent modifier to your healing surge value on the character sheet.

And I also use pointers to indicate forced movement, much faster than descriptions. Just hold down right mouse button, and then left click and drag and voila: pretty arrow pointing to the square you want them moved to.

KidSnide
July 4th, 2010, 17:25
Yeah... under the default settings you should be able to hold ctrl, hover over the field, and use your mouse wheel to add a permanent modifier to your healing surge value on the character sheet.

Ahhh... So *that's* how you do that. Sometimes it seems like the only way to learn FG is to try randomly Shift-clicking and Control-clicking on every UI element to see what it does.

2) If the tokens are locked, no, the PCs have no control over NPCs. If they are unlocked, all tokens can be moved by anyone, I believe, but don't quote me on that -- I don't ever keep tokens unlocked. In my games, PCs use pointers to show NPC forced movement. But it would be nice if PCs could draw paths on NPCs...

From what I can tell, the PCs can move PC tokens and unbound tokens, but they can't move NPC tokens. It's a shame you can't fully unlock the board. After all, in tabletop play, the PCs aren't permitted to move minis around at random, but it's not like I have a security measure preventing them. :)

Still, the pointer functionality is a good tip.

Thanks to you both,
-KS

Xorn
July 21st, 2010, 19:26
The best scene in Gamers 2 is when the DM turns to deal with the cat and the players rearrange their minis!