PDA

View Full Version : Party Treasure Sheet

Demogorgon
July 1st, 2010, 21:27
Has anyone considered making a Party Treasure Sheet? The parcels are good, but after a while it gets confusing knowing who in the party has what item.

In many of the games I've played before all the treasure that the party finds goes into one sack. Then when the party gets to town the valuables are sold and the coins are divided equally between the party members.

It would be great if there was a sheet that looked just like the character inventory sheet, but was viewable by everyone. The location column could be used to hold the party members name.

Zeus
July 1st, 2010, 22:20
Has anyone considered making a Party Treasure Sheet? The parcels are good, but after a while it gets confusing knowing who in the party has what item.

In many of the games I've played before all the treasure that the party finds goes into one sack. Then when the party gets to town the valuables are sold and the coins are divided equally between the party members.

It would be great if there was a sheet that looked just like the character inventory sheet, but was viewable by everyone. The location column could be used to hold the party members name.

I'm going to assume your playing D&D 4E, so forgive me if I have assumed incorrectly. Check out my 4E Party Sheet extension (click the resource link in my sig) and the Party Inventory tab - I think it should give you what your looking for. In effect, it offers all players and the DM a consolidated view of all party members inventories.

In my games my groups use the party inventory sheet for dividing spoils and allocating out treasure items from parcels etc. The inventory sheet also offers an automated way of distributing coins across the party.

Tenian
July 1st, 2010, 22:21
The 4E party sheet has a shared inventory option.

Or DrZeuss could ninja me by a minute :)

Zeus
July 1st, 2010, 22:34
HeHe Faster than Lightning is me ... :)

Demogorgon
July 2nd, 2010, 01:10
Yeah I saw the party sheet inventory, but the problem is that a lot of time is wasted each time a parcel is given to the players. If there are a lot of art objects of different values, coins, and non-magical items things start to bog down when everyone places the items in their inventory. It becomes difficult for everyone who is playing to know where each of the items went or for them to total it all up. Once the items are in everyones inventory it is hard to tell if they are part of party treasure or if they have always been on the character sheet.

I've also noticed that when shared inventory is updated there are many duplicate items that appear. So I'm not really sure if using the party sheet inventory is such a good idea.

and yes I'm playing 4e

Griogre
July 2nd, 2010, 01:18
Make sure you clear the inventory before you update it. Update just re-pulls everything.

Zeus
July 2nd, 2010, 07:50
As Griorge has correctly pointed out, first make sure that you clear the party inventory before rebuilding, this should eliminate any duplicate entries. Consolidated views will increment the count of the item (in [] brackets) providing an easy consolidated view of the entire party's inventory.

For Parcels I generally consolidate coinage so for example a parcel might have:

+1 Longsword
Plain Shield
1000 gp
Necklace worth 500gp
Two 50gp gems

I will them consolidate the coins into 1600gp and will use the distribute coins to party feature to quickly disperse the coinage around the party. I then share the items (as non-indentifed) and the players then discuss amongst themselves who would benefit the most from the new weapon and shield and place these on their respective charsheets without any assistance from me.