PDA

View Full Version : Hotkey: /mod d6 -min 3 [Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes]

adminwheel3
June 28th, 2010, 15:38
So the above is what I would like to do; have a hokey which will roll a d6 with a minimum result of 3 and put the result in the modifier stack.

From what I remember there is no 'min' functionality yet? Only the Brutal X reroll? Just want to confirm that.

However is there a way to automagically put the result of a die roll onto the modifier stack?

Moon Wizard
June 28th, 2010, 16:50
I don't think what you are asking is possible in the current ruleset. The /mod command does not support dice, nor parameters.

However, you could probably build an extension to add a new slash command, like the one you are thinking about. There is an even some functions in the 4E StringManager script object to identify dice strings, and evaluate dice strings with random numbers.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
June 28th, 2010, 16:52
BTW, what ability allows a deva to have a minimum roll value for their power?

JPG

adminwheel3
June 28th, 2010, 19:04
If I remember correctly its a feat called Resurgent Skill. Anytime their MofA ability is used for a skill or ability check (not an attack) and they roll less than the average for the die, they get the average instead.

Which means either a 3 or a 4, depending on if you have the other feat which turns your MofA power into a d8.

I've been getting around it by making the roll a d4+2, which I know skews the averages but the player is only a casual gamer so the potential for abuse is minimal.

someoneinatree
June 29th, 2010, 10:08
Stuff like this is so unique to a specific character (specific race/feat combo) I probably would never try and automate it... but I suppose if you're in a long campaign it would be handy for you.

But generally Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes is something you roll after the initial roll has already been made, as indicated by the trigger phrase "you make a [roll/check] and dislike the result"... so I would just roll it as a separate die and add it to the original result.