PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Data?

CelineSSauve
June 27th, 2010, 23:33
I've heard other people having problems with FG II deleting information on magic items or simply not allowing the Players to see the information even when the item is dragged on their sheet, but I have the Ultimate version and uploaded all the PCs' sheets myself before they Players logged on.

The problem is that a few of their Powers have disappeared. I'm not sure if this is related to the item issue. Has this happened to anyon else? Did anyone find a way around it?

ShadeRaven
June 28th, 2010, 02:33
So far, the only issues I have run into is in modularity. When items, powers, etc., exist in modules that aren't available to players are used. To solve this, I have done a few things. 1) The PHB Data is constantly updated and shared so that everyone is using the same "books". 2) When it comes to items, those items that are active and "in game" are taken from the module(s) in question and added to the active campaign list. The ensures that if I stop using a module or if it was originally drawn from a larger module that I don't want to always have open (IE: my include-all Adventure's Vault), the item details are not lost.

The only time powers have come into question is when someone is not using (whether because they don't have it or haven't opened it in module activation) the same reference item from the same module.

Oh.. just occurred to me of one other occurrence when powers have disappeared or gotten out of sync. When a player imports them from Character Manager (local) onto the server... it gets updated on the server... then the player comes back later and loads the local version again instead of using the more updated server version.

Anyway... Keeping modules updated and shared and moving items has worked for me. Granted, I don't claim to know half of what some of these other guys do, but that's how I do it at any rate. :)

Hopefully, that will help you out in some small way or someone more knowledgeable will come along and offer more concrete advice. :p

Moon Wizard
June 28th, 2010, 06:30
I have only heard a couple reports of powers going missing, and I think it is usually related to player's opening their local character, instead of their server character.

If you can get the issue to reproduce consistently, I would be very interested in hearing the steps to reproduce so I can address any issues.

Thanks,
JPG

CelineSSauve
June 28th, 2010, 13:20
Hmm. Well, I don't use modules, so that can't be it. I'd put in the information manually for everything (The items were created on my server, not dragged out of another file as well...)

I'll be reuploading the missing information, and will check with my players if the sheets they claimed on the server shows up as 'local' (they're all on the Unregistered version) in their systems.

Thanks for the feedback. If things disappear again, I'll try to keep track of exactly when and will grill the Player in question as to just what he'd done. :bandit: