PDA

View Full Version : LFG (UTC+1), 4E, C&C, Pathfinder, etc.

Jonny Tenebrous
June 24th, 2010, 17:25
Hello everybody. This is my first post here, but I've been using Fantasy Grounds since 2005/2006. I'm not a pro with the software (I do own a full copy), having only used it when adequate conditions of domestic stability have allowed me to remain in one state/country long enough to responsibly join a campaign with a regular schedule(heh), but I'm reasonably comfortable with everything I should need to know. I'm an American currently (and hopefully for the foreseeable) living in England at UTC+1. I play the odd RPGA module through FGII (suits my mobile lifestyle) and have enjoyed playing a variety of systems with a European FG group that plays on Sundays. They're a good group of ladies and gents, but for my needs, they switch campaigns/rules systems too often and only manage 2 hour sessions on most nights. That's a little too casual for what I seek.

I'm available to drop in to a new or existing campaign on any afternoon/evening except for Thursdays. The campaigns I've most enjoyed over my years of gaming have typically run for no less than 6 months, and typically for 1 to 2 years. I don't mind if your group uses all text or prefers a VOIP setup... I'm geared up for whatever. I already have, or will purchase, whichever rules system is being used... I have time to read it. I'm happy to heavily roleplay, or just do some rollplay dungeon-crawling, or anything in between... I like wargames/boardgames as much as RPGs. And, yes, I'm an adult whose munchkin/twink days have already been lived/moved-beyond except where required (e.g. Hackmaster).

Cheers,
Jonny Tenebrous

gschlosser
July 11th, 2010, 00:47
Any luck finding anything? I am willing to play (not run) a game. Let me know.

Jonny Tenebrous
July 11th, 2010, 01:24
Oh, thanks gschlosser... thought this thread would be well-buried by now. Yeah, I've decided to DM my own 4E Campaign, which kicks off in the world of Dark Sun tomorrow. We're full up with 6 players at the moment, but it's tough to say yet if everybody will want to commit. If you're looking for a group, poke by my thread for D&D Encounters Season 2 in the 4E Forum here. I'll post available and temp positions as they open.

gschlosser
July 11th, 2010, 01:39
Surely will. Or just send me an email greglschlosser@gmail or text at 810-423-3274. I have not played Darksun ever, but have been playing for 31 years. I am new to FG though but am a quick learner, and will pick it up pretty quickly.

By the way, Greg is fine.

Jonny Tenebrous
July 11th, 2010, 01:49
Pleased to make your acquaintance, Greg. I've been playing D&D for about 17 years, but am new to 4E and still becoming familiar with FG as well. I've taken down your details, so if the circumstances arise, I'll be sure to include you in the loop. Have a great weekend, and good luck getting up and running with a group soon... check out the Fantasy Grounds Yahoo RPGA group if you haven't already. They're a good group of folks and it's a quick way to get playing right away.

gschlosser
July 11th, 2010, 01:52
Thanks so much. And thanks for the Yahoo Group info. I will definitely check there!

madman
July 11th, 2010, 16:46
we are looking for one more player in our kingmaker game. and would love to have a mature experienced player fill the spot.

check it out and let us know.

Kingmaker Game Link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12705)