PDA

View Full Version : CrimsonChampion's 2nd game on Saturdays.

CrimsonChampion
June 23rd, 2010, 19:48
Alright, I've decided to start up a another session of my campaign of 3.5. Don't confuse this with my other session, its the same world, going on at the same time, however the start point is a different region.

Saturday-5 pm or so EST. ( Time can still change, depending on the players )
______________________________________________-

FG2, of course.

From past experiences, my fights can get rough if not planned ahead. Meaning things can die, don't take it lightly. Also, a piece of advice is that the strongest character on paper won't always come out on top. The world's not a flat and without holes,cliffs and trap.

Firm and realistic but reasonable. Flexible to an extent... Let me know what style you guys ( girls, if the case may be ) tend to prefer if you send a message.

Experience will be awarded for RP effort You'll be given the option to even have actual connections in the game's world if you desire, at each character creation. ( Including if you die. )

Meanwhile, the opposite will obviously bring some consequences to your character, though I won't take away your experience points.

Character Creation:
No 3.0 books. No tome of battle.

Starting Level: 2, La allowed. ( Further so if you wish to add templates or some such later during the campaign, if you qualify, as a side quest. )

Roll for stat. 1d8+10 (*Edit* Sorry for the confusion. )

Skill-wise:Remember, those jumps and climbs and etc may be useful... So might performing, who knows?

2 Flaws/2 traits.
You can take some of the made up flaws from the danddwiki, or wherever you can find them, if I approve them. I find they can be pretty fun for flavor, so long as you abide by them, otherwise you lose the feat.

Starting Gold: 1000 G

Alignment: Any. ( But I'll hold you to it. If you fail your alignment, you'll be warned and you might end up out of a class if pushed too much. )

Item Creation:

Special gear such as +1,+2,+3... Need to be upgraded by the proper people in the proper town... Don't expect the peasant down of farms-ville to be able to smith you some +3 full plate. Item creation feats might be a bit more useful. The town in question is going to have a big affect on what you can buy and what you cannot, sometimes it might be cheaper in those towns too.

If you spend all your sweet sweet riches on farms-ville, they'll obviously change.

Looking for 4-6 people, as more often then not, people tend to not show up . ( Annoying isn't it? ) Need at least three to run a session.

The setting will take place on the continent of Balen'del,
within the kingdom of Lotannia, one primarily filled with "Regular" races and a few choice others. There are other kingdoms of course, its just the starting point.
The kingdom is considered LN, for the purpose of law and general alignment.
Everyone in the party will start in that kingdom, how or why you wish to be there we can discuss, with your background.

EX:
1. You can be on a religious pilgrimage.

2. It could just be a detour to wherever your true goals lie.

3. You could be a noble, a peasant, a rogue a (insert here) of the village.

4. You could be a spy from another kingdom.

5. Could be an extra-planar being with a hidden agenda... if you can somehow manage to beat the LA and have a good story.

If anyone would like to contribute a certain group or region in particular, especially regarding your own characters, I will try to fit it in. This is a world after all, and everything is still there.

And, yes, there are various groups which have different alignments and will take the parties reputation into account, who also give quests and bonus gear or powers as the case may be, with the party, including kingdoms, monsters, demons, celestials, beholders, drow, illithids, dragons, anarchists... just off the top of my head.

I would like to mention that at times, morality wise, I don't hold punches. Curve balls are fun, especially with the right party. I love the gray.

Otherwise post here and send me a pm through the FG site ( If you are though, make sure you tell me. Always forget to check it. )

Voice is preferred but optional ( Voice will be ooc. ). I can run the game either way, I'll leave it up to the majority, like the time.

First come first serve, of course, though there's always someone who never shows up. Good to be on the waiting list, always.

Thanks for the interest.

PS: Rp in battle counts as effort too! Always fun to hear the paladin say some cheesy line before slicing someone in two.

Ratio of battle to rp in my games tend to be about 7-3. But it can change, depending on the players.

CrimsonChampion
June 23rd, 2010, 19:57
Allright, so far.

Player PC Name Class
1. Sturmir: Nerroth : Silver Dragon Hatchling. ( From DragMag, Balanced. )
2. MikeParhams: Aeliel : Angel
3. Kaltahn : Pending : Warlock
4. Bolohenry : Pending : Cleric
5. Johan: Pending : Ardent?
6. Troy : Pending: Rogue

Reserve: 7.
Reserve: 8.

(Incase someone is unable to further attend our games. )
When you see your name on the board, go ahead and post me your character concept.

Also, don't forget your available times.

Game Alias: ugly gate dead zone

MikeParham
June 24th, 2010, 00:07
I am interested in joining your game Crimson, had fun the little time we played together under Mikker's game. I still am interested in trying out that Astral Deva template, even if you feel the need to tone it down.

But most of all, desire to play a game with plenty of role play to it.

The template is found in Savage Species - pg 155. It is both race and class, and does not permit multi-classing, thus my only options to select will be what feats to take along the path.

CrimsonChampion
June 24th, 2010, 00:36
Allright. Sounds good. I'll need to look at/find the template, but I'm sure I can adapt it to the game if needed. I'll get back to you on the character and history... I can explain parts of the world and etc as needed.

*Edit for Mike*

The template doesen't seem that bad.

Johan
June 24th, 2010, 02:46
I'll join this one as well, not sure on class, I think I'll try out an Ardent.

CrimsonChampion
June 24th, 2010, 02:50
Sure Johan

Johan
June 24th, 2010, 03:25
Could I use Dominant Ideal and Substitute Power from the Wizards of the Coast Mind's Eye: Expanded Classes Article?

https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070629a

CrimsonChampion
June 24th, 2010, 08:27
If you later decide to make the primary mantle for which you have selected this alternative class feature into a secondary mantle, you must also swap this feature, allocating it to one of your primary mantles.

This is listed after. The way I see it, if you choose to change back to a wider array, you stick with it and can't go back to being focused on one.

I don't see a problem with the substitution.

CrimsonChampion
June 25th, 2010, 01:58
Still looking for two or three new group members for Saturday games, 5 pm EST.

I normally leave the game up for long periods while I work on it, so if you want to jump in and make your character, go for it.

Alias: ugly gate dead zone

MikeParham
June 25th, 2010, 02:13
I've sent you an initial background for my character. I've a game starting in a few moments, but will begin designing my character tomorrow night.

Unfortunately it might be quite late if at all that I can make it this particular Saturday, as we are hosting my grandson's 2nd birthday party starting at 4pm, and likely the last guest will depart around 8 pm or so (you know how relatives can stick around).

But I'll check in afterward to see how things are progressing. let me know if there are changes that need to be made to the template, and what level I should prepare.

Re's, Mike

CrimsonChampion
June 25th, 2010, 16:26
First game should start next week.

Looks like there's going to be some pretty epic scenes after looking over the players so far.

Kaltahn
June 28th, 2010, 20:56
Hi Crimson,

This is Mike's son, Raph, and I am indeed ready and willing to join in on the fun. I'll be moving on Thursday of this week - but I should have all that I need by Saturday to get online. I've got a character concept brewing in mind; tell me, how do you feel about a warlock with an addictive personality (drugs, women, demons... men...?)

CrimsonChampion
June 30th, 2010, 03:18
Erm, sounds interesting?

Kaltahn
June 30th, 2010, 21:02
Done up a simple backstory which I believe adequately describes my character but doesn't get into specifics; forgive me, as I'm obviously a newbie to these FG forums, but I don't have an e-mail address to send you this concept and the 'send email' option is failing when I click on it in your profile.

Johan
June 30th, 2010, 21:59
try using send pm, if it doesn't work his pm box is full

bolohenry2
June 30th, 2010, 22:05
I have designed a Gold Dwarf Cleric. OK OK, he's not the best cleric in the world. More of the Friar Tuck type. He worships Silver-beard and is on a pilgrimage. Really they just wanted to get rid of him as he is a pain in the A##. He pretty good in a fight. even better making and drinking beer. He is a good guy with low morals. By the way its bolohenry after the tank books. BOLO.

CrimsonChampion
July 1st, 2010, 01:08
It'd be simpler if you guys had skype lol. Could just post it to me through there. I'm Brahmsdarkstone on it.

If nothing else, try pming, like johan said.

And sorry about the name issue, only remembered part of the name when I saw it.

I'll be leaving FG up on most of the day friday, for those that want to put their character in.

Johan
July 3rd, 2010, 16:49
nvm------------

CrimsonChampion
July 4th, 2010, 04:17
RP Experience:

Beerbelly: 700 Exp
Ale: 700 Exp
Robin Hood: 700 Exp
Goblin: 500 Exp
Killer: 200 Exp
Child: 200 Exp

MikeParham
July 4th, 2010, 05:49
Ailiel's Background Story

The war between the light and the dark has been waging for millennia, drawing mortals and other creatures from throughout the planes into its armies to fight vast battles, leaving fields of destruction in its wake. But not all of the battles are fought on such epic scale. Indeed the most important ones, the key turning points, are waged by single entities placed to do the correct action, at the correct location, at the perfect time.

The silvery haired Devic-Knight sits crossed-legged atop the tall cliff overlooking the storm-swept coastal village below. The shift between the planes of reality was more jarring for Aeliel than anticipated, as is the sudden sense of profound weakness his new form, adapted to sustain him within the rules of the mortal realm. As his new essence gathers within him, he recalls the moment of his tasking, the event which lead him to this place and time…

Within my inner vision I recall knelling upon a vast battlefield, the sky a dank reddish hue, so unlike the blue one before me now. Before looms a mighty Throne Archon, golden in color, with great scrolls protruding from his back like wings. These are the judges and commanders of Celestia, and their visitations are always rare and profound. The Archon waves his hand and images appear, displaying the events of my part in the earlier battle, how I directed the actions of the small squad of sword-handed Celestials as they waded through the vile forces before us, righteous rage shining in their eyes, elation flowing from them with each fallen foe. Yet as the scene focuses upon my own visage, I find myself taking a deep breath, and I lower my eyes in shame. For the warrior I see before me does not have that same zeal, that near carnal elation. In fact, he seems almost regretful, that such beautiful beings should be demoted by such appearance. Even as he takes to the fight himself, his strokes are backed by a sense of dispassion, not rage…as he…I, suppress true feelings, the growing sense of despair that we…who hold to such high ideals, are becoming as those we battle… empty, meaningless vessels, filled only by the fuel of violence and fury.

In my shame and regret I lift my eyes up from the vision to the Archon Commander, fully prepared to face his judgment at my so obvious shortcomings. Yet as he reaches forward to place his hand upon my shoulder, it is with a smile upon his face as he speaks… “Be at ease, Aeliel-Knight, for it is pre-ordained that you are not to become such as these ones. Indeed you are far more than a Sword Archon, incensed at the mere sight of less than perfection. It is your considerate spirit, and your thoughtful leadership that has inspired Him to cause your very creation, and these attributes must not yield to such instincts…else all we have done to prepare you thus far is a waste”.

As the mighty Archon sits beside the youthful Deva, he reveals a plan that will take the young angel far from the hallowed realms, into the world of mortals. For an item long lost, once holy and powerful, must be retrieved lest it fall into the hands of corruption. This task will require the aid of mortals, who will need the strength, courage, and thoughtfulness of such a one as Aeliel, to reinforce their own. An undeniable symbol of the Presence of Good in the world, you are to become a Power For Good as well.

In time, Aeliel’s bright smile return as the two discuss many plans and ideas, and the silvery light in his eyes intensify with dedication and resolve. The Archon smiles…”I see that we have chosen well, and our faith in you is well placed. Prepare yourself, young one…for the transition will be harsh and you will discover yourself diminished as per the laws that safeguard the realms. But know that the very hosts go with you, and that He watches over you and will guide your steps."

There is a sudden silence as the world itself stills…and brief moment of immeasurable pain… then the darkness, wind and wetness of the raging storm, as Aeliel opens his eyes upon a new and different place, high above a salty beach…where the distant sound of tavern music beckons.

MikeParham
July 4th, 2010, 06:33
A restless Night for the Deva

While the young hatchling recovers from his wounds, and the others take their recovery, a restless Aeliel makes his way across the town to the Temple of Torm seeking a place of familiarity in this strange world. So quickly are things different from as he thought…a place where the lines between darkness and light are far more veiled than in the planes. Where young silver dragons, whom he thought to be beings of goodness and mercy, can murderously rage against humans over perceived threats…and a lowly goblinoid can show kindness far above his assumed station.

The priests are surprised at his presence, but not overly so, as they have heard about the arrival of the strange celestial. A number of them ask to sit with him in his vigil… and over the hours he exchanges words with them, answering many questions, and in time…the prelate of the church comes…shooing away the younger clergy. For a time the two speak, the angel confessing those things that trouble his heart, particularly the events of the evening, passing on the knowledge gained as he ponders the ramifications of further associations with the two killers.