PDA

View Full Version : For Star Wars fans : Waylaid on Wayland

Mask_of_winter
June 20th, 2010, 14:15
Triple Ace Games’ new line of high-octane, two-fisted tales takes the heroes into space, where fighting evil crimelords, dodging bounty hunters, and evading asteroids while blasting at enemy fighters is all part of a day’s work.

When a senior political figure offered the heroes a tidy sum to deliver a small package it seemed like easy money, but that was before people started trying to kill them. What begins as a simple cargo run quickly has the heroes involved in a running battle over who gets to control a powerful political organization on the industrial world of Wayland. Trash incinerators, acid rain, high speed chases through chimney stacks, and a showdown where the scenery is just as dangerous as the opposition await!

I'd like to know who's interested in playing this module. I'm in GMT-5 Eastern Time and can run it on Saturday afternoon or on Monday, Wednesday or Thursday from 7pm to 10pm.

This is not a Star Wars Saga game. It is a Fast, Fun and Furious Savage Worlds game!

It really is fun and you won't be waiting 30-60 mins for your turn in combat. It is fast paced, action packed and cinematic.

Four players are needed. This module comes with four pre-generated characters. I'm willing to take on two more players if there's enough interest. In that case I'll provided two new characters. I know many players don't like pre-gens but you have to understand that this module was designed with certain character abilities in mind to face the encounters.

You can download the characters from TAG's website here (https://tripleacegames.com/Downloads/DaringTalesSpaceLanes/dtosl_pregens.zip)

The setting rules are available here (https://tripleacegames.com/Downloads/DaringTalesSpaceLanes/TAG31024A.pdf)

And since this is a module using the Savage Worlds rules, you will need the test drive rules (https://www.peginc.com/Downloads/SWEX/TD06.pdf) if you are new to Savage Worlds and don't have the full rulebook.

Let's get savage!

ProfMarks
June 20th, 2010, 17:54
Love this setting and would love to play with your group. It's going to depend on the timing however. This week is slammed but if kick off is later then that, I'd love to get involved.

Mask_of_winter
June 20th, 2010, 17:57
I'd love to have you back man. It'll start when (or if) I find enough players. Which time slot would suit you best?

ProfMarks
June 20th, 2010, 20:24
Thanks Mask,

You're a great GM and I'd love to get back into a regular with you as well.

None of the times are show stoppers as listed. During the week, there are occasional longer days that might put me more at 7:30 vice 7:00, but not enough to organize around it. So in short, all good, I'll make it work.

malachi666
June 23rd, 2010, 14:27
Thanks Mask,

You're a great GM and I'd love to get back into a regular with you as well.

None of the times are show stoppers as listed. During the week, there are occasional longer days that might put me more at 7:30 vice 7:00, but not enough to organize around it. So in short, all good, I'll make it work.

Still looking for players? And would it be this Saturday? Or have you picked another time to play?

Mask_of_winter
June 23rd, 2010, 22:13
Yes I'm still looking for players and no, it's unlikely to be this Saturday since only ProfMarks has shown a definite interest in it.

Are you down?

tgvarney
June 24th, 2010, 02:12
As long as its not this Saturday I would be interested in playing in it. I can make it any of those days.

EDIT: Earlier I said I couldn't make it Thursday, but I realized I can make it then as well.

Rokar
June 25th, 2010, 00:08
This sounds like an exciting game, and I want to play. All the times are good, however I have a couple of things I want to say now.
- I'm new to Fantasy Grounds II, as in I've opened it, updated it, and figured out how to close out of it.
- I've never played Savage Worlds, but I have access to a legit copy of the full rulebook
- I'm actually 17, I've run into PbP games where this has immediately disqualified me, so I'm getting that out of the way now.

Though if after all that you're still willing to let me in the game, I'll happily join.

Mask_of_winter
June 25th, 2010, 00:19
I dont care about age as much as I care about maturity. If you want to play and can commit to it that's good enough for me.

So we got ProfMarks, TGvarney and Rokar interested. We need a minimum of 4 to get this started. If at any point you believe you can no longer commit to the game, please let me know.

Familiarity with FG2 is not necessary. I run games for guys who dont know about Savage Worlds or/and FG2 all the time. It slows things down a bit but if we use Skype, after a game or two everybody is up to speed.

Rokar
June 25th, 2010, 00:30
Okay that's good to know; and it also seems I have another reason to get around to downloading Skype. I'm just glad people aren't trying to use Ventrilo or Teamspeak for the voice chat, I haven't had good experiences with those programs.

Mask_of_winter
June 29th, 2010, 00:01
Since only ProfMarks has reported for duty, I'm still looking for 1 or 2 more players.

Mask_of_winter
July 17th, 2010, 16:49
We're about to play this one-shot at 1pm EST. We have room for 2 more. Come on in!

Yahoo me or reply to this thread if you're interested. Or connect to the server. The alias is : bold quill firm pony

Mask_of_winter
July 18th, 2010, 13:33
Poison-spitting 5' long centipedes, space zombies and an engineer with a huge wrench! Those were the highlights of our game yesterday. You guys missed all that!

m_rebstock
July 19th, 2010, 21:49
sounds like it was an awesome event!

m_rebstock
August 4th, 2010, 21:17
is this still going on? is it any good?

Mask_of_winter
August 5th, 2010, 02:11
we're about to complete the second part, so far so good!

thanks for your interest!

m_rebstock
August 5th, 2010, 02:34
you may get done about the time i kick off. hint hint lol

ProfMarks
August 5th, 2010, 03:02
M_reb, as the engineer with the huge wrench, I highly suggest the game.