PDA

View Full Version : Full & Lite License-Same PC

Talen
June 17th, 2010, 23:48
So I have a full and lite licenses - what's the most efficient way to install on the same pc....can I record both licenses on the same application or do I need to install twice?

EugeneZ
June 18th, 2010, 05:23
Neither. Only a single install per user is supported. What is the purpose of having a Lite license if you already have a full license? Full can do anything and everything a Lite can, and can also host games.

Talen
June 18th, 2010, 13:29
My son and I are both gaming as players at times, so I just got him a lite license for his laptop. However, there are some occassions where we are outside the home where I would like to run a session on a projector from his laptop - hence the need for the full license on the same pc (laptop) as the lite license.

Having said that - if the license is 1 install per user, then I understand your point (dont like it, but I understand it).

EugeneZ
June 18th, 2010, 23:04
Well, had I understood your requirements more clearly, I would have been able to answer to your direct needs.

In your case, if you create another USER on the machine, you can install FG2 on that user's profile and it will more or less peacefully co-exist with the other user's install, to the best of my knowledge. The two will share an install path, though you can change that when installing the second copy to avoid trouble. Even if you were to install them to the same place, that shouldn't cause any issues, since most of FG2's data is stored at the user level, not the system level. But some stuff will be weird, such as when you update, so if you do a second install, I recommend doing it on another user profile in another directory.

Talen
June 19th, 2010, 18:31
Perfect - thanks for the great idea!