PDA

View Full Version : Chat features

Demogorgon
June 17th, 2010, 18:44
Is there a way to whisper to many players at once?

I've tried to use the story feature where you can assign a speaker, but you can't do something like.

NPC /emote looks around.

It would also be cool if I could right click on the characters name in the chat window and send him a private message. I don't know how many times I've made a mistake typing the characters name and was forced to type the message over again.

Ikael
June 17th, 2010, 19:17
Whispering feature is ruleset-depended, but what I can say is that whispering to multiple players at once is not common feature that people have implemented. However it's possible to implement it.

When you write whispering recipient, you can press TAB when you have just typed few first letter and it will automatically fill the missing letters to it. Again this autofilling feature is ruleset-depended, so try if that works.

Alternative, but still ruleset-depended way to send whisper messages to specific player is to write regular chat message, without the /w name -notations and when you're ready you can drag and drop that chat-entry message to one player's portrait to send that message to chosen player. I use this method because I hate to write commands in chat messages.

someoneinatree
June 19th, 2010, 00:39
Is there a way to whisper to many players at once?

I've tried to use the story feature where you can assign a speaker, but you can't do something like.

NPC /emote looks around.

It would also be cool if I could right click on the characters name in the chat window and send him a private message. I don't know how many times I've made a mistake typing the characters name and was forced to type the message over again.

Hey Demogorgon...

I'm not sure about the multiple whisper thing, but as Ikael said, you can drag text from the chat input box directly to a player's portrait which might make it easier.

Speakers should be able to emote, you just can't change speaker and emote in the same chat command I don't think.

I use /id [speaker name], and then /e [blah blah] as two separate commands because I find typing faster than switching to mouse. But you can also change speakers by clicking the white bubbles that appear under your dice every time you create a new chat id.