PDA

View Full Version : Ruleset Creation - How To?

malachi666
June 17th, 2010, 18:33
Hey Guys,

I have a question. Is there any place I can find out how to build a ruleset, character sheet, and other materials? I would think this site would be crawling with them, but I can't seem to find what I am looking for.

The reason I ask this is because I am thinking of porting the D6 OGL system into FG II. I haven't found one out there as of yet, nor how to actually create one.

Can some kind soul in the community please show me how to make a ruleset such as D6? Or if you can't do that could you point me in the right direction?

Now I have a limited programming knowledge, but I am a quick study when I have to be.

Valarian
June 17th, 2010, 22:07
I've actually got one for WEG's d6 Star Wars. It may be a little different to the OGL d6, but it has the Wild Die functionality and double-click die rolling on the skills. I've not put it on the wiki as I have no idea how to go about getting permission for it.

As to ruleset building advice, Foen did a few "Anatomy of a Ruleset" PDFs somewhere.

Foen
June 21st, 2010, 05:46
The Anatomy of a ruleset (https://wiki.witheredlands.co.uk/anatomy.ashx) is only partially complete, but it is fairly comprehensive (IMHO).