PDA

View Full Version : BRP Rome

RosenMcStern
June 15th, 2010, 12:48
Hello folks,

I am almost done converting our Rome Scenario Pack to Fantasy Grounds (linked scenarios written by Ken Spencer, Pete Nash and Conall Kavanagh). I had to put in some elements of the settings book in library format, too, as the adventures include peculiar weapons, special rules for surviving in a Roman riot, and so on.

The question I am asking myself now is: should we also publish a the complete BRP Rome for Fantasy Grounds, an "Extension to the extension" with all the special rules and most of the setting information available directly in FG? It would be a lot of work and certainly it would not come at a cheap price, and not necessarily useful to everyone as many people already have the Rome PDF.

What do you think about this subject? Is this extension necessary in your opinion?

Paolo Guccione
Alephtar Games

peterb
June 15th, 2010, 23:17
As a very general reflection of how I use FG I would suspect that such a project would be a waste of time on your behalf. Background info is much better presented in a PDF and it can be printed. Things that I find that players need are tables of varying types, such as price tables, equipment tables and so on. But to be really useful those need drag-and-drop support and that is not present in the ruleset. So IMHO you could use your time better.

RosenMcStern
June 16th, 2010, 12:59
Uhm, there is some drag-and-drop support in the ruleset, although not everywhere.

kairos
February 1st, 2011, 02:33
Any update on this project? I'd love to be able to run these modules in FG2.

RosenMcStern
February 5th, 2011, 13:37
The point is that.... we are still waiting for a green light from Chaosium. Other than that, it is almost ready.

kairos
February 5th, 2011, 16:19
Well, I've already got the Rome book and the adventure set. If they came out for FGII, I'd buy them all over again. :)

Thanks for the update!

ddavison
February 25th, 2012, 22:22
I'm not sure if I posted this or not yet, but is now available in the Store.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=ALG0007

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/images/store/ALG0007.jpg